Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 09:05 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
If anyone wants to spend $$$$$$ on a bag, so be it! It's their money. But I have to ask, is that the best thing that they can find to do with that much money?

My wife donates large amounts of time and money to children's charities and homeless youth in our community.

She is a tireless advocate for the charities she's involved in. She bleeds for those children.

If I can honor her by buying her expensive handbags then that is what I will do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 09:11 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,182,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
My wife donates large amounts of time and money to children's charities and homeless youth in our community.

She is a tireless advocate for the charities she's involved in. She bleeds for those children.

If I can honor her by buying her expensive handbags then that is what I will do.

Great! that's wonderful! BUT, suppose you gave the same amount of money to one of the charities, would she, or would she not, be just as honored?

Of course, the expensive handbag has provided jobs for the less fortunate. I guess we could be happy that expensive clothing cuts down on unemployment.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:21 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,442,098 times
I spent $140 once many years ago and another time $100 for one I was crazy about. Generally, I spend much much less. Last year, the oldest of my great-granddaughters acquired a Louis Vuitton handbag. She wanted it so badly, her dad couldn't resist. I would not want to carry one as I think they are not attractive. I don't know what it cost.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:26 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
I've paid $200-300 twice on Brighton purses. I don't change purses with the seasons. The last one I bought (Cher croco shoulderbag) is classic and goes with everything. It's a shiny pewter color.

Oh, and I just bought my mom one cuz she was always admiring mine, and she deserves it!

Last edited by caligirlz; 07-08-2013 at 09:34 PM..

Old 07-08-2013, 09:30 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
Quote:
If anyone wants to spend $$$$$$ on a bag, so be it! It's their money. But I have to ask, is that the best thing that they can find to do with that much money?
I no longer need to justify my purchases to my mommy or spouse....so...so what....

Old 07-08-2013, 09:31 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I spent $140 once many years ago and another time $100 for one I was crazy about. Generally, I spend much much less. Last year, the oldest of my great-granddaughters acquired a Louis Vuitton handbag. She wanted it so badly, her dad couldn't resist. I would not want to carry one as I think they are not attractive. I don't know what it cost.
LOL.... it's funny because as a guy, I find most of the high end purses and hand bags to be on the ugly side.... Gucci and Louis Vuitton.... IDK.... just visually they seem on the ugly and boring side....

Just my humble opinion of course....

Old 07-08-2013, 09:32 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,805,690 times
Quote:
Great! that's wonderful! BUT, suppose you gave the same amount of money to one of the charities, would she, or would she not, be just as honored?

Of course, the expensive handbag has provided jobs for the less fortunate. I guess we could be happy that expensive clothing cuts down on unemployment.
Yep, lets make everyone who drive something more expensive than KIA sell it and donate the difference

Old 07-08-2013, 09:35 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:

That could be asked and applied to just about anything, not just goods (going to the movies, eating out, traveling, etc..)

Why does someone need a $200 bag when a $50 bag can be purchased and the remainder of the money donated? Why does someone need a $50 bag when a $12 bag can be purchased and the remainder of the money donated?

Old 07-08-2013, 09:38 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL.... it's funny because as a guy, I find most of the high end purses and hand bags to be on the ugly side.... Gucci and Louis Vuitton.... IDK.... just visually they seem on the ugly and boring side....

Just my humble opinion of course....
Something tells me you wouldn't know an Hermes bag if you were hit in the head with it.

You're probably only aware of bags that are plastered with logos.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:41 PM

805 posts, read 1,558,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Something tells me you wouldn't know an Hermes bag if you were hit in the head with it.

You're probably only aware of bags that are plastered with logos.
Most people don't recognize Hermes, when I carry mine usually only gay men notice. I was out last week and had a gay male say "oh dear me a lovely rouge H with fjord leather I die". It was hysterical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty