Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 06:38 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,020,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
Oh I thought you wear talking about jeans as the problem.

Sorry about that.

I know my grandma had issues with that when she was younger. I honestly rather wear something that fits my stomach rather than my chest. Which works for me because I'm on the small end. But why can't you take it in where you need it to be?
Because it's not the style of the shirt...I can't have everything customized. I had a few shift-style dresses nipped in the waist and it cost me a small fortune because they were fully lined.

It's just difficult to find tops that aren't button down but still show a silouhette. Almost every shirt that isn't button down doesn't have a waist on it...tunics, bohos, peasant tops..etc. They all make me look like a potato sack.

When people see me in those shirts they just assume my mid-section is large too. When I wear something fitted they always ask "did you lose weight?" LOL
But...I can't go too fitted either, at least not at work.

I'd love to have a boob reduction but they balance my figure so they are here to stay.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:13 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,878,967 times
I'm a woman and my favorite body type is XCurvy Kate modelesque. Womanly, with no cellulite and slight definition. Its a fine balance for me between cellulite and muscle lady.

Star in a Bra Search for New Curvy Kate Model | Curvy Kate Blog

Old 07-10-2013, 07:40 PM

99 posts, read 106,767 times
none holly sonders of the golf channel now that's a perfect figure

Old 07-10-2013, 08:11 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,728,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Are we talking about the same girl?

She's not super-skinny by any stretch of the imagination but to say she has no curves nor waist is laughable.
Kate Upton is super cute, but she is an apple shape. Or ruler with boobs. Definitely not curvy, unless using strategic camera angles

Example:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...e-upton_1.html

Very straight in the waist.

Compared to someone who does have a defined waist like Beyonce:

http://www.phombo.com/celebrities/be.../full/popular/

*** some people mistake the idea of saying someone is not "curvy" is the equivalent of calling them ugly. Let's just say although Beyonce and Kate Upton are likely in the same size neighborhood, they won't be switching clothing anytime soon.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:21 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,773,809 times
Where after a thousand years have woman come up with this idea of washboard stomachs? How did this un-natural state in body shape come into being? Even with men this did not exist a couple of decades ago. In order to have muscles show and protrude on the abdomen - You have to do these totally un-natural repeated moves to get this effect....Imagine a cave man doing sit ups all day long...What would the point of that be....A bit of abdominal fat is simply an energy reserve...it's normal..

There was a dark haired girl from Chile..that I knew...she wanted to be like everybody else...She went to the gym EVERYDAY...Jogged her brains out...started eating like a bird...she shrunk by 40 pounds and dyed her hair blonde.....Funny how a naturally homely girl actually thinks they can make themselves beautiful...because the new standards of female beauty can seemingly be achieved artificially. She is not the real deal...She was more attractive in her natural state.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:22 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,728,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post

This lollipop/vase stuff is nonsense (and another way to objectify women; can you say degrading?). Boobs are mainly FAT & low body fat rarely results in all or most of it deposited ONLY in the chest. It doesn't matter your body shape at a certain point, it's a matter of FAT.

Well, thanks
I am going to disagree here. Breasts are made of dense tissue. And fat. Each woman has different ratios. Some women have more tissue, so their breast size us less variable than someone who has more fat.

There are quite a few 28h+ women walking around who don't have much to spare.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:26 PM

38,978 posts, read 27,367,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Where after a thousand years have woman come up with this idea of washboard stomachs? How did this un-natural state in body shape come into being? Even with men this did not exist a couple of decades ago. In order to have muscles show and protrude on the abdomen - You have to do these totally un-natural repeated moves to get this effect....Imagine a cave man doing sit ups all day long...What would the point of that be....A bit of abdominal fat is simply an energy reserve...it's normal..

There was a dark haired girl from Chile..that I knew...she wanted to be like everybody else...She went to the gym EVERYDAY...Jogged her brains out...started eating like a bird...she shrunk by 40 pounds and dyed her hair blonde.....Funny how a naturally homely girl actually thinks they can make themselves beautiful...because the new standards of female beauty can seemingly be achieved artificially. She is not the real deal...She was more attractive in her natural state.
Yeah. losing 40 lbs is insane. Plus, dyed hair is bad for your overall health.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:36 PM

44,278 posts, read 19,941,301 times
This thread has gotten off topic and has run its course.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty