Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 01:26 PM

515 posts, read 623,832 times

Advertisements

You have no problem with the skin color. It is the hair and eye color. You can't compete with blond hair and blue eyes in Atlanta where most girls are out of colleges with sororities and your buddy looks like he's in a boy-band. Plus he looks alot friendlier too. Save the serious look for clubs in NY or Miami.

In Atlanta, you've got to be the fun guy with a bit of an edge who isn't too scary to bring home for Thanksgiving. Soften up your look one weekend by shaving, smiling and looking preppy. It may not be you but I bet you'll have better "results".

Old 07-09-2013, 01:26 PM

805 posts, read 1,558,146 times
Well come to Southern California. You will be a hit here.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:27 PM

726 posts, read 1,228,791 times
Beauty is only skin deep. Personality goes deeper.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:28 PM

66 posts, read 70,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckodeirish View Post
Well come to Southern California. You will be a hit here.
really?

I though California girls were crazy for a Blonde Haired dude like Matt Barkley, even more so than girls down south.

Would I have to stick with dating Latinas there or would I have options? (Blondes, Latinas, Asian girls, etc.)

Old 07-09-2013, 01:29 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,599,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking 4 Help View Post
not sure where those women are but they aren't in Atlanta

people underestimate just how racist this city is, I hope the rest of America is better
Well I can only speak from my own experience, which is DC/Baltimore. Who knows, maybe a change in venue might suit you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
You have no problem with the skin color. It is the hair and eye color. You can't compete with blond hair and blue eyes in Atlanta where most girls are out of colleges with sororities and your buddy looks like he's in a boy-band. Plus he looks alot friendlier too. Save the serious look for clubs in NY or Miami.

In Atlanta, you've got to be the fun guy with a bit of an edge who isn't too scary to bring home for Thanksgiving. Soften up your look one weekend by shaving, smiling and looking preppy. It may not be you but I bet you'll have better "results".
Interesting take, will try that. Though to be honest, I have never seen White girls in Atlanta date Asian, Latino, Indian, or Arabic looking guys, like never ever.

805 posts, read 1,558,146 times
Quote:
really?

I though California girls were crazy for a Blonde Haired dude like Matt Barkley, even more so than girls down south.

Would I have to stick with dating Latinas there or would I have options? (Blondes, Latinas, Asian girls, etc.)
If you don't act like a jerk you can date whomever you wish. There are many couples of mixed ethnic background here.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:32 PM

515 posts, read 623,832 times
Quote:
not sure where those women are but they aren't in Atlanta

people underestimate just how racist this city is, I hope the rest of America is better

If you feel it is racist there you are doing something wrong. You should have no problem fitting in. Flashpoint, most of America is going to respond the same way to blond hair and blue eyes. It's not that it is inherently better but it is certainly more rare.

As humans, do we value things that are more rare and hard to come by or things that are easy to get and mass produced?

Old 07-09-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckodeirish View Post
If you don't act like a jerk you can date whomever you wish. There are many couples of mixed ethnic background here.
Well there are many mixed couples in Atlanta, mixed as in White men dating whoever they want and please and minorities only dating each other.

Have you personally seen Latino, Asian, or Indian guys in So Cal date White girls before? I want to be in a place where I have many options and am not limited by skin color.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:33 PM

141 posts, read 426,242 times
Well I am a southern girl and I think that the blond hair, blue eyed look is over rated. Personally I like men with dark hair. Those girls in Atlanta must be dumb. I think you are very handsome and to me the ethnic look is very sexy!

Keep looking and don't give up. You will find the right girl.

Stephanie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty