Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 11:40 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,677,577 times

Advertisements

Some can be hot, and I have found ones who are some what muscled attractive, but far and few and the really muscled ones are not my type.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 07:03 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I have a question for the muscle-y ladies. What about clothing? Especially pants and tailored tops. They seem to have a very narrow definition of expected arm size or thigh size it back size. I have enough trouble getting stuff, things assume different proportions than I have for sure.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
This is a problem for men as well. I "love" shopping, however I have a nearly impossible time finding shirts that fit right.

I typically have two options for shirts. Good length/normal mid section, but skin tight around the arms, shoulders, and back. Or, fits comfortably around the arms, back, and shoulders, but looks like it should practically be a blouse around the mid section. Far too long and too baggy around the stomach, makes it look like I'm hiding some huge gut or something.

Similar problem often with jeans as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
I train 4-5 days a week for about 45 minutes to an hour. It's not all that time consuming to maintain since I'm not actively trying to grow and I've put in about 12 years to get here.

My impressions - Muscular women tend to like muscular men. Jodie is an exception as she stated, however I'd put it at 80/20 give or take from the conversations I've had with friends. If the man is not muscular, he's usually at least fit.

Muscular men often do not prefer muscular women. They seemingly tend toward more of a 'bikini' look than what I would consider muscular. Fit but not big.

I think most people are comfortable around someone who can understand their lifestyle. If you are going to spend significant time in the gym and eat a certain way you often are better suited to someone who does the same, who gets it. That can be the connection more than the appearance.

If you go out drinking every night and play cards, you're more compatible with someone who goes to bars than someone who works hard at being muscular.
I agree with her for a mens perspective as well, in regards to what they want and training. I would have a hard time dating a girl who isn't relatively conscious about diet and exercise. I've had girls try and get me to "skip" workouts to spend more time with them. That's the fastest way for them to see the door. Has seriously created some arguments with girls I barely knew and them trying to seriously pressure me into that.

Like she mentioned, once you get where you want, it's much much easier to maintain. Getting there is the hard part. I'm still making gains right now just lifting 4 days a week for about an hour and a half. I could maintain where I'm at doing 3 days probably, but I still have some more goals. Same with my diet.

When I was seriously trying to gain weight and while I gained about 35ish pounds of muscle, it was like 5000 calories a day, and working out 3 days on, 1 day off, hitting legs twice as often as everything else. Typically 2 hour workouts as well.

Now, my training is a bit more tame in regards to exercises I do, mostly because I'm more focusing on a balanced physique and preventing injuries. I do a lot more isolation exercises than really heavy presses. I still do big lifts like bench and shoulder press, but I tend to do more like 8-15 reps as opposed to going really heavy. I had an umbilical hernia a year and a half ago which has slightly returned but it is ever so slight and hasn't got any worse, I just try and be a bit careful. Mostly stay away from super heavy squats and dead lifts, as those seem to put the most stress on that region. I just keep it higher reps and lower weight.

I'm just started last week to switch up my diet to start making gains again. It is NOT fun. Some people complain about how much it sucks trying to lose weight. I have been there before trying to cut a bit of fat. I can PROMISE you that force feeding yourself large meals of tons of mean when you aren't the least bit hungry can also be very very miserable. Try eating till you're full, then realizing your meal is only half way finished and forcing yourself to eat the rest. Then do that around 5x a day.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:07 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post

I'm just started last week to switch up my diet to start making gains again. It is NOT fun. Some people complain about how much it sucks trying to lose weight. I have been there before trying to cut a bit of fat. I can PROMISE you that force feeding yourself large meals of tons of mean when you aren't the least bit hungry can also be very very miserable. Try eating till you're full, then realizing your meal is only half way finished and forcing yourself to eat the rest. Then do that around 5x a day.
Ugh...that sounds miserable.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:43 AM

19 posts, read 48,361 times
I'm a girl,and I can't understand them.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:01 PM

861 posts, read 1,455,701 times
Quote:
What do guys think of muscle-y women?

Old 07-13-2013, 02:34 AM

869 posts, read 1,124,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
So I ran across this website and wonder what guys think of women who bodybuild and get muscle-y.
As far as sexiness it ranks above chest hair and mustache

Old 01-29-2014, 12:55 AM

957 posts, read 1,060,125 times
I Typically date skinny women but I like women that are in shape too. I'm 6'0 and 180 lbs but I'm pretty thin looking so I prefer my dates are smaller than me!

Lindsey Vonn to me, is sexy.

I mean if she's disgustingly ripped and looks like a dude I'd be curious, but I wouldn't really be attracted to her.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:16 AM

335 posts, read 1,311,147 times
The one in black on the first page looks fine and healthy. Presents an image of someone who cares about their body.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:38 PM

250 posts, read 399,889 times
They're gross for the most part. Theres a few on that page that are toned and shapely, and look awesome. But the ones that have a 6/8 pack and visible striations in their muscles don't do a thing for me. To each their own though.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:51 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,203,785 times
Skinny & muscular = Hot Hot Hot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a plump guy and would LOVE to cuddle with some muscle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty