Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 08:59 AM

108 posts, read 134,945 times

Advertisements

Am I just imagining things or is acid wash coming back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 09:00 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,426,806 times
As if pj bottoms aren't bad enough I once saw a woman at the grocery store wearing an adult onesie complete with hood pulled up over here mangled mess of hair. She was with her well groomed daughter who was obviously uncomfortable that her 40 something mother would wear a pink onesie grocery shopping.

I have one small tattoo and only a handful of people have ever seen it, I had it done for me not for the general populus. My daughter has a huge ugly black tree growing up her side and on most of her back, shes getting married next year and keeps sending me photos of dresses she likes. IMO nothing will look good with that monstrosity showing so I keep offering to send her to Vegas.

Velor pants with writing on ... yes I saw a lady in Home Depot wearing a pink velor suit with PINK! on the butt, she had a small pompom of hair dyed pink right on her crown and was carrying a poor Maltese which also had a small pompom of hair dyed pink too .. this lady was about 70 :\

Old 08-01-2013, 11:43 AM

3,759 posts, read 5,852,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
What do you think the rest of their body is going to look like, the non-tattooed parts? Taut and smooth? Youthful and glowing? nope. So it won't really matter much.

What I mean is their tats are not going to look the same when they are wrinkled and saggy. Yes, the skin will do that on its own. But I would rather have plain wrinkled skin than inked wrinkled skin. Just my preference. :-)

Old 08-01-2013, 02:20 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Goodwin View Post
"Hoot owl's poop?" Well, yee haw! Bless your little heart! LOL...So what does your tramp stamp say?
"April Goodwin".........

Old 08-01-2013, 02:36 PM

2,757 posts, read 3,999,500 times
Quote:
LOL!

Oh and how, HOW could I forget one of my "faves": sagging, bagging jeans. I just LOVE to see geniuses' ratty undies and how they grab their crotches to hold up their sloppy pants. Very sexy and classy!
Try seeing those clowns run in those things. They look like a bowling pin rocking left and right after a bowling ball swipes it. ("Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down.")

Old 08-01-2013, 02:49 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,940,539 times
I honestly don't see why people have such a hangup over tattoos. Some of them are quite beautiful, and often have personal significance behind the design.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:33 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I honestly don't see why people have such a hangup over tattoos. Some of them are quite beautiful, and often have personal significance behind the design.
Because it's different and makes people uncomfortable. For some reason there will always be a subset of people who go out of their way to put others down because it makes them feel better about their own decisions.

I mean, I couldn't care less if a person has a tattoo or not, I don't treat them any different but apparently there are a lot of people out there who like to judge and treat others differently based on what they look like. I've always gravitated towards the 'weirdos' in society because they don't judge and make far more genuine friends.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:02 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Because it's different and makes people uncomfortable. For some reason there will always be a subset of people who go out of their way to put others down because it makes them feel better about their own decisions.

I mean, I couldn't care less if a person has a tattoo or not, I don't treat them any different but apparently there are a lot of people out there who like to judge and treat others differently based on what they look like. I've always gravitated towards the 'weirdos' in society because they don't judge and make far more genuine friends.
So my mom HATES tattoos. She has been training me since I was little by calling them "gross." And of course, she thinks they look "terrible" when people get old.

So of course I have been brainwashed by my mom.

The thing is, I know I wouldn't get one (um I don't like pain), but 90% of the people I have met with tatts are nice, so why should I care. No one is forcing me to get one.

Some are awesome, some suck, but at the end of the day it is your prerogative and your cash.

But there is a thing I worry about, although this is slowly changing, is how one might be perceived if they had a tatt. And obviously my own opinion is shaped by my own ethnicity. The world it completely unfair. A white person with a tatt will be perceived as "alternative" or "hip." And at the end of the day you will be taken seriously. A non-white person (black, latino, or darker asian like Samoan) will be perceived as trashy/gang banger/ghetto etc. I mean we all know what happens when black people wear hoodies. If I got a tatt and decided to wear a long weave, people would perceive men wildly differently than they do now.

I hope that I can see a day where people with tatts won't be judged because they have a tatt.***

*** Unless you are one of those people with the random chinese/arabic/sanskrit/whatever characters tattoos that you hope say your name/peace/freedom or whatever, but actually says "dummy doesn't know what this means."

Old 08-01-2013, 06:34 PM

108 posts, read 134,945 times
I don't think some people get it. I don't think people with tats are "weirdos!" Matter of fact, it's such a cliche now to get a tat that those of us who are ink-free are the freaks.

In terms of race/ethnicity and tats, that is a good point. A BP with a tat will seem low-class but a WP is just artsy. I don't think tats are very popular amongst Hispanics but someone correct me if I am wrong. Same goes for Asians (including Middle-Easterners). I don't think tats generally look good on BP, especially if their skin is a darker shade. The ink tends to look more blotchy.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:09 PM

11 posts, read 26,534 times
Quote:
Could someone please explain to me why people are doing (or continuing to do) the following:

1. Wear pajama bottoms out of the house. I mean actual flannel, not jogging pants or whatever. I actually saw a girl wearing a whole set of pajamas at high noon. Her mother was with her. This girl was not a toddler; she was of grade school age. What parent allows their kid to leave the house in their jammies?!

2. Get tats. I know, I know, I am a weirdo for not having any. Most people from 18-50 have them. I am 47 so I still have a few years to "fit in." But I find them trashy as hell, although occasionally I see some artsy types who have sleeves of tats and it seems pretty natural for them to sport tats. But tramp stamps? How about neck tats? Nothing screams 'prison industrial complex' better than that. And I finally saw it all last night: a dude with tats all over his face.

3. Girls (and even women!) with PINK or JUICY written across their butts: what is UP with that? So you WANT me to look at your azz? Really?
1. Some folks are idiots, have no upbringing, or just don't give a darn how they look.

2. Live like you want to live, but... tattoos used to be a token of individuality but now they're just being like everyone else. I prefer being a "tattoo virgin" and have none. It sets me apart and allows me to express my individuality.

3. If you wear a size 1, maybe you can get away with that. Otherwise it just makes your a** look huge. Hey, if that's how you want to look, go right ahead... maybe some people like being ridiculed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty