Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 11:42 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,223,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have mine tattooed on.
No, they don't look like they're tattooed on, they look similar to this:
And yes, those are tattooed brows. I burned one off many years ago and it never grew back, so now I don't spend much time at all on my brows
Your brows look good but I've seen tattooed brows that do not look natural and were badly done.
The style of eye brows changes too, so one has to be careful.

just for fun, here's a clip about Uncle Leo's eye brows.

uncle leo - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 01:38 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
Mine evoke pre-makeover Susan Boyle if I don't keep after them. Interestingly, when I get them done, the guys I'm dating inevitably comment on how good they look, which I think is the oddest thing for a guy to comment on. I guess because it's such a striking difference from when I don't keep up with them and they begin to resemble aggressive caterpillars...

Old 08-07-2013, 01:42 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
I was an aggressive plucker in high school, and now I think they are too thin and they won't grow back anymore. I should probably get the right stuff and learn how to fill them in a little, but oh well. I still say nothing is worse than ones that are too hairy...or a unibrow. Yikes!

Old 08-07-2013, 01:54 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Mine evoke pre-makeover Susan Boyle if I don't keep after them.
Ha! Mine are similar. I get them waxed every so often, and pluck a few strays from each side every morning to keep them under control, but I'm not convinced that it's "a lot of time" spent.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:41 PM

100 posts, read 119,139 times
Your eyes are the windows to your soul so that would make your eyebrows the curtains right? I touch mine up every morning with tweezers takes 2 to 3 mins. Since I do it almost daily I'm noticing those hairs don't really grow back

Old 08-07-2013, 05:17 PM

452 posts, read 709,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
I have eyebrows? Should I spend time on them?

I never notice anyone's eyebrows unless they are plucked into those weird thin arches, or extraordinarily hairy.
On the pain of death I couldn't tell you which of my (female, or male for that matter) friends does anything at all with their eyebrows. Not on my radar, I guess.
yep

Old 08-08-2013, 06:06 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,223,846 times

uncle leo - YouTube

I like Uncle Leo's eye brows.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:40 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Your brows look good but I've seen tattooed brows that do not look natural and were badly done.
The style of eye brows changes too, so one has to be careful.

just for fun, here's a clip about Uncle Leo's eye brows.

uncle leo - YouTube
Can't stop laughing. Thanks.

I probably spend two-three minutes, monthly, to remove strays and takes me about a minute to fill in sparse areas that I practically demolished by over trimming in my youth. My baby sister never touched her brows and she had what I thought were the most beautiful brows and a million dollar smile to go with the rest of the face.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:34 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Does anyone want to here about my old man eyebrows? If I do not manage them I start to look like some old wizard. When I am getting my hair cut...I let her trim my eyebrows...as long as she does not go crazy with the scissors I can live with a bit of a trim.... Still....plucking ? Don't do it...as I mentioned my wife plucked herself bald and she looks like an alien from another world - but then again she is a bit compulsive and cuts her own hair....On a few occasions I have shown up at her house and found her head trimmed to the max and she looks like a tennis ball...the fuzzy kind.

Point being - plucking can become an obsession.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:41 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgreenel View Post
Your eyes are the windows to your soul so that would make your eyebrows the curtains right? I touch mine up every morning with tweezers takes 2 to 3 mins. Since I do it almost daily I'm noticing those hairs don't really grow back
No ......the brows are not the curtains...They are the frame of the picture. You will notice that when you keep damaging the root of the hair...eventually the root becomes scarred and the hair will not come back. YOU my friend are eventually going to run out of eye brow. Do you really want to look like that old immigrant Russian lady with the bleached hair and penciled in eyebrows that are never quite balanced? It could happen to you--------------------STOP picking at your face!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty