Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find tattoos acceptable?
Yes - Whether you have them or not 17 31.48%
No - Whether you have them or not 20 37.04%
Neutral - They don't bother you to a certain extent 17 31.48%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 05:53 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaybri73 View Post
I have spent the past 21 yrs in Marine Corps towns so it was always pawn shops, topless bars, and tattoo shops, and almost everyone had tattoo's. My husband has 2 both Marine Corps inspired. I have 2 also, one I got while in the Navy and I am very proud of it. The other is one large heart with 2 small hearts branching off of it. When my oldest turned 18 she designed it to represent me and my 2 girls and we got it together. When my 17yo turns 18 she will get it also and we will add live on hers love on mine and laugh on my oldest daughters. I think as long as they have meaning they are great. I am getting one more that says Always and Forever and my husband is getting Forever and Always. For the last 21 years of deployments for training and/or wartime that is how we always signed our letters. Mine can be easily covered if I need to go to a formal event. I do believe one shouldnt judge or profile someone because they have tattoos.
See, that's what I mean, that's where tats make sense to me and I have always found the military tats to be well done and to have meaning. In that context it makes them a badge of honor and something to be admired. But that's just me.

In other contexts, it conveys to me a sort of gangsterism, tribalism and in some cases devolution. I'm going to get flamed for that, probably, but that's what it conveys to me, outside of the military. And generally, I'm just not interested enough to examine them in depth to see what's being portrayed. In fact I would find it embarassing, staring at someone's body to try to figure out the art aspect. Whereas I don't feel uncomfortable looking at a painting or sculpture.

But if it makes someone happy, what the heck, who am I to judge? One of the brightest young men I know is covered with tats big time, and I would not hesitate to hire him for an upper management position if I had a company.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:57 PM

554 posts, read 977,400 times
I got 7 myself. I have lived in a few different parts of the county and it does seem that a higher percentage of people in Fla have ink then in other areas.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:59 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Mainly what I object to are "Fat-toos". That's where I have a problem and would rather not look.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:59 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,758,112 times
I love my tattoos, and for me, I dont really care what other people think about them. I got them because it has meaning to ME, so if someone doesnt like it (i've yet to encounter that), well, then dont look at me. I actually get a lot of people talking to me about them because its very artistically done that people dont think its real. Though, since it spans across my upper chest to my collar bone to my shoulders, it gets slightly odd when people stick their face up in my chest to get a closer look. I dont mind though, I would rather people enjoy my art that i spent a pretty penny on a few years back.

As for the people chiming in about the "quality" of people who have tattoos, I've never been late on any of my bills, not a single day (usually a week early or whenever i get the bill, that way if I DO have a financial problem, i have that extra week or two padding til the bill is DUE to get the bill paid).

Old 08-08-2013, 06:09 PM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times
some are art, some are some crazy sh''- but it expresses freedom. It is a trend and one gal who works at a tat shop is very long legged gal, she had tats the whole length and it was beautifully done/ but some makes me wonder what they do in the dark.? My son lost his little boy and there is a full face tat on his back with his dob and dod. he had it done to express his pain and love for his baby. I have no problems with it.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:34 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
I don't like tats at all.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:48 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
I would be very unhappy if my kids got one...or if their SO's had them...but otherwise I don't really care...well except for the bear claws or whatever some young woman had on her cleavage...that was gross

Old 08-08-2013, 07:51 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,980 times
I like tattoos, my abundance-of-caution alarm rings laud

Old 08-08-2013, 09:31 PM

25 posts, read 62,813 times
I voted as neutral.

I do not have any, but do not mind either way on other individuals as long as it isn't something I find offensive. My definition of offensive varies although neck tattoos are my least favorite thing to see on someone; just because I don't care for it doesn't make it wrong though.

Some tattoos are true works of art!

Old 08-08-2013, 09:52 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,800,282 times
I personally don't mind them on other people. Some of them are gorgeous and true works of art. Most tattoos have a story behind them, and most people are more than happy to share the reason behind their ink.

However, I have a tattoo and I HATE it. I got it many years ago and now regret it terribly. I work in a professional setting and must keep it covered because that's the rule. It severely limits what I can wear.

There are many people out there who think tattoos are trampy and low-class. I hide mine all the time because I don't want people to view me in such a light. I actually am making an appointment to have it removed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty