Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 02:11 PM

784 posts, read 1,981,793 times

Advertisements

This is a new thread on a previously discussed topic. Several years ago, I made a thread asking if shorter shorts were coming back for men, and some said yes while others said no. In 2013, I've noticed a considerable amout of men going around in above the knee and even mid-thigh length shorts. So it might appear that for the first time since the early 1990s, guys may not have to wear the long and baggy shorts much longer without violating a social taboo. Do you think this trend will continue? I personally hope so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 08:04 PM

44 posts, read 215,376 times
The shorter shorts for men are definitely back in style in the Southeast (especially with the "frat" guys lol). I see lots of them wearing these Chubbies Shorts: Radical shorts for men

I think that particular brand is a little too short/obnoxious though. But to each their own...

Old 08-11-2013, 08:15 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
I still wear my soccer shorts from the 80s

Old 08-12-2013, 08:13 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
I prefer shorts slightly above the knee, however halfway up the thigh is a bit much.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:19 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
I think they are just pulling them up so their underwear doesn't show.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:50 AM

784 posts, read 1,981,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I prefer shorts slightly above the knee, however halfway up the thigh is a bit much.
I actually prefer mine mid-thigh length, no shorter than that. What I don't get is why that length or shorter on men in now so offensive to the masses when it was commonly accepted 20-25 years ago before the backlash against gays, Michael Jordan and the Hip Hop/Young Urban Movement happened that transformed mens shorts to the capri length they are now.

Last edited by Kemba; 08-12-2013 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: Add information

Old 08-13-2013, 08:47 AM

387 posts, read 408,592 times
My shorts are atleast knee length. Due to being tall ( a lil over 6'7) I don't know if people would appreciate me showing too much thigh,lol.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:09 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,801,597 times
Yeah I find it weird how women have shorts that show their buttcheeks and public hair (if they didn't trim/get rid of it) while men have shorts halfway down their calves. What happened to both sexes having just reasonable length shorts?

The fact that older women don't tend to wear these short shorts shows that it's a sexual thing...More the DISCREPANCY between the genders rather than the shortness themselves. If both sexes wore short shorts it wouldn't be a sexual signal.

Old 01-09-2014, 05:50 AM

3 posts, read 7,315 times
Join the revolution, friend. The Dark Ages of Men's Fashion, which started about 1989 and have continued since then, are finally coming to an end, and with it, the repression of masculinity and of male sexuality.

Every single guy--especially if he's fit and toned--who wears skinny, slim-fit, or stretch jeans or chinos, and form-fitting denim shorts (and all of these things are designed nowadays with material soft enough so as not to to violence to the scrota), low cut and off-the-shoulder tank tops, and especially short shorts of any variety (Chubbies, Yimps, rugby or footy shorts) hastens the coming of the New Fashion Rennaissance. Every single guy who dresses in a way that flatters the male form scores a victory for Men's Liberation and against the unholy alliance of hip-hop, grunge, homophobia, and extreme radical feminism that seeks to hide away the male body in burkhas that are commonly called cargo shorts, board shorts, or even 'basektball shorts' or baggy pants and triple X shirts. The time has come to win for men the same rights in fashion as what women presently enjoy. Make a statement. Stand up and be counted. And when you see people making fun of people who are different or laughing at a guy in short shorts, put them in their place.

By the way, I's a big, muscular dude who wears short rugby shorts, sandals, and off-the-shoulder tank tops pretty much wherever I want to. I have absolutely no homosexual tendencies (though it's nobody's damn business if I did.). Just as straight women often refer to other women as hot, sexy, etc so I reserve the right to say that about guys--doesn't mean I'm going to sleep with them. If gay guys want to live the gay lifestyle openly and demand their rights to do that and to get married---more power to them. But in addition to that, more power to us straight guys who refuse to be downtrodden any longer.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:26 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Looks like I will be out of style.. I hate and will not wear mid thigh length shorts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty