Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 09:58 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,907,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raina starling View Post
You're not a LIBRA, are you?

No, you are just aesthetically based. I understand but when it is taken to extremes, it's a turnoff to me. Men are are TOO groomed are not attractive to me. I like a more hiker or rumpled look.

haha nope. Just barely a Scorpio :P

And you said it perfectly actually. I may have to use that in the future! ("Aesthetically Based"). I also agree where I could understand how it could easily be a turnoff when taken to extremes. That's why I said I was in the middle, because I definitely know some people who take it to extremes. My wife likes that I am into it *some* but she definitely isn't into the extremes either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 10:03 AM

79 posts, read 100,222 times
Default Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
haha nope. Just barely a Scorpio :P

And you said it perfectly actually. I may have to use that in the future! ("Aesthetically Based"). I also agree where I could understand how it could easily be a turnoff when taken to extremes. That's why I said I was in the middle, because I definitely know some people who take it to extremes. My wife likes that I am into it *some* but she definitely isn't into the extremes either.
Are you born in Oct.? If so, then you're on the cusp of Libra, LOL.

I don't have anything against men who are cool dressers. I think John Lennon and George Harrison were cool dressers, along with Keith Richards during the '60s.

I am not into polo shirts and fancy jeans for men. And guys who wear button-down shirts, even during leisure time, remind me of Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:23 AM

2,276 posts, read 3,077,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
sorry I just edited my previous post. you responded quickly! haha.

I am married. I do not tell her anything unless she asks for my input (which she actually does fairly often). But I really like her "fashion sense" anyway so it works out well I often feel I am a strange breed being a straight man who really enjoys interior design and fashion haha.
You sound a lot like me. I have a keen fashion sense for others, and also for interior design/architecture, but strangely it does not extend much to myself. I rarely go clothes shopping and mostly wear jeans and a tee shirt. Maybe its because I"m not usually trying to impress the opposite sex (I'm very taken). I think that has a lot to do with it. Either that, or the guys that dress that way are trying to fit into a certain mold or clique of others who dress similarly or have similar interests.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:55 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,907,661 times
That does sound a lot like me. I do enjoy clothes shopping, but it is not expensive clothes

Old 08-16-2013, 11:47 AM

560 posts, read 1,130,217 times
its all recycled fashions that we all wanted to phase out and forget but they keep coming back.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:14 PM

Default Ain't that the truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbyman View Post
its all recycled fashions that we all wanted to phase out and forget but they keep coming back.
I have seen those necklaces with a girl's name in cursive ('70s) and a Black boy with those eraser-head square 'fros (late '80s...I don't know if that is a fade or not).

Old 08-16-2013, 02:29 PM

560 posts, read 1,130,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raina starling View Post
I have seen those necklaces with a girl's name in cursive ('70s) and a Black boy with those eraser-head square 'fros (late '80s...I don't know if that is a fade or not).
you mean high top fades. I used to have those back when i was in the 3rd grade.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[/IMG]

It's like who decided to go back 20 and 30 years? I guess a creative wall was hit, but hey its better than what many still wear

Old 08-16-2013, 02:50 PM

LOL! It looked like the bottom right dude. Like a high square 'fro. From Kid and Play. This kid was like 12 so he wasn't even alive. He must have seen an old show.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:27 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,784 times
Whoa, we just saw a high square fro today too! The Kid n' Play one - on a boy of probably 9 or 10.
As for the OP question, I don't like the metro look either. I'm a jeans n' tee kinda girl, and I like my men that way too. I prefer a more rugged look too.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:08 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,442 times
The clothes do not make the man. It's voce versa. I can dress fashionable and be coifed, but still look like a man. I can be casual and very rumpled, but not look like a bum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty