Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 08:44 AM

9,471 posts, read 9,340,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Yeah speedos I was in turkey recently on holiday with my family and the amount of men wearing them were truly unbelievable some men were extremely overweight and it was not a pretty sight lol. Us Brits don't wear them, well not that I know of it was more German, Swedish, French etc.

Not a pretty sight, is right. When we lived in South Florida, we used to see many old Canadian men with big bellies wearing speedos and walking on the beach. What a way to ruin someone's ocean view!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 12:23 PM

79 posts, read 99,993 times
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...tjcLRHDSvnu98w

Old 08-17-2013, 02:57 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,254,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Lol seriously?

I wear sweats sometimes in fact a lot of people do here. I hate women who dress up to go to the store, heels, hair, make up it's so sad.
You HATE women who do that? That's a bit extreme, don't you think?

And those drop crotch pants are HORRID! Ugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raina starling View Post
Next time post a warning! LOL.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:02 PM

79 posts, read 99,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post

Next time post a warning! LOL.
LOL!

I don't know if you were the one dissing sweats but I will wear them sometimes. I don't see what the big deal is. Well, if they have JUICY or PINK written on the butt, I find that highly tacky.

As for dressing up to go to the grocery, I don't see that too much unless the woman is in work clothes or Sunday church clothes.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:39 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,254,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raina starling View Post
LOL!

I don't know if you were the one dissing sweats but I will wear them sometimes. I don't see what the big deal is. Well, if they have JUICY or PINK written on the butt, I find that highly tacky.

As for dressing up to go to the grocery, I don't see that too much unless the woman is in work clothes or Sunday church clothes.
Nah, I wasn't the one dissing sweats. I don't think I have an opinion on them either way.

Also, there are some out there that I'm not sure if the qualify as sweats? When I hear sweats I tend to think of the pants that I would see when I worked at Wal-mart; the cheap ones that are in solid color that have matching sweatshirts; the pants are cuffed at the bottom.

But it seems in recent years pants that qualify as sweats are a little more stylish than I used to see when I was a kid in the 80's. Maybe they are fitted better, or have a nice design... So I guess for me it depends on the style, color, etc.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:15 PM

18,073 posts, read 18,742,625 times
Those collared, three button polo shirts (even better with the collar up); just how long are guys going to wear these thinking they are dressed up?

Old 08-18-2013, 03:33 AM

726 posts, read 1,893,156 times
Hipsters wearing the black plastic rimmed "nerd" type glasses.

Meticulously groomed facial hair on guys.

"Plug" style earrings.

Skinny jeans

Guys dressed up like cowboys who have never even seen a real cow or ridden a real horse.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:38 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,264,245 times
Quote:

I agree and don't wear them

Yeah I don't see why some women are that superficial I mean for goodness sake you're going to get shopping lol

Old 08-18-2013, 11:40 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,264,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Not a pretty sight, is right. When we lived in South Florida, we used to see many old Canadian men with big bellies wearing speedos and walking on the beach. What a way to ruin someone's ocean view!
Hahaha oh I totally agree

Old 08-18-2013, 12:43 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,575,426 times
Quote:
Nah, I wasn't the one dissing sweats. I don't think I have an opinion on them either way.

Also, there are some out there that I'm not sure if the qualify as sweats? When I hear sweats I tend to think of the pants that I would see when I worked at Wal-mart; the cheap ones that are in solid color that have matching sweatshirts; the pants are cuffed at the bottom.

But it seems in recent years pants that qualify as sweats are a little more stylish than I used to see when I was a kid in the 80's. Maybe they are fitted better, or have a nice design... So I guess for me it depends on the style, color, etc.
I think they're probably talking more about yoga pants or the terrycloth pants that come in sets instead of the traditional 'wal mart' sweatpants. I have two pairs of 'yoga' style sweatpants, one from my alma mater and the other from MIT where I'm hoping to get into a Masters program...I haven't really had anyone call me un-classy for wearing MIT sweatpants
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty