Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 11:08 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,030 times

Advertisements

I am looking at this purse for my wife used. I was told by the seller they bought it from a friend who buys from Coach shops. I know storys are not worth the air to blow them up. She is asking 21 dollars for it shipped to me. It looks good to me from what I can tell. Stitching looks very neat and clean, the tag looks like the ones said to be original. I thought maybe some of the real coach experts and I am sure there are a few, I hope there are, can help me. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Help with a purchse for my wife[original Coach?]-coach-bag1.jpg   Help with a purchse for my wife[original Coach?]-coach-bag2.jpg   Help with a purchse for my wife[original Coach?]-coach-bag3.jpg   Help with a purchse for my wife[original Coach?]-coach-bag4.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 11:17 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,379,815 times
Hard to tell... I suggest getting a picture of the lining... That is a good way to tell the fakes.

I think this is a small Coach wristlet which are not too expensive to begin with... $21 could be the going resale market price, especially if from an outlet store.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:40 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,947 times
The tag on a Coach bag is meaningless.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
The tag on a Coach bag is meaningless.
Why is it meaningless? From all I have read so far, yes it can be taken off an original and put on a fake but that's not likely. I see most fakes do not take the time to correctly fake a tag. Although not a way to for sure say its real but its a sign it is not a fake if the tag is real.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:54 AM

For $21 I'd probably just buy it for your wife.... Does she have a return policy?

Did your wife pick it out? There are a lot of Coach wristlets on Ebay at a similar price range, or just a little more.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:54 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Let your wife pick it out. I know it is nice to surprise her and all that but if you goof you'll wonder why you ever thought about buying something like that. Do yourself a favor and get her something else, something no so much dependent upon fashion.

Guys and fashion, especially women's fashions, rarely mix well. Take her to a Coach store and having spoke to one of the sales people beforehand, she gets ushers to where those bag types are placed and let her pick one out. The risk is that she see's something else and want that and that could get pricey. Oh well, happy wife long life.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Let your wife pick it out. I know it is nice to surprise her and all that but if you goof you'll wonder why you ever thought about buying something like that. Do yourself a favor and get her something else, something no so much dependent upon fashion.

Guys and fashion, especially women's fashions, rarely mix well. Take her to a Coach store and having spoke to one of the sales people beforehand, she gets ushers to where those bag types are placed and let her pick one out. The risk is that she see's something else and want that and that could get pricey. Oh well, happy wife long life.
Now that is some excellent advice! Get her a Coach (or Ebay) gift card..

I have my doubts about the styling of that particular wristlet, but maybe it's something the wife likes. I prefer the Coach Saffiano leather wristlets (resale $30-$60), but that's just me.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
For $21 I'd probably just buy it for your wife.... Does she have a return policy?

Did your wife pick it out? There are a lot of Coach wristlets on Ebay at a similar price range.
The seller said they would take it back if I did not think it was authentic. She is an Ebay seller and said after I won the auction that she bought it from a friend who buys from Coach show rooms. You never know if its a line or the truth. I hate to call someone I don't know a scamer and will for now give her the benefit of the doubt. Shipped its 21 bucks so its not really a big deal, I just wanted to know if it was really a coach. I blew up the stitching and its amazing how uniform it is. If you count the stitching from side to side its exact and not only that if you draw a line each stitch matches up form its stitch in the second row. I know some fakes are very good AAA fakes, but I do not see anything that jumps out.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
The seller said they would take it back if I did not think it was authentic. She is an Ebay seller and said after I won the auction that she bought it from a friend who buys from Coach show rooms. You never know if its a line or the truth. I hate to call someone I don't know a scamer and will for now give her the benefit of the doubt. Shipped its 21 bucks so its not really a big deal, I just wanted to know if it was really a coach. I blew up the stitching and its amazing how uniform it is. If you count the stitching from side to side its exact and not only that if you draw a line each stitch matches up form its stitch in the second row. I know some fakes are very good AAA fakes, but I do not see anything that jumps out.
Will your wife like it?

For comparison - New Coach black leather wristlet for $58...

http://www.coach.com/online/handbags...00000000013513

May be smaller than the one you are looking at though..

Old 08-28-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Will your wife like it?

For comparison - New Coach black leather wristlet for $58...

Coach :: SMALL WRISTLET IN SAFFIANO LEATHER

May be smaller than the one you are looking at though..
Its a lot like the one she was wanting but for this one has the leather angle stripes instead of just angled stitching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty