Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 08:32 AM

752 posts, read 1,164,295 times

Advertisements

One my friend have wife that is US born white women. She is build like 8 but have some fat and not so pretty face. Would be maybe ideal of a truck driver. I didn’t se here in nothing else then pants and shirts that want explode at her. In such outfit she go to store and walk around house. It is funny as she is very busty and with bubbly buts. And she have habits to pull up her pants and shank buts in process even pants are tight at her.
Exception is when she go to job she carry on loose outfit, and she look really fat in it, and quite ugly.
My opinion is that some busty and (or) bubbly women do not have choice then carry tight clothes because in loose clothes they look fat. Can such kind of women look elegant ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 08:37 AM

2,757 posts, read 3,999,699 times
IMHO, hardly ever; it would take a "miracle".

Old 08-22-2013, 09:25 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
See Christina Hendricks in her Mad Men gear:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...-dznrokSK7b2OQ

Or Nigella Lawson:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sit...lla_lawson.jpg

Or she could just wear something like this:
Issa Collection Three-Quarter Sleeve Wrap-Tie Dress | Banana Republic

She just needs to make friends with a tailor to ensure proper fit.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:42 AM

20,757 posts, read 19,951,234 times
The first two links show super pretty women with no belly fat (probably sucked off via liposuction)

The last link/dress could be worn by somebody with belly fat but she needs to have pretty legs.

All 3 links are very unrealistic and please, unproportioned women: don't wear that!

The OP says that the friend's wife has no pretty face and body fat - I wouldnt suggest any of the 3 dresses you have posted. They are reserved for pretty women. THe first 2 women are not even fat.

I always wonder what overweight people are thinking when they wear clothes that show off each individual roll and you can see the bra cutting into their back fat. I vote for overweight people wearing LOSE fit clothes so you don't see exactly every extra pound.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:52 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
The first two links show super pretty women with no belly fat (probably sucked off via liposuction)

The last link/dress could be worn by somebody with belly fat but she needs to have pretty legs.

All 3 links are very unrealistic and please, unproportioned women: don't wear that!

The OP says that the friend's wife has no pretty face and body fat - I wouldnt suggest any of the 3 dresses you have posted. They are reserved for pretty women. THe first 2 women are not even fat.

I always wonder what overweight people are thinking when they wear clothes that show off each individual roll and you can see the bra cutting into their back fat. I vote for overweight people wearing LOSE fit clothes so you don't see exactly every extra pound.
Not exactly. The first two women are likely wearing shapewear (not a problem), but those cuts are pretty flattering, for what I am assuming is a relatively hourglass shaped woman in the OP. Those are shapes that work well for busty women.

The 3rd dress would work on a range of body types. I am sure I have something similar in my closet. But everyone, no matter what their size should wear the proper sized clothing (i.e. not too small or too big) and wear proper undergarments for the outfit.

As for clothing being reserved for "pretty" people? That is really stupid. A. There is no universal definition of pretty. B. It is completely irrelevant to getting dressed in the AM.

As for the OP: she should make friends with fit and flare dresses as well as pencil skirt/blouse/sweater combo. Looks classy, and would work well with her body type (or perceived one).

Of course, it really makes no sense that there is irrational dislike of this woman, as evidenced by the thread.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:37 AM

20,757 posts, read 19,951,234 times
yes, i think some clothes are reserved for pretty people. Pretty people can wear everything they want, they can even get away with non-flattering clothes. Like only slim people should wear super tight jeans - on not so slim people, they look pretty bad. Not so naturally blessed people should be a bit more cautious on how they present themselves.

If Nigella Lawson wears an ugly bikini, people would say, pretty lady, but WTF is she wearing? If a not so pretty woman would wear the same bikini, people would call the complete picture horrendous.

Shapewear might make some bodies look perfect but it has its limits.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:02 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,436,414 times
I often see women in tight sweaters that hug the roll of fat above their waist and I wonder if they think the roll resembles a loose part of the sweater, although, there are no loose parts. I would never wear such a sweater if I had a roll of fat above my waist. On TV this morning, a woman wore a tight knit dress which defined every part of her chubby figure. Hard to believe she thinks she looks good.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:16 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,383,133 times
Yes, such a woman can look elegant. However, she would need to change the fit of her clothes. There are a lot of "fit" options between super tight and loose and baggy - neither of which flatter the figure of a plus sized women.

the women on this site look elegant and fashionable:
With Plus Size Options Comes Better Segmentation- An Explanation

Old 08-22-2013, 07:00 PM

5,132 posts, read 4,481,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
bubbly buts

bubbly women
lol

Old 08-23-2013, 04:50 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Ladys with expansive girth no have right dressing in extreme tight clothing. This ladie justify her by dressing in type of clothing by normal size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty