Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 11:33 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

I don't have any ear piercing right now, but I am thinking about having multiples piercings on my ear. (One ear only)

I have couple of questions.

a. In the future, in case I change my mind, do all these holes close up? (I am thinking about getting 7 on my left ear only)

b. For a very athletic girl like myself, would I get infections easily because of these piercings? (I do sweat a lot when I play sports)

Here is the picture, this is the look I like

Awesome Multiple Ear Piercings For Girls
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 11:47 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Are you sure you need multiple holes for that specific piece? It might be just one hole ...

Old 08-30-2013, 11:53 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,259,799 times
I consider holes in one's skin as something to be avoided, and certainly not to be put there intentionally, particularly for the purpose of mounting ornamental baubles or injecting permanent ink into the skin.

However, if one insists upon wearing pierced-style jewelry, certainly the earlobe is the place for it. One hole - fine; two holes - OK; multiple holes running up into the outer ear cartilage - too much.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:13 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
That's okay for dressy events but what about going to the grocery? Doing stuff outdoors? You'd look skanky all blinged up like that.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Are you sure you need multiple holes for that specific piece? It might be just one hole ...

You are right

Let me find a better picture

Earring Trends for 2013 - 8 Hot Tips

This is the best picture I can find.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
I consider holes in one's skin as something to be avoided, and certainly not to be put there intentionally, particularly for the purpose of mounting ornamental baubles or injecting permanent ink into the skin.

However, if one insists upon wearing pierced-style jewelry, certainly the earlobe is the place for it. One hole - fine; two holes - OK; multiple holes running up into the outer ear cartilage - too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
That's okay for dressy events but what about going to the grocery? Doing stuff outdoors? You'd look skanky all blinged up like that.
yeah, that is what I am worrying about.

Most likely, I would perhaps regret it in the future.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:39 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't have any ear piercing right now, but I am thinking about having multiples piercings on my ear. (One ear only)

I have couple of questions.

a. In the future, in case I change my mind, do all these holes close up? (I am thinking about getting 7 on my left ear only)

b. For a very athletic girl like myself, would I get infections easily because of these piercings? (I do sweat a lot when I play sports)

Here is the picture, this is the look I like

Awesome Multiple Ear Piercings For Girls

a. Sometimes they do; sometimes not. Also the higher up you go on the ear, the more painful it gets. Another fact is that your ears have meridians on them that relate to other parts of your body. Each hole you put in the lobe will affect your body elsewhere. This can be found in Chinese meridian books...I believe its called aural meridians. Do your research first before you go this route.

b. Sweating wil drag all of the bacteria from you hair and neck right into those peircings. They must be kept clean and anitbiotic on them for some time while spinning the earring to prevent your flesh from closing around metal stem

c. That is not multiple piercing in the reference you gave, that is one piercing with a wrap around piece that LOOKS like multiple piercing.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:39 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
Multiple piercings are a lot like tattoos. They define people of a certain class.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
a. Sometimes they do; sometimes not. Also the higher up you go on the ear, the more painful it gets. Another fact is that your ears have meridians on them that relate to other parts of your body. Each hole you put in the lobe will affect your body elsewhere. This can be found in Chinese meridian books...I believe its called aural meridians. Do your research first before you go this route.

b. Sweating wil drag all of the bacteria from you hair and neck right into those peircings. They must be kept clean and anitbiotic on them for some time while spinning the earring to prevent your flesh from closing around metal stem

c. That is not multiple piercing in the reference you gave, that is one piercing with a wrap around piece that LOOKS like multiple piercing.
Thanks.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:56 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Thanks.
There are ear clips or clamps that wrap around your ear lobe making it seem like you have pierced but you haven't. You just slip it on your ear lobe and slip it off when you don't want them. Much more fun, versatile and easy to trick your friends with ... you can go from ghetto to gorgeous to exotic with them depending on your choice of clamps,lol.

I just looked they are called earring cuffs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty