Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 08:06 PM

4,171 posts, read 4,409,985 times

Advertisements

Never do so if you're her boyfriend or SO - however, I surmise they'd take that advice from a homosexual fashionista man.

Of course, if you are 'the Devil' you could try saying it this way:

From Devil's Advocate, Al Pacino (Devil) to Charlize Theron
"You've gotta cut your hair"
Eliciting a winsome smile from Theron
"A woman's shoulders are the front lines of her mystique. And her neck, if she's alive, has all the mystery of a border town; a no man's land in that battle between mind and body. Ya know, your natural color would really bring out your eyes."

Or say it in Italian? See 1:20 to end

Al Pacino e i capelli di Theron (da "l'avvocato del diavolo" ) - YouTube
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 09:52 PM

96 posts, read 148,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
How do you tell someone you are dating she might want to try a stylish hair cut and some make-up ?
Now, I'm no fashion expert by any stretch, but a woman I dated was a tall" Amazon" type that never liked to cut her hair or wear hardly any make up.
I never suggested anything but, sure thought about it....
Has anyone ever done it with any success. ?
Pretty simple...one look turns us into a horn-dog while the other drives us away. I've never dug women who cut their hair too short or never wear make up.

Only way they can get away without make up is if they are very very tanned and stay that way. Otherwise it looks like they took a shortcut and don't care. Clothes don't matter as much as long as they hug her curves and make her look sexy. Very very baggy clothes are a bummer on a gal with a heartbreaker and life taker arse. Same with a gal with a million dollar rack that always hides them. Not flattering really.....

I know a 50 year old woman who went from looking like a poodle with her tight 80's style perm and haircut to a bombshell overnight just by growing it out straight and styling it long. Men were falling over themselves checking her out wherever she went. Even young 18-20 boys......

What a difference.......

Old 09-03-2013, 09:55 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,801,675 times
I have always felt the world would be a nicer place if people did not comment on the way others look. Everyone should focus on themselves. It is one thing if someone asks for your opinion and even with that one should respond carefully. When not asked I don't understand what makes others feel the need to give an opinion.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:56 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,183,030 times
I know how to do it and have
that is why I am still single

Old 09-03-2013, 10:03 PM

96 posts, read 148,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
I have always felt the world would be a nicer place if people did not comment on the way others look. Everyone should focus on themselves. It is one thing if someone asks for your opinion and even with that one should respond carefully. When not asked I don't understand what makes others feel the need to give an opinion.
You don't have to. When you start seeing men screeching their tires and jumping curbs in a parking lot and ALL EYES FORWARD on you "damn baby" (whispers under our breath)....you know you made it.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:00 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,327,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
As for dressing, on our second date the guy I'm seeing showed up in green cargo shorts, white athletic socks pulled up to his mid calf and blue high top converse. It looked absolutely ridiculous But you know what, that's what he feels comfortable in and that's what I get to deal with now.
Ahaha, Jet. But, think of how much fun he'll be on dress-up holidays & costume parties.

I once had a bf who had shorter legs. He always wore loose fitting beige khakis (which I don't find particularly appealing) & instead of tailoring the length, let them drag on the ground (doubly unappealing). The sound of the swish of the material dragging on the ground made me wonder how it couldn't bother him. Still, he was happy. Like you, I let it go & just secretly wished he'd find other attire. In 4-yrs, he didn't. But, I'm now glad he didn't wear blue sneakers & white tube socks, too. (Yes, I'm teasing you!)

Old 09-05-2013, 01:21 AM

806 posts, read 2,335,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
How do you tell someone you are dating she might want to try a stylish hair cut and some make-up ?
Now, I'm no fashion expert by any stretch, but a woman I dated was a tall" Amazon" type that never liked to cut her hair or wear hardly any make up.
I never suggested anything but, sure thought about it....
Has anyone ever done it with any success. ?
One option is to offer to get her a spa day on one of the many occasions throughout the year. See if she would be interested in that. If she says yes, then find a place that does facials and makeup.
Get her a package deal so it would be the spa who would suggest things for her, not you!!

Old 09-05-2013, 05:09 PM

58 posts, read 146,054 times
OP....I don't think you can say that to another woman unless it's your mom or sister and even then, I don't know how it would go over. With that said, if someone has a suggestion for me and it was worded ok, I'd be all ears to hear what they think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty