Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 08:34 AM

634 posts, read 897,141 times

Advertisements

Most of the dudes I know with long hair would just as soon as kill ya as look at ya: think biker types.

TBH, a lot of the gay guys I've known over the years had the short military "do"....to butch it up? I don't know, but it seems like it's opposite of the OP's thinking. Maybe it's just trend reflecting general society and whatever is hot within their own community or perhaps neither since all it takes these days is for some hot young actor to wear "whatever" on the cover of Details and suddenly everybody is doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 07:40 PM

52,235 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethe View Post
Most of the dudes I know with long hair would just as soon as kill ya as look at ya: think biker types.

TBH, a lot of the gay guys I've known over the years had the short military "do"....to butch it up? I don't know, but it seems like it's opposite of the OP's thinking. Maybe it's just trend reflecting general society and whatever is hot within their own community or perhaps neither since all it takes these days is for some hot young actor to wear "whatever" on the cover of Details and suddenly everybody is doing it.
I'm a long haired guy.... and I most certainly am not a biker guy......... I don't even kill bugs, let alone people.....

I think for the most part, long hair is dated and like others have said a lot of gays are pretty fashion conscious, not all of course... I don't want to pigeon hole gays here, as I'm sure that there are plenty of slobby gay dudes... LOL.....

Old 09-21-2013, 07:45 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,795,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm a long haired guy.... and I most certainly am not a biker guy......... I don't even kill bugs, let alone people.....

I think for the most part, long hair is dated and like others have said a lot of gays are pretty fashion conscious, not all of course... I don't want to pigeon hole gays here, as I'm sure that there are plenty of slobby gay dudes... LOL.....
That's a good point, most long haired dudes aren't really the most fashion conscious, more grungy muso types or old hippies.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:47 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,795,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdflk View Post
The question is sort of moot.... because the percentage of men overall who have long hair is small.

So unless there's a disparity between the percentages of men with long and -- and GAY men with long hair.....there's nothing to notice.
Maybe the % of men with long hair these days is too small to get a representative sample, but subjectively it just seems the rate of being gay and having long hair is lower, but I can't prove that with stats, it's just a hunch.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:56 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,793,423 times
This is a complete guess on my part, but maybe perhaps it is harder for them to attract other (hot) guys if they have long hair, since having long hair could cause at least some of them to look much more like women, which many gay guys probably don't like.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:27 PM

52,235 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
That's a good point, most long haired dudes aren't really the most fashion conscious, more grungy muso types or old hippies.
LOL... I'm not sure if I'm a muso type or an old hippie... does middle aged count???

Old 09-23-2013, 09:49 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
This is a complete guess on my part, but maybe perhaps it is harder for them to attract other (hot) guys if they have long hair, since having long hair could cause at least some of them to look much more like women, which many gay guys probably don't like.
I'm gay, with short hair. I just don't think long hair would look good on me. I see dudes with long hair who look good (sort of more hippy types in their 20s and 30s), but I think you have to have a certain head/face shape for long hair to look good.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:16 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Ive lost my hair so the shaved head works really good for me.
is that a good enough answer?

actually in the 80's i had long hair, but that was the style then, big hair.

i like it better shaved. less maintenance, and since i am middle age, hair is just not even on the list anymore.

BTW: hair length doesn't mean gay or straight.
Same here...although I have not started to lose my hair yet...I just decided I like to shave my head every 4 weeks or so just because it's so damn easy! I grew up in the late 80's early 90's and I use to have a mullet in jr high with everyone else, then came the early 90's when men use to keep it short in back long on top and tapered. Then the mid 90's George Clooney Ceaser look I have kept it short since then. Now I just don't give a damn and just shave it every month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty