Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 01:54 PM

41,940 posts, read 36,716,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
There is truth to this causing sweating, because someone is wearing an extra layer of clothing, which holds in more body heat, causing the person to be warmer than they would without it.

Good heavens. A cotton undershirt wicks away the perspiration so you feel cooler and prevents your shirt from being soaked from sweat. This isn't rocket science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 03:27 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,643,035 times
I wear crew neck tees under everything even other crew neck tees.

I do not like v necks or A-shirts/tanks/wife beaters but I do wear the latter under dress shirts.

I hope the crew neck under the crew neck bit keeps you up at night. You can't stop me.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:32 PM

5,318 posts, read 8,487,881 times
How do tank-style undershirts prevent perspiration under the arm pits from getting on a shirt? Aren't the armpits uncovered in those?

Old 09-18-2013, 03:35 PM

18,082 posts, read 18,681,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
How do tank-style undershirts prevent perspiration under the arm pits from getting on a shirt? Aren't the armpits uncovered in those?
Many guys wear this to make their traps look bigger.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:46 PM

274 posts, read 702,076 times
I have been wearing undershirts all in my life. I always wear one, even under a T-shirt. That's the norm in the culture I came from, but throughout living in this county close to 20 years, no one has told me anything against that. Maybe it means that the fashion police only exists in the cyberspace...

Not very often but sometimes if I had to go undershirt-less, I feel.... something's missing. Maybe that would be very similar to women going out without ..... the undergarment holding the bosoms?

Old 09-18-2013, 03:49 PM

2,813 posts, read 5,599,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Good heavens. A cotton undershirt wicks away the perspiration so you feel cooler and prevents your shirt from being soaked from sweat. This isn't rocket science.
You are right, this is not rocket science. When you wear two layers instead of one you feel warmer, it is that simple! Sweat comes into the picture when getting too warm, something that may not happen if shedding the undershirt and wearing just one layer.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-18-2013, 03:54 PM

5,318 posts, read 8,487,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Many guys wear this to make their traps look bigger.
But how could a thin layer of fabric do that? I mean, do they really believe that works?

Old 09-18-2013, 04:00 PM

18,082 posts, read 18,681,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
But how could a thin layer of fabric do that? I mean, do they really believe that works?
I have no idea; it does push up the fabric of the over shirt, works best when the over shirt is a thicker and harder material.

I do not know if it is cultural thing, regional, generational or what; only found this out by accident so I guess I was out of the loop as everyone else acted like it was common knowledge.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:06 PM

3,011 posts, read 6,280,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
Who the hell are you? The fashion police?

Men sweat. Undershirts are cheap and absorb sweat. Dress shirts and polo shirts are expensive. Dress shirts and polo shirts that don't get stained by sweat last longer.

Get over it.
Thank you! half the time I don't even realize the damn thing is on, lol

Old 09-18-2013, 04:06 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,360,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
While that may be the case, I'll take my fashion advice from the likes of Harry Rosen and not some anonymous poster on the interwebz.
Actually you should take it from me. I have the right amount snobbery combined with a dash of
@ss H_le ishness to not only look and act like your CEO I most likely am.

If you just copy how Brian Ferry who headed Roxy Music looks you would have achieved greatness and style beyond this dimension.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty