Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 12:02 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,138,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Good list!

For a gentleman (such as myself) I will be a little more specific:
  • A crew neck natural fiber (such as wool) sweater
  • Khaki trousers
  • Long sleeve button down collar Oxford shirt
  • at least one plaid flannel shirt
  • wool single breasted tweed, houndstooth, and/or herringbone jacket (leather elbow patches optional)
  • a "flat" cap such as a "driver's cap" or "newsboy's cap"
  • medium weight business suit
  • wool overcoat black, gray, or camel color
  • casual slip on loafers such as Bass Weejuns
Ah, a gent who dresses well.... You might like high quality, 2-ply cashmere sweaters, too, along with a Filson shirt or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 10:10 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,172,508 times
Here is a brand new round neck sweater I got this fall. Do you think it looks perfect for a cool cloudy day.

Essential clothing items for Fall-snapshot_20131009.jpg

Sorry for the bad image quality . My computer camera is very poor.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:48 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,589,303 times
Scarves
Vesty things (sweatery sort)
Boots of every sort
Knit tights in various textures
Above the knee slim skirts in wool - solids, herringbones, plaids
Scarves
Berets (I have several and LOVE wearing them!)
Hoodies
Shawls (I have several ethnic shawl thingies from around the world) secured with a vintage brooch
Jeans (instead of my Spring and Summer capris and shorts)
Scarves
Light jackets - mock military (I have several - love the muted colors of olive green, steely blue, and rich brown)
Clogs (I have about a million pairs of Born clogs, from super casual and flat to 3" stacked heels)
Light weight turtlenecks (here in Texas you can get pretty hot if you start layering things, so I stick with very light weight items if I want a layered look)
Scarves

Did I mention scarves?

Old 10-09-2013, 11:01 AM

9,479 posts, read 12,258,303 times
My zip up hoodie! (wearing it now!)

Old 10-09-2013, 11:05 AM

5,328 posts, read 8,517,594 times
time to get out the

tights
boots
sweaters
scarves
down parkas

Old 10-09-2013, 11:46 AM

9,479 posts, read 12,258,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
time to get out the

tights
boots
sweaters
scarves
down parkas
I love boots, but I love my sandals and open toed shoes more. I hold out till I can't stand the cold or it snows before switching over. Especially when it is 78 like is forecast for today.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:55 AM

The high is 61 F here, so I decided to wear a sweater. Once it breaks the upper 60's. Its t shirt weather.

Today is the first day I am wearing long sleeves since May.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:06 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,019,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I love boots, but I love my sandals and open toed shoes more. I hold out till I can't stand the cold or it snows before switching over. Especially when it is 78 like is forecast for today.
I have such a hard time finding boots that aren't too big around my calves - they just always feel so clunky on me. I have a few pair of short leather boots (a couple of inches past the ankle) - I guess they call those booties now.

I adore sandals too and really it is so much better for your feet to be in sandals than in a closed environment - but at some point the sandals get tucked away and out come the booties, loafers, tennies and rain boots.

I guess in the winter I am a slave to fashion because I love flats - they are so comfy - leopard, tangerine, brown, black, camel & black, black and brown, navy, dark red - I think they are so cute with skirts and pants...but not practical for the winter - so I have Mr. Catt (DH) drop me at the door of wherever we are going to - then I proceed with my winter time dash to get inside before my tootsies freeze

I do have pumps also and I wear them with short skirts but none of them are usually all that comfy.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I love boots, but I love my sandals and open toed shoes more.
Open toes are comfortable, till you get cold feet. Cold feet feel really uncomfortable for me. Hence, I avoid open toes from October-April

Open toes are a must for me in the summer. I wear my pair of Chapals ( open toed shoes for guys in India ) all summer long. Don't care about what others think .

Old 10-09-2013, 07:07 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,491,742 times
It's warm all year in my location (AZ) so my "autumn" wardrobe is...

sundresses
sandals
shorts
tank tops
maxi skirts/dresses
jeans

But when I go to SoCal....

riding boots
sweater coats
jeans
maxi skirts/dresses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty