Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2013, 11:13 AM

752 posts, read 1,159,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
not a fan
Interesting. It is exactly body what I consider hot plus if she would be pale skin.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:28 AM

8,737 posts, read 9,416,871 times
When I was a young girl into my twenties, I didn't much care for my backside, but, later in life, it became one of my pride and joys, especially when I started losing it. Much of my previous discontent was due to garnering so much attention and pinches in early life. But as I've matured in life, I learned to value me as a whole. I never felt of less valued, less classy, nor treated as such because my well extra padding. But you will find some less than upstanding individuals will try to make contact with said assests whether it be pinching your bottom or brushing up against any of yout bodily parts in offensives ways when they can steal the chance.

It's sad to say the least, because, I know I myself have done some stupid things due to poor body image as a youngster. I was looking back at a pick of myself in my 20s and could not believe how fat I thought I was then, not just a little fat, but really fat. And so the dieting got worse. I'm twice the size now with less of the self hate. I'll post a pic of the younger me to my profile. Don't laugh at the hair.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:32 PM

706 posts, read 1,174,016 times
I can't agree with black women with big butts being automatically perceived as "less classy". As a black woman with a sizeable, but shapely backside that hasn't been my experience at all.

I did grow up being very aware that black men in particular liked big round booties. As a personal trainer, whenever I start working with a black female client, the first concern she always expresses, without fail, is her fear of losing her butt.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:26 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,704,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Because there is nothing like feeling and seeing that beautiful well-shaped big backside, quivering with intense orgasmic release as the woman moans with pleasure, while in her naked glory.

Some of the best sexual experiences I have ever had, have been with women with "junk in the trunk."
If that's so the junk in the trunk women were overcompensating. They probably don't feel all that great about their over-endowment in the backside area. So they have to "show out" in bed to make up for those feelings.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:51 PM

45 posts, read 94,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I was watching the Bethany Frankel show or whatever her name is and they had a makeover theme. They had this woman who was pretty and had disproportionately large buttocks. I thought "whoa hot" but she mentioned it as her "worst feature" and the host agreed. Her "makeover" had her wearing a loose flowing shirt that hid her derriere. That made absolutely no sense, that would be like a man trying to convince women he has a really small package.

Even in general, I've heard of women not buying a dress, pants, outfit etc because it made their butt look big. Why is this? I understand for work a woman may prefer to not have her assets emphasized to be taken seriously but why is this true for so many other situations? Do women believe men like women to have small butts?
You used the term DISPROPORTIONATELY LARGE so that means that it doesn't fit in with the whole package. It's like having huge 44DD knockers versus C cup. The grotesquely large boobs might appeal to certain men who seem to like freakish erotic features but that would not be every man. Clothes don't hang nicely when you have ginormous tatas or arse.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
I can't agree with black women with big butts being automatically perceived as "less classy". As a black woman with a sizeable, but shapely backside that hasn't been my experience at all.

I did grow up being very aware that black men in particular liked big round booties. As a personal trainer, whenever I start working with a black female client, the first concern she always expresses, without fail, is her fear of losing her butt.
That's a cultural thing, though. It doesn't show her class or IQ, you know?

I think there is something to the idea that having a big BEE-hind (what I call the bubble butts on steroids) is less classy. For one thing, in general being overweight tends to place you in a lower socio-economic group automatically. And for women who flaunt their bodies shamelessly when they have stretch marks, muffin top spilling over a too-small tee shirt is just trashy. I saw a sister the other day with a tiny tee and her stretch marks were on display as if she was proud of them. I am not suggesting she had to be ashamed of what she looked like, but having a bit of decorum of where she was would have helped.

I see some Black women whose caboose could get its own zip code and that is not sexy. If your butt moves separately from other parts of your body, you need to do some squats!

Old 09-25-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
not a fan
As a woman, having an arse like that would attract the guys who are just into sex. What is the first thing you think of when you see that kind of butt? Sex. You don't think she's intelligent, nice, whatever. Just sex and especially thru the BACK DOOR

Old 09-25-2013, 06:16 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,377,066 times
I liked looking at the Hottentots in "National Geographic" and imagining what it would be like to set a glass on my standing up butt. What would the men think of that?

Old 09-25-2013, 06:21 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,300,119 times
I certainly don't want a big butt, nor do I want a small butt. A flat butt isn't the best because when you sit on his lap, it's very boney.

Something like Scarlett Johannson

I think that my body is similar to Mariska Hargitay's (Detective Benson from Law & Order: SVU).

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 06:04 AM..

Old 09-25-2013, 06:24 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,761,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Women hide their butts so that people won't make jokes about their big butts behind their backs. Pretty simple. A lot of guys don't like big butts on women. Some do. It's probably somewhat of a socio-economic thing, as far as who likes that and who doesn't. A trim figure all around is the ideal for upper class/middle-upper class women. That's why minimizer bras were invented.
It has a lot less to do with socio economic status (very little, if you ask me), than race/culture.

If you understand who and what the standard of beauty is in America (eg it definitely isnt me, a black woman), then you'll see why there seems to be this general concensus that having a large backside is unattractive. This pervasive attitude is nothing new.

Amongst black and hispanic/latino cultures, having a flat bottom is, generally, considered unattractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.