Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 12:32 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
I wouldn't be with a man who wouldn't accept me as I am. I don't wear makeup and he loves it.
I wouldn't be with someone who wouldn't accept me as I am either. I wear makeup and I love it; it's fun and a creative expression.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 04:37 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Makeup IS fun and allows creativity. Is it a necessity? God, I'd hope not.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:09 PM

52 posts, read 120,565 times
I love make up!! Skin, hair, make up and nails ... They are all passions of mine, I love them.

I do believe though that make up is supposed to enhance your natural features, not make new ones.
I really don't wear that much make up when I go out, I don't need it. I don't think anyone does.
I think that make up can be very fun but I don't think that you should ever rely on it to look good.

I went to school with a girl like that, who wore like tons of make up on her face.
It was so much that her face and neck and chest were three totally different colors.
Not attractive in the least, it makes you look like you're trying to hide something.

I think girls should learn to be more confident and show off their natural beauty.
Just use make up as an enhancement to what you were already blessed with.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:38 PM

191 posts, read 560,137 times
All is wear is sunscreen and then bare minerals. Not daily. Just when I am going out for a speical time. Enough to cover my redness on face/nose and also brown spots. Other makeup bothers my skin. I have great green eyes and long lashes. Wear what ever makes you feel good.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:37 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,160 times
I look good either with or without makeup.

But I've seen women, like Pamela Anderson, just look like hell without makeup. No wonder her makeup is so dramatic and "caked" on. YUCK!! That's too much makeup for me...

I'm very simple with mine. I just dab on a tiny bit of foundation, neutral color eyeshadow, mascara, and lipstick. Not much on eyeliner or much on blush either (since I have a rosy type cheeks from jogging a lot!).

Old 09-01-2009, 08:23 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,922,122 times
I had a friend in high school who looked unrecognizable without her make-up on--like a ghost. So I guess she needed some or some color on her face. I was also friends with an older lady who, although very hot for her age, does not feel complete without some kind of make-up on before she steps out of the door.

I rarely wear 'em. I have stuff sitting on my desk that's about to expire and I've barely used 1/2 of 'em. What I notice it does, for me, is the foundation evens out my complexion. Other than that, I don't look drastically different with 'em on. I guess it enhances my features, like other posters have said.

On night outs (very far and few in between), I put on a little. Basically foundation, concealer and lip balm. But on everyday activities...make-up? Never.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:33 AM

52 posts, read 120,565 times
On normal days... I'll wear some BareMinerals, a little bronzer, light blush, mascara and lip balm.
If I'm going out somewhere nice or at night or anything, I might wear some eyeliner.
I think in particular though girls tend to get carried away with the eyeliner?
I just like enough to show off my eye shape, I don't want to look like a racoon.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:36 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times
I find as I get older, I wear less and less. Either it is finally accepting myself and liking how I look, the town I live in, or lazyness

Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
I recently started wearing glasses (my bad vision finally caught up with me) and I've used that as an excuse not to wear eye makeup anymore I have rather long eyelashes and if I wear mascara, little bits of mascara get flicked onto the glasses and I have to clean them every 15 minutes.

So... now it's a bit of foundation and powder along with defining my eyebrows (they're tattooed lightly on, so they require a bit of definition) with some lipbalm and I'm good to go

Old 05-02-2010, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,284 times

Does a Woman Need To Fix Up To Look Good?
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
Does a good looking woman need to fix up to be pretty?
No she does not. A truly good looking woman looks good no matter how she is dressed.
Even with out make up and wearing a hat she still looks good. Its in how she walks, in how she talks, in her attitude and in how she carries herself. It’s what I call hidden beauty.

I've been around a long time. I can pick out the beauty and qualities of a woman’s looks even when she's wearing greasy sweat pants and a baggy sweat shirt 3 sizes too big. I can see her beauty through all of this camouflage. I can even spot it through Halloween makeup.

I can tell if she’s good looking on a no makeup day and with over size glasses on. Even if a woman is trying to look bad or unattractive I can see her qualities even on a bad hair day.

A good looking woman doesn’t need to hide behind makeup, provocative revealing clothes, fancy nails and designer shoes. She doesn’t need to drive a fancy car or do any of the things the world says a woman needs to do to be pretty.

Am I knocking makeup, sexy clothes, nail polish, fancy cars and fluffy hair? No, not on your life.
All these things make an already pretty woman look even better one that turns heads.
But the fact is I can see a woman in her yard work clothes and hair curlers with her glasses on and a dirty face. I see through all that garb and see all her good points and tell if she’s attractive or not.

How am I able to do this? I don’t know I guess it’s because I’ve been divorced for 12 years and I work in the public. I see so many women when I work that I’ve learned to spot the qualities no matter how well they are hidden.

So ladies these times when you don’t feel like fixing up, those times when you are just running to the store for milk and bread and feel that you look ratty and hope that you don’t see anyone you know, there are a still some unsuperficial people left in this world today that still find you attractive no matter how you’re dressed. Wee can see this and we appreciate it even though we never let you know.

Next time you see a woman dressed down and not fixed up, look closely and you will see that a pretty woman is pretty no matter how she is dressed.

The bottom line is, that a pretty woman looks good no matter how bad she looks.
[URL="http://www.thesexdrivesolutionsblog.com/"]http://www.thesexdrivesolutionsblog.com[/URL]
4-25-2010 Sunday 4:49 pm Timothy Edward Wilhelm
Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty