Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2010, 07:53 PM

37,035 posts, read 41,961,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersgrl1969 View Post
I put on a full face every day. If I have to go somewhere and I haven't yet put on my eye makeup, I wear sunglasses. I feel naked and undone without it. I have been putting on a full face of makeup since I was 15 and I never plan on going totally natural. I feel better about myself when I'm wearing it.
I think everyone looks better with makeup on. Check out pics of celebs bare-faced and you'll see what I mean.
No, we have just been conditioned (trained) to THINK that makeup makes everyone look better. It's actually quite phony looking on many people. But then we have people who actually ask for "the fake boob look" and the "butt implant" look too. People seriously want to look FAKE, pay big bucks, and cut into their bodies to put fake stuff in it. It's kind of creepy when you think about it. We are so easily led.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 08:33 PM

25,915 posts, read 24,567,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
No, we have just been conditioned (trained) to THINK that makeup makes everyone look better. It's actually quite phony looking on many people. But then we have people who actually ask for "the fake boob look" and the "butt implant" look too. People seriously want to look FAKE, pay big bucks, and cut into their bodies to put fake stuff in it. It's kind of creepy when you think about it. We are so easily led.
It is indeed a kind of conditioning, which shows in the fact that in some countries / cultures make-up is very common, in others not so (despite being available).

What I find most disgusting is old women wearing make-up

Old 05-08-2010, 08:40 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,791,830 times
Quote:
I am attracted to women with the fake look. I don't think I was conditioned, it just looks better. The natural look is kind of scary to me. I don't feel inital attraction to women who don't wear makeup.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:55 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,628,186 times
Makeup does make me look better. I have uneven skin coloring with splotches of odd pigmentation, scars from an old enzyme peel that look like a mini constellation of zits (but they're not, and they'll never go away), a deviated septum, sagging jowl, drooping upper lids, sparse eyelashes, and no eyebrows at all.

No mascara for me - not enough lashes and it'd just look stupid. Which also means I can't get TOO creative with eyeliner either. A thin line, AT the lash line..from inner corner to outer corner, in a dark brown or grey (sometimes blue just for fun)...and it has to be smudge free or it gets in my eyes and stings. MUST have eyebrow pencil - my face isn't interesting enough for me to pull a Whoopie. Only Whoopie can do Whoopie and look gorgeous doing it.

MUST use some kind of foundation - not everywhere, but where the pigment is funky to blend it all together so it doesn't look like I'm suffering from Agent Orange or radiation poisoning.

A gentle brush of bronzer over my cheekbones since the foundation obscures any natural rosiness I have.

Anything else, from eye shadow to lip stick, I only add when I'm in the mood to get dramatic. But all the above, is the minimum I have to use, just to prevent people from staring and wondering what kind of freak I am. I'd give a molar to have normal skin, eyebrows, and eyelashes. People who feel they have to put 2-inch-thick layer of spackle on their faces, when there's nothing -wrong- with their skin, should be grateful they're not in my shoes, and show off their natural beauty while they still have it.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:47 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,483,458 times
Quote:

I don't know...look at a picture of Tyra Banks made up and one bare-faced and tell me which one looks better. (made-up, definitely.)

Old 06-04-2010, 10:17 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,628,186 times
Better for a photo shoot? Definitely made up. Would she look as lovely, with the same 4 inches of makeup, if there wasn't a lighting crew and a professional photographer, and she was just sitting in your back yard with all that stuff? No. She'd look like a clown, and she'd look totally, utterly, and completely out of place.

On the other hand, Tyra is probably the type of woman who knows when to glom (not glam) it up, and when to tone it down. I'd have to guess that if she was going to visit a friend to hang out in their yard, or go grocery shopping (hey it could happen), she'd probably just use a bit of foundation, mascara and/or liner, a brush of bronzer, and some lipstick. And she'd probably look very lovely.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:26 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,502,481 times
My preference has been for women that didn't even wear makeup. Why go through all that trouble?

Old 06-06-2010, 12:14 AM

13,290 posts, read 15,227,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
My preference has been for women that didn't even wear makeup. Why go through all that trouble?

I agree. I REALLY wish this ridiculous tradition would go away.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:28 AM

37,035 posts, read 41,961,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I am attracted to women with the fake look. I don't think I was conditioned, it just looks better. The natural look is kind of scary to me. I don't feel inital attraction to women who don't wear makeup.
Hmm...I worry you will be unhappy a lot in over your lifetime.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:25 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,860,346 times
I hardly wear any makeup these days. Just my waterproof mascara, eyebrow pencil, and lipstick (and I'm a happy girl).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty