Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 07:34 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Hell no!!
hehehe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Amazing pictures..really coooool...thanks for posting them...Google Image Result for http://cdn.stylefrizz.com/img/uncomfortable-bizarre-shoes.jpg...........

Old 10-07-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Go natural..
LOl MY

These shoes look amazing!!!

Old 10-08-2013, 12:51 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
Go natural..
I'd buy those.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:25 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,223,846 times
Quote:
Go natural..
Holy cannoli! Those are hideous.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:06 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
OK, no pictures but I do have a funny, ugly shoe story.

I love Born shoes. I know - they're not gorgeous, but DAMN, they are so freaking comfortable and well made, and they last forever. The longer you wear them, the more comfortable they get and the better the leather looks. I especially love the clogs.

Anyway, they're so comfortable that they're my favorite shoes to shop in. So...my husband and I went shopping at the Galleria in Dallas and I wore my trusty Borns - I had no intention of buying any shoes. BUT...we fell into the grips of the consummate salesman in the shoe department at Nordstrom. This guy was really, really good.

I had on some black skinny jeans, and these big ol' chunky Borns - like I said, I was out for comfort, not style. I bought a couple of pairs of shoes (he had already breached the defensive walls!), and this guy was cracking me and my husband up - he was so hilarious! He said, "Hold on a minute, before you leave - let me show you one more thing." Then he reached into one more box and pulled out some 3" platform bling bling black and gold sandal type shoes - casual but funky and something I would NEVER buy, since I just don't do bling on either shoes or purses.

He said, "Honey, take those ugly shoes off and put these on - you're in Dallas!" I protested and said, "But I love my Borns - they're so COMFORTABLE!" and he grabbed his heart and said, "Around here, we call that the C word and we DON'T SAY IT. Shhh...stop. Don't say that word again. Try these on and put those ugly shoes away in this box right this MINUTE!"

I don't to this day know how he managed not to offend me - and in the process also sell me another pair of shoes, but I walked out of that store that day wearing those damn bling bling platforms...and believe it or not, they are very comfortable and I wear them often to this day! Especially shopping! And everytime I wear them, I hear the theme song to "Dallas" playing in the back of my head. In fact, I'll come out of the bedroom dressed and wearing those shoes, and when my husband sees me, we often both start singing that stupid song!

Funny how things stick in your head.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:33 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
And the link says its Out of Stock. Someone bought those shoes?! I want to believe there was just a horrific shoe warehouse fire and all the shoes were burned. No way did someone actually pay money for those.
I'd totally wear those...of course, this is coming from someone who thought cut off shorts and a pair of snakeskin loafers with leather tassles was a good look.

I like weird stuff, weirder and uglier the better...interestingly, my brother and sister are the same way I wouldn't be surprised if we were on a few of those 'what are they wearing?!' lists going around.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:32 AM

:shoc ked:

Old 10-11-2013, 09:02 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
The rat shoes...you win...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty