Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 10:59 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 11:14 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,685,511 times
^

This is why i dont carry a firearm. Far too many temptations to use it.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:29 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdflk View Post
Not you necessarily KofA, but I've always marveled that women would let men use THEM to carry the husband's/boyfriend's stuff.

On one hand the woman usually has a purse anyway. So I DO get that she can carry one little thing more for the hubby. But sometimes it's ridiculous. The man doesn't want to carry a lot of stuff himself. But when he wants something he sure asks the wife for a pen, or paper, mints, gum, or a tissue.

Get a bag, a tote, a backpack, briefcase, messenger bag -- and carry your own stuff
I'm the reverse. I hate carrying a purse, so it's not unusual for me to ask my husband if I can put my wallet, chapstick, and keys in his pocket if I'm not wearing something with pockets.

Re: "bags for men," I think backpacks and messenger bags have been pretty ubiquitous for a while, now.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:56 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
to keep his stuff in

is that really hard to comprehend?
What stuff do guys carry?

Old 04-02-2014, 09:05 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
^

This is why i dont carry a firearm. Far too many temptations to use it.
Feel free to hit me with your man bag

Old 04-02-2014, 10:21 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,973,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Re: "bags for men," I think backpacks and messenger bags have been pretty ubiquitous for a while, now.
Absolutely.

This is a weird thread; I lot of folks waaay over-thinking the fact that people- or either gender- need to carry stuff sometimes.

I think some people forget that not everyone everywhere commutes by car. For those of us that walk, bike, or use transit, some kind of bag is essential if you want to bring stuff like a laptop or tablet, umbrella, day planner, your lunch. Not to mention I live in a climate where it might be 40 degrees and raining when I leave for work and a sunny 65 by the afternoon… and I hate walking around having to carry a coat, hat, and sweater in my hands. It’s just practical.

There are all kinds of really nice messenger bags on the market; that what I prefer. The Timbuk2 stuff with a zillion pockets and compartments is really nice (if pricey) and also cool for traveling.

Backpacks work, but they make me feel a little like I should either be camping or going to school. Also, DON’T BE THAT GUY who goes on a crowded train or bus with an over-stuffed backback slung over both shoulders and obliviously smacks around everybody behind him. TAKE IT OFF AND HOLD IT BY THE HANDLE. Everyone hates THAT GUY.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:22 AM

1,136 posts, read 942,252 times
Wins.

This refers to burgler09's post at the top of this page with the gif. (I tried quoting it, but it didn't take.)

Old 04-02-2014, 10:29 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATCAT View Post
Absolutely.

This is a weird thread; I lot of folks waaay over-thinking the fact that people- or either gender- need to carry stuff sometimes.

I think some people forget that not everyone everywhere commutes by car. For those of us that walk, bike, or use transit, some kind of bag is essential if you want to bring stuff like a laptop or tablet, umbrella, day planner, your lunch. Not to mention I live in a climate where it might be 40 degrees and raining when I leave for work and a sunny 65 by the afternoon… and I hate walking around having to carry a coat, hat, and sweater in my hands. It’s just practical.

There are all kinds of really nice messenger bags on the market; that what I prefer. The Timbuk2 stuff with a zillion pockets and compartments is really nice (if pricey) and also cool for traveling.

Backpacks work, but they make me feel a little like I should either be camping or going to school. Also, DON’T BE THAT GUY who goes on a crowded train or bus with an over-stuffed backback slung over both shoulders and obliviously smacks around everybody behind him. TAKE IT OFF AND HOLD IT BY THE HANDLE. Everyone hates THAT GUY.
Also, don't be the guy who requires a seat for himself and a seat for his backpack. Hold that crap on your lap, dude.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:33 AM

1,136 posts, read 942,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Also, don't be the guy who requires a seat for himself and a seat for his backpack. Hold that crap on your lap, dude.
Interestingly, you direct that towards men. Why? The whole theme of this thread -- as far as I can tell -- is how people who think of men as different from women are "backwards." If so, then you really should have written "don't be the person who requires a seat for themselves and their bag or purse. Hold that crap on your lap, man or woman."

It just proves that, when you get down to it, we all do realize that there are differences between men and women -- some of us just admit it.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:53 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
What stuff do guys carry?

have you not been reading?, several posters here have already made lists of what men carry, do i reallY need to do it again?

just think about it, it really isn't that difficult. Try reading a few posts back.

Last edited by nightcrawler; 04-02-2014 at 12:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty