Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 01:34 PM

626 posts, read 1,343,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
OP needs to use a smoothing shampoo and a flat iron. Then post another picture.

Seriously? He is a MAN!! If I was with a man who whipped out my flat iron to straighten his hair...I would call it quits right then and there.

To the OP: I think your hair does look nice..like many have said, it needs a trim but other than that...grow it longer and youll definitely have a nice look going for you Dont give in to the all men need short hair garbage...lots of men look great with long hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 01:38 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,707,724 times
eek, dude you look like you're forty something, Not that that's a bad thing, but this look is doing nothing for you or me. You look like Robin Williams before he got gray and fat. JMHO, no offense.

Can you give us an idea what yer shootin' for here as far as a look?

Personally, I think flat tops are sexy. Think Mark Harmon on NCIS. Yummy!

Old 10-08-2013, 01:49 PM

15,696 posts, read 9,431,984 times
Dude;

A bit of advice from someone who had long hair until my 30s. Enjoy your hair. You'll miss it when it's gone. I'm thinning at this point in my life, so long hair is a no go for me. Would love to have it back.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:53 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,460,764 times
Okay, saw this clip in the man-bags thread, and two of the guy's hair looks very close (but slightly different) to how those guys I worked with had their hair styled. And I know their hair would fall around their eyes or eyebrows occasionally. Though their hair as I remember it fell a little further down (in the back) to the shoulder than the character in the black suit in this clip. (I loved this movie too.)

Their hair was similar to the character in the black suit (though they used no styling gel) and the character in the T-shirt. Nonetheless, their hair was slightly cut or trimmed differently than these characters as I recall. Wish I could find a photo, or ask someone.

Anyways... thanks, Gloria , but I googled the mullet and I don't think it was that I was thinking of. Although, maybe it was but just a particular version or modification of a mullet [shrugs], I have no idea. I'm lost.

Here's that clip though.

It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel - YouTube

Old 10-08-2013, 02:56 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,460,764 times
If it was a mullet, then it was mullets very similar to this version of a mullet.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:39 PM

993 posts, read 1,554,368 times
I think you look fine...

...but I think you would look even better with short hair. You'd just look a bit cleaner, more professional, and mature.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:47 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,525,194 times
You could try to do something like this. I think it would look better off your face. The length it is now, accents your square jaw. I don't think you want to do that.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:57 PM

2,757 posts, read 3,989,649 times
It's okay

Old 10-08-2013, 04:05 PM

4,036 posts, read 2,691,217 times
I think you look fine with it. And as someone said, if you like it, then rock it.

Old 10-08-2013, 04:07 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,755,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubose View Post
Seriously? He is a MAN!! If I was with a man who whipped out my flat iron to straighten his hair...I would call it quits right then and there.

To the OP: I think your hair does look nice..like many have said, it needs a trim but other than that...grow it longer and youll definitely have a nice look going for you Dont give in to the all men need short hair garbage...lots of men look great with long hair.
Look at the first two pictures in this link: 15 Best Men Long Hair 2013 | Mens Hairstyles 2013

Those two look nice and elegant, not frizzy and unkempt. Shaggy long hair on a guy just screams "stoner." Well-groomed hair looks like someone who takes pride in their appearance. And if men are going to have long hair, they need to use flat irons or whatever styling tools they need for their particular hair. Last I checked, it didn't take any female parts to operate a flat iron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty