Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 09:07 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,077,446 times

Advertisements

Why would he want to change how he looks? As others have said - the camera has always loved his bone structure and he is an helluva good actor! He looks terrific at 77, to me. We all look saggy at 77. If he were smiling in that photo (above) . . . the photo would not show as many "sags" . . . and none of us are static in real life.

I have seen Robert Redford in the harsh daylight and he is a good looking man . . . and it is refreshing that he hasn't felt the need to "do something" about the natural effects of aging.

Most men who feel it necessary to go under the knife later in life do so b/c otherwise, they won't get leading roles. Redford has his own life, his own pursuits, and he is not dependent on the whims of Hollywood for his livelihood or his ability to practice his craft. GOOD FOR HIM!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 09:12 AM

13,715 posts, read 30,993,781 times
Compare him to Bruce Jenner.

Jenner looks like something that came out of a mold. Hideous.

Name a female actress that looks better after facial cosmetic surgery. I can't. Younger? Maybe. Better? No.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:31 AM

10,165 posts, read 20,698,179 times
The man is 77 for crying out loud, what is he supposed to look like? Good for him for not caving in to the superficial Hollywood status quo. Most of the Hollywood/tabloid attention-w***es probably won't live that long anyway, which is a good thing.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:50 PM

805 posts, read 1,552,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Compare him to Bruce Jenner.

Jenner looks like something that came out of a mold. Hideous.

Name a female actress that looks better after facial cosmetic surgery. I can't. Younger? Maybe. Better? No.
Bingo!

Old 10-16-2013, 04:09 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,601,131 times
He looks good. He has always been a favorite of mine, or was until the troubles with Lola. He kinda fell off my radar after that.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:11 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,374,983 times
So, Jenner's actions are not identical to Redfords? HOW DARE JENNER be different to Redford?

Right out of 7th grade.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:21 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,180,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I think he looks just fine, especially for 77! I too agree with those who find it refreshing that he hasn't done all sorts of weird things to himself to try to look younger.
More people should accept aging gracefully and have his attitude!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Why would he want to change how he looks? As others have said - the camera has always loved his bone structure and he is an helluva good actor! He looks terrific at 77, to me. We all look saggy at 77. If he were smiling in that photo (above) . . . the photo would not show as many "sags" . . . and none of us are static in real life.

I have seen Robert Redford in the harsh daylight and he is a good looking man . . . and it is refreshing that he hasn't felt the need to "do something" about the natural effects of aging.

Most men who feel it necessary to go under the knife later in life do so b/c otherwise, they won't get leading roles. Redford has his own life, his own pursuits, and he is not dependent on the whims of Hollywood for his livelihood or his ability to practice his craft. GOOD FOR HIM!!!!!!
^^^yes and yes. I think he is still attractive and one class act.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:26 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,236,719 times
I think he's better-looking now. When he was young he had a face that other than being pretty looked kind of vacant to me. I found his voice more attractive than his appearance. Now he looks like he's been around and done things. I find him more attractive because he looks far more interesting.

I know someone who checked him into a hotel in Austin recently. She said when he walked up to the counter he said, "Hi. My name is Bob Redford. I have a reservation." She said she felt like shrieking, "AS IF I didn't know! Everyone in the hotel is buzzing that you were expected!" But she kept her normal behavior and checked him in exactly as she did every other customer. When she handed him his key, he thanked her and reached over the counter and shook her hand. She said he seems to deflect attention, rather than seek it out. But when he sees people recognize him (which apparently most do), he immediately says, "Hello. My name's Bob Redford. How are you?" and shakes their hand. She said he seems to take it as his responsibility to put others at ease. Every worker bee in the hotel had something nice to say about him because he treated them like people, not faceless servants. She waits on a lot of wealthy and famous people in that hotel and said he was quite the opposite of many.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:51 PM

363 posts, read 1,354,156 times
Very handsome.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:58 PM

1,458 posts, read 2,645,756 times
He looks great, sun damage or not. He looks like he has lived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty