Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2013, 09:23 PM

747 posts, read 1,682,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
I like Kate Spade also. I have some very cute Kate Spade handbags. I have a bright plaid summer satchel and a gray flannel winter small tote that I get compliments on. She is another stylish, fun, mid-price bag designer. I also love some of the Lilly Pulitzer tropical prints (perfect for beach totes!), and also the one Vera Bradley graphic black and white print for summer. Unfortunately, there are many, many handbags that I love....
You have a handbag problem too I see. lol I'm the same way I can't get enough of them. I see all these pretty bags I want and I have all these outlets and boutiques near me and I have such a hard time deciding on one at a time. I've never owned a kate spade bag before, but did have a wristlet I liked from there. I'd like to purchase something bright when I do buy one, preferably pink. I have a problem with accessories as well I love tying scarf bows on my bags and adding cute charms and matching wallets. Oh so many things I want and so little money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 09:26 PM

747 posts, read 1,682,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdflk View Post
Interesting use of the word "investing."
Don't see why it's interesting...it's something i'm choosing to put a large sum of money into...or investing my money in. Nothing weird about it, some bags hold value some don't...no big deal if it holds money value over time to me, because I never plan on selling my bags or accessories.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:55 PM

537 posts, read 740,040 times
Quote:
Me too! I want to say "classy" and "cocktail" as much as possible with an emphasis on the *ass and c**k in those words. Even the "tail" syllable is good. What, am I not being 'classy' or sounding 'rich' enough?
Lemme guess . . . Melrose Park?

Old 10-23-2013, 10:10 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreams View Post
If you are talking about outlets that's not even close to true. Now I do believe that some outlets get more MFF then others. I have two outlets within 20 minutes of me. One caters more to the MFF bags and one has MFF bags as well as boutique bags. Both outlets have a mix of leather and cloth. It was the same in the last state I lived in as well. That outlet had both MFF and boutique items and a mix of cloth and leather.
I am talking about the regular stores. I've got like 6 in a 30 mike radius. Outlets are 35+ mikes and all the same. This is also true of department stores carrying coach. In my 30 mike radius there are easily 15 places that carry coach and all have different selections.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:28 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,376,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Cat View Post
Lemme guess . . . Melrose Park?
Yes, you are not only one of the "rich people" (as you say), but you are also astute about my background - and oh so refined.

Lemme guess.... You are typing this whilst sipping a Domaine de la Romanee Grand Cru from your Waterford stemware after your long Sedona spa day of $5K hot stone massages and seaweed wraps that soothed your Arizona sun leathered skin.

It makes you feel important to explain to posters that their Coach purses and use of the words "classy" and "cocktail" indicate they are working class wannabes... You are enlightening the dull masses. We are all simpletons compared to your greatness and vast wealth.

I couldn't have stepped into crassness for a better poster. Wait - is "crassness" too bourgeois of a term for you?

Alliteration:

I carry a classy cocktail in my crass Coach carryall.

Does that sentence hurt your delicate, refined ears?

Ok, I'm done now.

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 10-23-2013 at 10:38 PM..

Old 10-23-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Yes, you are not only one of the "rich people" (as you say), but you are also astute about my background - and oh so refined.

Lemme guess.... You are typing this whilst sipping a Domaine de la Romanee Grand Cru from your Waterford stemware after your long Sedona spa day of $5K hot stone massages and seaweed wraps that soothed your Arizona sun leathered skin.

It makes you feel important to explain to posters that their Coach purses and use of the words "classy" and "cocktail" indicate they are working class wannabes... You are enlightening the dull masses. We are all simpletons compared to your greatness and vast wealth.

I couldn't have stepped into crassness for a better poster. Wait - is "crassness" too bourgeois of a term for you?

Alliteration:

I carry a classy cocktail in my crass Coach carryall.

Does that sentence hurt your delicate, refined ears?

Ok, I'm done now.
Haaaaa!! No, dear, you most certainly are not "done". Lemme guess, the pinot grigio is kicking in right about now and your crappy job awaits you tomorrow morning. So sad. At least you have your "classy" saddlebag to cuddle next to on your commute in the morning.

"I carry a classy cocktail in my crass Coach carryall." Now THAT is quite clever. LOL!!

I'm still laughing . . . Thanks for the chuckles.

Last edited by Canyon Cat; 10-23-2013 at 10:54 PM..

Old 10-23-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Haaaaa!! No, dear, you most certainly are not "done". Lemme guess, the pinot grigio is kicking in right about now and your crappy job awaits you tomorrow morning. So sad. At least you have your "classy" saddlebag to cuddle next to on your commute in the morning.
Nope... No crappy job and no saddlebag. The only saddlebags here can be found around your hip area, and they are no doubt tanned leather.

p.s. What's hilarious about all this is I don't even collect Coach purses, nor did I originally use the terms "classy" in my posts. But I just have always had this problem with pretension and name-callers.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Nope... No crappy job and no saddlebag. The only saddlebags here can be found around your hip area, and they are no doubt tanned leather.
Nope. This dude's hairy saddlebags are lilly white.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Nope. This dude's hairy saddlebags are lilly white.
I can still kick your lilly white ass... I'm from Melrose Park after all...

Old 10-23-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
I can still kick your ass... I'm from Melrose Park after all...
Maybe you just could, you rough and tough MP chick.

Did my time in Chi-town and its 'burbs. I actually came to despise the arrogant @sses from the North Shore much more intensely.

Sorry for me being such a Richard Head about this topic. And I'm not rich. Upper middle class as a teen but solidly middle class as a kid. Parents were both small town peeps who did well for themselves. Peace out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty