Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 01:43 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times

Advertisements

Ok young buck here's the answer. first as you go about your day look for some hag (same for the ladies but some busted man) and understand ant one day there's a good chance that person was in the age range your talking about. Young and firm. That's the potential future so don't get caught up in looks.

What you need to do is have confidence to the extent that you don't give a _____. Next go get money. Many women are attracted to money and power. Just make sure when your around a woman make her feel like she is the only woman on the planet. Men go for looks and women go for security. That's the way it has been since the beginning of time.

For all the women who will say women get their own today consider at time of divorce. How many women have you heard say I don't want anything I just want out. It's mainly men who say that.. Just being real.. Looks fade so don't get so caught up on the Dime you see today because later on she could become 2 cents just as the same with a man.

When looking for a relationship just make sure the woman is the type who would take care of you if you got sick. If not love the one your with until the one you want comes along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 02:07 PM

2 posts, read 7,016 times
What makes girls from the age of 18-22 consider a guy physically attractive or handsome?

I'm in my late 30s. I work with college students and have one of my own, so I have a few different perspectives on this and can't seem to escape the constant tittering and gossip. You know, not to mention that I was once that age and I'm not so senile I can't remember. It sounds to me like you need specifics and most of what you're getting is generalities. Be prepared, this may sting a bit, but someone needs to be up front with you. I hope it doesn't smart too much. Let's look at your stats and what you have to say about yourself:

- 20 year old male
- 6'2, 194 lbs
- Not muscular
- Facially "alright looking," called "really average"
- Looks very "foreign" with light brown skin, black hair, and brown eyes

Girls in this age range (assuming they're into dudes, and that's the crowd you're after!) generally prefer a guy a year or two older than them, so you're in the sweet spot for 18-19 year old women.

Your height is a plus! Women seem to love tall men, and anything above 6 feet is filed away under "tall." Use that to your advantage. Don't slouch! Tower!

194 pounds and not muscular is going to make you fade into the background. Start hitting the gym, my friend. Girls this age look at abs, shoulders, arm, and butts especially. This doesn't mean to neglect your lower body because you will look out of proportion and whether they know it or not, women take the proportionality for granted before prizing specific areas. Other advantages are better health (yawn), better confidence -- the first time you get a double take in the gym you're going to feel GOOD, and a better fit from your clothes. What I mean is, they'll hang better on you, so you can make even ugly clothes look good. You won't have to depend on clothes making you look good.

Facially alright looking? Man, someone was feeling cruel that day. Groom yourself well. Make sure you have two eyebrows, even if you have to have an appointment to have them waxed the first time. Exfoliate and moisturize-- girls go wild over baby-soft, but not greasy, skin. Get rid of any residual acne. This is important both for your confidence and your attractiveness. See a dermatologist if you have to. Good skin is a must.

Hair hasn't been mentioned very much but is VITAL in the eyes of the young adult woman. Shampoo and condition according to your hair type, and use one that smells good. Aveda carries quite a few that are ladykillers, plus they can help you with products. If you are part Japanese, as your name suggests, you have an advantage. Girls actually like "foreign," although they actually think of it as exotic. Many of them favor J-Pop styles, particularly the spiky ones that look like cockatoos. However, do NOT get this style if it doesn't fit you. You need something that frames your face ... this one attribute, a good haircut/style, can take a man from "alright looking" to "wow" immediately. If you can pull off the J-Pop Cockatoo, it's a good way to use your heritage to your advantage. Remember, exotic is good. IF YOU CAN'T, THEN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T TOUCH IT!

Other grooming: Shower daily, wear deodorant or antiperspirant that works, make sure your fingernails are short and clean, and brush AND floss. Make sure your teeth are white. You can't make them straight or crooked, but you can damn well make them white! Carry lotion if you tend to get ashy. Bonus: Carry an unscented one for actual use and one that smells like marshmallows or something in case a girl is around. Not girly marshmallows, edible ones. She is sure to cry, "That smells delicious! Can I use some?" and then she may go daydream about marshmallow-scented men with dark exotic eyes and great hair.

Know your swagger. I'm going to defer to Amonte on this because it's been put so well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonte View Post
Get your swagger right. What I mean by that is, find your walk, your styles, your personality, your attitude, your hair style, your clothes. Also, do trial and error and start from the bottom. Don't start from girls you find really attractive or girls you really want. Start with girls you don't find attractive or don't care if things don't go well. What you're doing by starting at the bottom is practising, learning and seeing what works and doesn't. That way, if something goes wrong, you won't care and it won't negatively affect you because you don't care about the girl. If you have a friend that knows how to appeal to girls then ask him for help.

Also, you have to highlight your attributes and play your strengths. Everyone does not have everything. If you're funny, use it. If you are exotic or know another language, for example, then use it. Etc. While improving on what you already have and lack. If you're not funny, work on that. Work out, get a nice body.
It sounds like you have all the makings of a really sharp looking guy, one that turns heads and one that girls compliment. There's definitely an internal component too, and hopefully that will come to you as you start feeling great about yourself. Just don't start acting like a jerk, okay? And keep your eyes open for the girls no one notices-- they'll start to notice you first!

Old 10-25-2013, 02:15 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,793 times
Look man I'm going to be straight up with you unlike all of these other posters.

All you really need is a big ****

Old 10-25-2013, 02:21 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himura2005 View Post
I am a 20 year old male

6"2
194 lbs

Not muscular or anything like that but facially I have been called alright looking. I am not ugly, but I am really average, that is what people say about me. Some girls say I am kinda cute but that rarely happens, I am not the top tier kind of guy.

I looked into the reasons for this and the one my friends keep telling me is that I look very "foreign". See I have light brown skin, black hair, and brown eyes (yes, I am a minority).

I know that can't be it.

What I want to know is, what makes girls from the age of 18-22 consider a guy physically attractive or handsome?
You're right, that (bolded) can't be it. Brown skin, black hair and dark eyes are to die for (but maybe that's just me...). Don't worry about what makes you physically attractive. Get yourself some interesting hobbies, and an outgoing or considerate personality. And don't be shy--talk to women, all kinds of women (not just the "hot" ones). The above strategies are way cheaper than plastic surgery, just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty