Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 08:46 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,337,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Not true at all if you look for girls/women WITH BRAINS -- they like men with brains too!

(so says a former cheerleader who finds intelligence the sexiest thing a man can bring to a relationship)
Sorry for the snarky cheerleader comment I made earlier. I stand corrected!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 09:07 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,692,524 times
Quote:
Not true at all if you look for girls/women WITH BRAINS -- they like men with brains too!

(so says a former cheerleader who finds intelligence the sexiest thing a man can bring to a relationship)
but u dont see their brains first, you are generally attracted to what a person looks like, the brains thing comes later

Old 10-25-2013, 12:41 AM

97 posts, read 140,305 times
Get your swagger right. What I mean by that is, find your walk, your styles, your personality, your attitude, your hair style, your clothes. Also, do trial and error and start from the bottom. Don't start from girls you find really attractive or girls you really want. Start with girls you don't find attractive or don't care if things don't go well. What you're doing by starting at the bottom is practising, learning and seeing what works and doesn't. That way, if something goes wrong, you won't care and it won't negatively affect you because you don't care about the girl. If you have a friend that knows how to appeal to girls then ask him for help.

Also, you have to highlight your attributes and play your strengths. Everyone does not have everything. If you're funny, use it. If you are exotic or know another language, for example, then use it. Etc. While improving on what you already have and lack. If you're not funny, work on that. Work out, get a nice body.

Remember, this is like a job or work. Anyone can get anyone, but sometimes you don't have to do anything to get the person and sometimes you have to work for it. You have to decide what you're willing to do and what you want.

Maybe you want the supermodel, but she only goes out with guys with nice cars. You have to decide if she's worth getting a nice car for. Or maybe she only dates guys with a certain dress style. You have to decide if you want to start dressing that way or not.

Trust me. I'm considered a love guru and Hitch because I know these things. I'm in my 20s, in the Miami area and a lady killer LOL.

EDIT: If you're a white dude, unless there aren't many latin dudes around, try to stay as far away as possible as "general" or stereotypical white dudes appearance and attitude. Unless, somehow girls like that where you live. Again, see what works best for you. Life is a lot easier if you're a latin dude, though LOL.

Last edited by amonte; 10-25-2013 at 12:57 AM..

Old 10-25-2013, 05:48 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,890,124 times
Quote:

Women want intelligent men but not of the socially inept variety. There are plenty of very intelligent men who are not "nerds" at all.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:33 AM

993 posts, read 1,553,424 times
To be honest, I'd say that to be conventionally attractive it helps to have European features. That doesn't mean light hair and light eyes, though. It means things like a non-flat face as well as a straight and narrow nose. A chiseled face helps, too, and that's not strictly European.

Ah yes, and swag. Swag makes for instant sexiness.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:45 AM

97 posts, read 140,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
To be honest, I'd say that to be conventionally attractive it helps to have European features. That doesn't mean light hair and light eyes, though. It means things like a non-flat face as well as a straight and narrow nose. A chiseled face helps, too, and that's not strictly European.

Ah yes, and swag. Swag makes for instant sexiness.
If it's generally European features to have a nice nose then it's nice to have that. On having a flat face or not, that actually matters on the person. You;re not automatically attractive for not having a flat face. It all depends on the rest of your face, how they all play out together.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:52 AM

324 posts, read 652,979 times
shove a sock in your pants

Old 10-25-2013, 09:30 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,781,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himura2005 View Post
all of this advice except for a couple of posts is horrible
Pretty much. Telling someone at 20, which is really still just adolescence as far as I am concerned, to "just have confidence" or to "carry yourself well" is utterly trite and begs the question of just *how* to go about that.

That said, please don't think the "european looking" (a.k.a., white) people have cornered the "meat market"; this dorky guy was the King Of Outcasts at 20. I take it you are Japanese American?

Old 10-25-2013, 11:33 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,781,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amonte View Post
Get your swagger right. What I mean by that is, find your walk, your styles, your personality, your attitude, your hair style, your clothes. Also, do trial and error and start from the bottom. Don't start from girls you find really attractive or girls you really want. Start with girls you don't find attractive or don't care if things don't go well. What you're doing by starting at the bottom is practising, learning and seeing what works and doesn't. That way, if something goes wrong, you won't care and it won't negatively affect you because you don't care about the girl. If you have a friend that knows how to appeal to girls then ask him for help.
I stand corrected--this is actually good advice. Thanks Amonte!

I also recommend internet dating sites, despite the wildly skewed m/f ratio, because they allow you to try out personas online.

Avoid noisy dance clubs, where you can't offer her a drink without shouting and I am sure you can't dance anyway.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:37 PM

993 posts, read 1,553,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amonte View Post
If it's generally European features to have a nice nose then it's nice to have that. On having a flat face or not, that actually matters on the person. You;re not automatically attractive for not having a flat face. It all depends on the rest of your face, how they all play out together.
Yes, a narrow nose is generally thought to be a European feature as opposed to wider-bridged or short nose.

And of course you're not automatically unattractive if you don't have this feature or that. Angelina Jolie doesn't have the golden ratio for her facial proportions, but she's still often perceived as beautiful. I just listed a few traits that are found conventionally attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty