Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 10:28 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,553,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
And tell us please, what's wrong with someone that has to be in a fast food/convenience store uniform? Or works in a random business casual office (whatever that is)??

At least they might have a job.
Hah! They're fine for wearing to work. Outside work, as fashion-causal wear? Blah. I cannot imagine why someone would choose to wear a polo outside of wearing one as a work uniform. I thought that's what we were talking about, not work uniforms?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 10:30 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,132,333 times
That's awesome that tattoos got a mention in this thread. Some people really hate them.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:34 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,350,941 times
I have to wonder who the OP thinks he is to determine what people should wear. Just like the hoodie thread.

I am a woman, but I probably wear things that he considers inappropriate for my age and sex, but I don't care.

I wear what I want to wear.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:37 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,087,987 times
OP is a troll, clear as day. Rude, narrowminded, and a square.

Wear what is suitable for the situation. Plus, I'm not out to impress 24/7.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:44 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,202,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
What's wrong with dressing comfortably. I agree its not appropriate for men to wear sleeveless clothes outside the gym or house, but a short sleeve t shirt with jeans and sneakers look fine no matter how old you are. And I presume you are against grown men wearing shorts, which means we have to deal with sweaty rash infested thigh's all summer long. Additionally, why are you deciding a age limit for wearing certain types of clothes. If a guy think he looks nice and feels comfortable wearing a T-shirt, then let him wear it as long as the weather permits.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:45 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,890,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
you forgot to mention tattoos, having old tattoos from your younger days also look inappropriate as people age and become middle age

those old skate boarder or tribal tattoos arent going to look right when your not a young man anymore, especially people who have the large neck tattoos that cant be covered

the thing about clothing is it can be changed instantly, but tats are for life and when they are no longer cool or in style with your lifestyle later on in life they will look just as silly as those imature teen agers / college kid fashions

I never got the tattoo deal. Everyone and their grandmother gets tattoos these days. The really crazy ones with crazy colors and no coherence are my favorites. What was on that person's mind? 16 year old girls with lower back tattoos push the envelope as far as I am concerned. 40 years and 50 lbs will make that thing really saggy.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:46 AM

420 posts, read 697,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?

Old 10-24-2013, 10:52 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,848,091 times
Don't feed the trolls.

Don't tell the OP that I've bought two pairs of Vans and one pair of Converse this year alone. And since I lost 60 lbs in the past year, it necessitated a whole wardrobe replacement - filled to the brim with graphic T shirts and slimmer-fit jeans. I feel like a million bucks wearing a new wardrobe. And I'm dangerously close to 25.

And don't tell the OP I had this conversation the other day. In some worlds it's called joking around, although I suppose in the OP's world it's something vile. In mine it's called being secure, LOL:

Old 10-24-2013, 10:56 AM

420 posts, read 697,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
I'll let you in on a few things, I dress very very well...
I drape myself in monogrammed broadcloth dress shirts and wear many tailored suits.
I shop for my casual clothing at Lacoste, Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers.

I also enjoy downhill skateboarding on a long board and wear Vans Off The Wall shoes on and off the board.

I'm 47 years old.

There's some things you need to address concerning yourself prior to questioning others.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:59 AM

324 posts, read 655,064 times
No different than 47 year women shopping the teen dept, some people think they are too old, others think it's fine. Maybe it depends who can pull it off and who can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty