Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2015, 08:00 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
I totally agree. Even worse when they give themselves teen nicknames. Sometimes I just start laughing but apparently it's the in thing to do. Still very ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 05:25 PM

223 posts, read 391,750 times
Men over the age of 25 should wear whatever the f~~~ they please because they're adults who don't have to impress anyone they don't want to.

Fixed it for you.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:58 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKEastsider View Post
Men over the age of 25 should wear whatever the f~~~ they please because they're adults who don't have to impress anyone they don't want to.

Fixed it for you.
Nobody said you can't. Grown men can wear pampers and carry a baby bottle for all we care. Just saying it looks ridiculous.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:13 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,078 times
I like the look of Chucks. But being that I have 5E width feet my shoe choices end up being pretty limited.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:36 AM

698 posts, read 587,718 times
Quote:
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
Wow, you sound like the most uptight dude on the planet. Loosen up a little.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:39 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes.

who makes up these nonsense rules that we dont have to follow???????

Old 04-27-2015, 10:40 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
Wow, you sound like the most uptight dude on the planet. Loosen up a little.

can you imagine?????

Old 04-27-2015, 10:40 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,973,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
I like the look of Chucks. But being that I have 5E width feet my shoe choices end up being pretty limited.
Chucks and Vans are actually a very traditional style, and I think they're fine for casual wear for men of any age.

Watch The Prisoner- everyone is wearing Vans-type shoes.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:23 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,893,401 times
Quote:

Anyone else agree?
How about sweat pants, hoodies, or other things not mentioned? Any specific underwear? Boxers or briefs?

I am 58 and wear whatever I feel like throwing on as I am retired and have no one to impress. I may dress a bit nicer for doctor's visits, dinner parties or artist's receptions, but for the most part, I really don't care.
You would probably think I dress like I should drive my truck instead of my Caddie.
Again, I don't care.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:50 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes.

who makes up these nonsense rules that we dont have to follow???????
but i thought people were SUPPOSED to dress to impress faceless unknown people on the internet instead of wearing what they actually like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty