Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2015, 05:06 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,994,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
Please, please get a life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 05:28 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,831,056 times
This is exactly why I hate "fashion"

Old 07-21-2015, 11:39 PM

18,457 posts, read 18,602,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
"Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes."

Says who? Are you the fashion police? Bahah hha haha! Aw shaddup and MYOB!
25 is still like a boy though... to me anyway, its the over 50s 60s with long shorts in summer and trendy trainers, all bright like a child in Summer..

Old 07-21-2015, 11:44 PM

4,670 posts, read 5,067,721 times
Quote:
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
I'm not taking advice from a poster with a screen name that is the same name as the President of the Confederacy.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:51 PM

1 posts, read 753 times
Yeah, I love it when other people tell me what to wear and not to wear. If you want to be Mr. GQ, or Mr. trending fashion, or whatever, thats you. Im about to be 50, and I have several pairs of Vans shoes, which I love, and I will always wear Vans. I grew up wearing them, and still do. I always will. Now, I skipped the bright colored ones, the checkerd ones, etc, because of personal choice, but I do still think they are cool, but not for me anymore. I go for the more subdued colors, grays, blacks, white, browns, etc. I will leave the bright flashy colors to the youngsters, but still, im not that old yet, so I enjoy my Vans. Im getting to old to care what people think, and to care about the latest fashion trends. I could give a rats butt about all of that. I will keep and wear my Vans, thank you.....

Old 04-08-2017, 12:19 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,100,194 times
Quote:
Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers.
As a forty year old whose summer wardrobe consists entirely of shirts I've bought at concerts, I have no hesitation in telling you to bugger off.

Old 04-08-2017, 01:50 AM

1,517 posts, read 980,885 times
Glad to know OP doesn't personally approve of 85% of my wardrobe. Thanks so much for that insight, grandpa. Now I know what to wear when I'm invited to his place.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:19 AM

18,457 posts, read 18,602,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
I'm not taking advice from a poster with a screen name that is the same name as the President of the Confederacy.
that made me smile....

Old 04-08-2017, 04:39 AM

3,423 posts, read 4,343,326 times
It's all about personality, and how the individual carries the fashion. Some people can pull off a certain look. On other people, it doesn't quite "fit" right for one reason or another.

So, yes, some 30 year olds wearing Converse, Vans, etc. might look like a case of arrested development, but then, I've seen seniors wearing Converse and looking totally hip doing it. To each his own!

Old 04-08-2017, 05:27 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,506,669 times
Quote:
men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing t-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. Not short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty