Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 07:30 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times

Advertisements

There's not much of a way to tan "safely", besides spray tans and bronzers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 11:54 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Of course the Kardashians have a darker skin tone already. BUT, I saw some of their episodes and they showed them before they got their spraytans on - they looked pale and sick, dark shadows here and there. They looked like regular Armenian girls.

I am very white. I look awesome with a spraytan. Young, healthy, pretty, no cellulite anywhere. I just don't have the money to do it. I thought, ok, I do it every two weeks, but I think that isn't completely enough. You gotta do it pretty often.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:21 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,958,059 times

'Tanning mom' turns 'weird and pale' - YouTube

LOL!!

Old 11-06-2013, 05:38 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
A family member got a cancer scare so I'm done with tanning booths. I find a lot of the bottled self tanners messy! How do y'll tan effectively & safely?
Ugh. Don't tan. Natural skin, even if pale/fair, is much more attractive. Yes I'm serious. I love pale/fair skin on women. Never been a fan of tan skin.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:16 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
I don't tan. The closest I get to tanning is working out in my yard in shorts and a tank top, or sitting out in the sun reading a book. This gives me just enough color not to look pasty white. If I'm going to the beach I'll get a "spray tan." I don't care HOW "white" I get in the wintertime (which is pretty darn white). However, some time around February, after I haven't worn shorts or worked in the yard in months, I usually look down at my legs and think to myself "Damn!" and rub in some self tanning stuff till I can get back out in the yard in the spring.

I am 51 years old. Many years ago, I figured out that if I wanted to keep my skin in good shape, I'd forego the tanning. I'm glad I made the choice to maintain my skin in great shape over the temporary allure of a tan when I was young and couldn't even imagine sagging, wrinkling skin - which is the inevitable result of sun damage over time, coupled with natural aging.

My skin is still firm and moist and so I think it was a small sacrifice to make! (I use a sunscreen on my face and neck when I'm out in the yard.)

Old 11-08-2013, 10:06 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I don't tan. The closest I get to tanning is working out in my yard in shorts and a tank top, or sitting out in the sun reading a book. This gives me just enough color not to look pasty white. If I'm going to the beach I'll get a "spray tan." I don't care HOW "white" I get in the wintertime (which is pretty darn white). However, some time around February, after I haven't worn shorts or worked in the yard in months, I usually look down at my legs and think to myself "Damn!" and rub in some self tanning stuff till I can get back out in the yard in the spring.

I am 51 years old. Many years ago, I figured out that if I wanted to keep my skin in good shape, I'd forego the tanning. I'm glad I made the choice to maintain my skin in great shape over the temporary allure of a tan when I was young and couldn't even imagine sagging, wrinkling skin - which is the inevitable result of sun damage over time, coupled with natural aging.

My skin is still firm and moist and so I think it was a small sacrifice to make! (I use a sunscreen on my face and neck when I'm out in the yard.)
Yes, see that is the key! Just getting a LITTLE sun! "Tanning" to me implies going out and baking yourself, and sometimes burning, THAT is what is not good! I always get a little sun each day (as I mentioned previously). I only have a light tan and at age 64 I still have FAR less wrinkles than most women my age or even substantially younger. Not bad for a Florida girl! I will say in the coldest months here in Florida I do turn pretty pale rather quickly, since my light tan fades almost daily if I miss a day or two in the sun. Strangely my arms show the most aging of anywhere else on my body. My face and neck look pretty moist and smooth, I only have "wrinkles" when I smile. I only wear minimal makeup, and I apply various oils all over my skin daily, multiple times each day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty