Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 06:08 PM

38 posts, read 87,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
it is not only the shallow people but the sheer rudeness of people anymore . I mean you email someone and you write what you think is a nice email and they never answer it and you are like wth ? and i usually write people off after they show me their true selves meaning if they show me that they are selfish and shallow and believe me when I say sooner or later you will see the true self . I wish you luck . I guess people are way to busy on their ipods to have friends anymore .
You know what, that may be the lesson I need to learn here: I can't trust that everyone's a good person. I was naive before but I'm starting to really pay attention to people's true colors. I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
You thinking that "others are too stuck on me" is clear indication of the problem. It seems kind of delusional to think that. And not a bit stuck on yourself.
Just last week my class got on the discussion of diets. Everyone was pretty much complaining about them. I them chimed in that diets make people sad. My teacher who hadn't said a word before said "Shutup, As if you needed to be on any diet" in a rather irritated manner. Ummm I never said I was on a diet, I've just observed how people on diets act. That's happened a lot where I've said something innocent and someone will respond in a mean manner. Like some people have said here, those are the signs that I don't need to associate with those people. They obviously have problems they like to project.

Last edited by DaughterOfZion; 11-03-2013 at 06:48 PM..

Old 11-03-2013, 08:12 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,208 times
It is true that women can be very mean to women they perceive as a threat. There is competition in every aspect of life, and looks are one thing people are competitive about. Just be yourself, hold your head high, and learn to love your new look. As my mother always says, "Enjoy your looks while you have them, because they are fleeting." Of course, you need to also treat others well, and develop all aspects of yourself. Good luck.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:15 PM

4,205 posts, read 4,456,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfZion View Post
I do have friends,there are just a small circle of them. I find that most people don't want to befriend me, while some others have countless friends. The thing I can say is that the friends I do have are of high quality, loyal & genuine so I am blessed. It just bothers me that people GO OUT OF THEY'RE WAY to show they're dislike. That's not very fair don't you think? If you don't like me, carry on with your business. Also, it seems as soon as someone mentions their looks, people want to jump on them and pull the conceded card. Its not viewed as polite to mention your looks but I know others feel this way too as they have told me.

Ah, note that quality and quantity of friends are very different. Tis better to have fewer actual friends you can get to know on a personal level well and spend time with, than worrying about being everyone's 'friend'. The latter tend to be seeking status or gamesmanship in one upping others in pseudo 'friends', a la, the "Facebook" crowd.

As for the few examples you've given of issues in how you've been treated behaviorally, I'd have to say you need to expand the realms of people you meet and interact with to find broader audience (than just peers) as it seems from your posts that you may or may not be one of those natural beauties which a mass media induced conditioned populace finds pleasure in shooting down.

You received some good suggestions: volunteer at some places you have beliefs in supporting [food bank, under privileged, church related (I'm assuming your moniker you have one) etc...].

You will find shallow people all throughout life in many different realms learn to rise above the behavior and antics they engage in and use it as a reminder to yourself to deter you from ever acting that way.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:08 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
I know how you feel. People are just nasty, that's it. For as long as I can remember, there's always been some chick trying to **** on my life. Even now there are female coworkers that won't say a word to me and I have no idea why. There's even one who will be nice to my face when other people are around but if I see her alone she'll give me the nastiest looks. What I really hate though, are people who feel the need to comment constantly on my body, whether it's how skinny I am, whether they can tell I've gained weight, or whatever. It's like, what's the point of that???

Old 11-04-2013, 06:52 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
What the H kind of people are you associating with? Sounds like a bunch of immature, rude, back-stabbing a$$holes!

Girl, go foster friendships with people who are not that way!

Old 11-04-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
What the H kind of people are you associating with? Sounds like a bunch of immature, rude, back-stabbing a$$holes!

Girl, go foster friendships with people who are not that way!
Haha! I am in cosmetology school so that probably has a lot to do with it. A bunch of wannabe divas! I do experience this nonsense outside of school on occasion but it mainly takes place in there

Old 11-04-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
What I really hate though, are people who feel the need to comment constantly on my body, whether it's how skinny I am, whether they can tell I've gained weight, or whatever. It's like, what's the point of that???
Exactly! Like why are you more concerned with my appearance than I am! Its like they expect you to uphold some standard they've set for you & I don't want that responsibility lol.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:41 PM

324 posts, read 655,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfZion View Post
Haha! I am in cosmetology school so that probably has a lot to do with it. A bunch of wannabe divas! I do experience this nonsense outside of school on occasion but it mainly takes place in there

Hair dressers have always been drama queens, male and female. Go to college and meet different people. these are mostly high school dropouts.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:48 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
Hair dressers have always been drama queens, male and female. Go to college and meet different people. these are mostly high school dropouts.
I suppose the voices in your mile-high head told you that???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty