Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 06:36 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfZion View Post
Haha! I am in cosmetology school so that probably has a lot to do with it. A bunch of wannabe divas! I do experience this nonsense outside of school on occasion but it mainly takes place in there
Well, FWIW, I also attended/graduated from cosmetology school and never once had anyone in our class run around with their tush up their backsides. However, that was in the mid 60s; so do you think attitudes have changed over the decades? Hmmm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 07:30 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfZion View Post
I really don't believe my character is that horrible as I do pray & self reflect on a regular basis.
More reflexion might help. I think that might be the problem, self awareness. You sound like you are not ready yet to admit your behavior could be the cause. I think you are not ready because you think that would make you a horrible person.

That would not make you a horrible person. Even if you spend the rest of your life in denial and being disliked by everybody and their momma, that still doesn't make you a horrible person. What that would probably make is your life harder

Most likely the problem is your language. You might be saying things that might be offending or upsetting people. Most likely you are not doing intentionally, but what matters is not your intention, but how people interpret your words. If you are interested in adjusting your communication style I recommend learning more about "non violent communication" or similar programs. There are videos on youtube about this subject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonviolent_Communication

Old 11-05-2013, 06:35 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" lol seems to be the mantra of the original poster. Are you SURE that is the reason? Maybe you should get your nose out of the air.
This! ^^^ LOL

Old 11-05-2013, 07:54 AM

38 posts, read 87,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
Hair dressers have always been drama queens, male and female. Go to college and meet different people. these are mostly high school dropouts.
I have an associates from university,and may go back later. I really hate the stereotypes about cosmo school. There was a guy working at McDonald's who tried to hit on me. I told him I was in cosmo school and the jerk said I should get a real career. But I'm making more money than his minimum wage.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
More reflexion might help. I think that might be the problem, self awareness. You sound like you are not ready yet to admit your behavior could be the cause. I think you are not ready because you think that would make you a horrible person.

That would not make you a horrible person. Even if you spend the rest of your life in denial and being disliked by everybody and their momma, that still doesn't make you a horrible person. What that would probably make is your life harder

Most likely the problem is your language. You might be saying things that might be offending or upsetting people. Most likely you are not doing intentionally, but what matters is not your intention, but how people interpret your words. If you are interested in adjusting your communication style I recommend learning more about "non violent communication" or similar programs. There are videos on youtube about this subject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonviolent_Communication
Thanks for offering an actual solution instead of just being defensive.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Well, FWIW, I also attended/graduated from cosmetology school and never once had anyone in our class run around with their tush up their backsides. However, that was in the mid 60s; so do you think attitudes have changed over the decades? Hmmm?
Lol a lot has changed since the 60's!

Old 01-09-2017, 11:26 AM

1 posts, read 646 times
Default Be smiley!!

If you are a female that is attractive, and you don't spend a lot of time smiling or giggling, or being outgoing, there are a decent amount of people that will assume you're a stuck up *****.

I used to spend my time catering to this defect in thinking. I had a ton of friends and guys paying attention to me. Then I realized that most of these people were scared of someone who doesn't present the way they are "supposed" to, so I stopped. Honestly, I'm glad I did, as it weeded out a lot of superficial relationships.

So you can either smile and giggle more, or accept that this is the way a lot of people think and deal with the consequences.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:09 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy in Nokomis View Post
Many women cant stand beautiful women - that's just the way it is - they feel very threatened - try to ignore them and be proud of your good looks - sneer right back at them - enjoy it while you can because it wont last forever. When I was in my early 20s I was very good looking and many women were very mean to me. Most ugly women are very mean.

Get involved with people who don't care about looks at much - or confident people that don't care how beautiful you are. volunteer at an animal shelter.
LOL ... did you take a poll.
I have heard the exact opposity sterotypes ... ex people that are not attractive are extra nice to compensate for that.

How someone looks on the outside does not determine their personality.
Nice try though !
Also the interpretation of how attractive a person is varries.

I know mean people of all levels of physical attractiveness.

Also they might not like her/you for a whole number of reasons ex like your personality. You just might be irritating or really dumb? There are many reasons why other people might not like you ... assuming it is because of how good you think you look is an interesting twist on that lol?

I had a cousin that was above average in looks ... and people were often mean to her... but it did not have much to do with her looks ... it was because she was a moron and would say the most offensive and illogical things and was too dense to get that was why people were mean to her. So before someone plays the they don't like me because of the way I look at their behaviour instead of taking the easy way out of the situation.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:16 AM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilipepper35 View Post

I remember when I was younger I use to wear high heels, tight jeans etc and could feel the envy off plain broads. I would try to be extra nice and not wear my really nice jewelry just to keep the drama down.
This is just a guess, but I don't think what you were feeling was envy.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:25 PM

645 posts, read 750,033 times
This world is full of haters! Brush it off and move on. I deal with the same issues daily.I can always feel it when a female is staring me down. I don't even acknowledge them because I know they are irrelevant and just jealous b*tches. I am very confident and secure. I don't need to give anyone dirty looks or hate for no reason. It's all about insecurities on their part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty