Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 08:45 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Your ""font"" is biased!

Exxotical is a well known word phenomena on the internet so its acceptable

On the other hand,

""Romantical"" is a fail on the last OP's font! NEXT!
Actually, you both may be wrong. I think it is supposed to be "Romanic" languages, the same way that German-derived languages are called "Germanic". Don't worry, I'm not 100% sure on this either. I had to look it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 09:29 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,336,785 times
I don't get it.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:18 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,092 times
Quote:
It seems to me that there is link between how successful one is and how ""exxotical"" they are.

Most influential people (different fields by the way)

1) POLITICS: President of the US: Half black half white, clearly an exotical. I can tell you that there are people around the world eg Africa and parts of Asia who due to lack of TVs etc who could not recognise say Clinton but can recognise Obama. As an exxotical President, his impact is huge and unforgettable.

2)MUSIC: Youngest #1 Billboard charts: Rhihanna another exxotical

3)MODELLING: Highest paid supermodel of all time: Gisele Bundchen: also an exxotical

4) ACTRESSES: Then of course you have regular white women like Angelina Jolie but face it, she got to where she is because of her exxotical lips and averall exxotical looks.

5) FAMOUS FOR NOTHING: While most hate her, she is nonetheless one of the most relevant people in entertainment today & of course she is exxotical: KIM K
. Please note that Paris Hilton, a regular white girl did the Kim K route but she never lasted as long as Kim K or was ever as relavant. Why she was pasty white not exxotical.

6 Most relevant new comer, Miley Cirus, twerks like an exxotical. She has exxotical swag, not an average white girl.

The only person I can think of who left his mark in history without being exxotical was Michael Jackson he was all black but nevermind he looked exxotical then. Then you have people like Madonna and Whitney but they were from the 80s. I cant think of any one who is anybody nowadays who is not exxotical at least not in entertainment

I ask because growing up I looked like a regular white girl with light eyes but my hair was somewhat kinky and back then the hair was enough to have me considered exxotical but nowadays I feel inadequate as I´m considered a white girl with ``weird`` hair or in some circles nice hair but it seems like my skin color and eye color and hair color trumps hair texture 3A HAIR is least so I´m not considered exxotical in a world where exxoticals have an easier life
No, nor do I feel inadequate when I compare myself to a person who claims to have graduated from Harvard.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:04 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,245,163 times
Quote:
I ask because growing up I looked like a regular white girl with light eyes but my hair was somewhat kinky and back then the hair was enough to have me considered exxotical but nowadays I feel inadequate as I´m considered a white girl with ``weird`` hair or in some circles nice hair but it seems like my skin color and eye color and hair color trumps hair texture 3A HAIR is least so I´m not considered exxotical in a world where exxoticals have an easier life
Simple answer -- no. I'm old enough to know that for everyone there is something they really don't like about themselves and look to someone else as a standard for what they wish they had. I also learned that a person who exudes confidence and happiness is far more attractive than even the most beautiful broody angry person out there.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:40 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,011,460 times
Quote:
Your ""font"" is biased!

Exxotical is a well known word phenomena on the internet so its acceptable

On the other hand,

""Romantical"" is a fail on the last OP's font! NEXT!
One of those words is in the dictionary (and no, Urban Dictionary does not count), the other is not.

Your words are made up.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:42 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
One of those words is in the dictionary (and no, Urban Dictionary does not count), the other is not.

Your words are made up.
Heck, "exotical" isn't even in Urban Dictionary.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:09 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
Do you feel inadequate when you compare yourself to ""exxoticals""?
No. I don't struggle with insecurities. I can't think of a situation where the accomplishments, looks, possessions, etc of another person would make ME feel "inadequate."

Old 11-08-2013, 10:40 AM

2,019 posts, read 3,191,885 times
Do you feel inadequate when you compare yourself to ""exxoticals""?

At this point in my life, I could care less about "exxoticals," or whatever. Just happy to be me ... and thankful for my health, family, and enjoying life.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:41 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,722,171 times
Quote:
It seems to me that there is link between how successful one is and how ""exxotical"" they are.

The term "exotic" to refer to people who are of mixed race is incredibly offensive and borderline racist.

Therefore your use of "exxotical" is offensive, racist, and ignorant. So let this mother of a mixed race child ask you nicely to stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty