Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 02:23 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times

Advertisements

I've also don't know any guys that like them on women. But if they have bought them as presents for their girlfriends, it's only because they were told to get them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 03:33 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,660,588 times
Just about the only way I would be caught dead is in a pair of Uggs.

Pray to god it never comes down to me having to choose between being seen in public in Uggs or saving the world from nuclear oblivion, because things would get much colder much faster.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:58 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,399,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Just about the only way I would be caught dead is in a pair of Uggs.

Pray to god it never comes down to me having to choose between being seen in public in Uggs or saving the world from nuclear oblivion, because things would get much colder much faster.
Coldwine,

I am shocked! Why the fear (near hostility, really) of Uggs? I just put mine on with a pair of jeans and stood in the mirror. I looked like any normal human being. I'm not wearing them out to a party or anything, but I do wear them regularly as a replacement for slippers. They keep my feet warm and cozy. What other shoes do you have that do that? Please do not tell me you slip on a pair a stilettos when you get out of bed in the morning.

greenie

Old 11-21-2007, 04:08 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
I never got why they were in , in the first place !! They look pretty awful to me. They remind me of the 1980s Moonboots people used to wear after skiing. They are so chunky and shapeless, I haven't seen them look good on anyone yet, including super-models.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:21 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,392,121 times
Uggs are like Dansko clogs. At first you say, "No way I'm wearing those things." But you keep hearing everybody rave about how comfy they are, so you take another look and decide, "They're not that bad." So you buy a pair and soon you're not only wearing them, but you think they look pretty darned cute. Soon you're so enamored you buy them as gifts for your mother and friends who say, "No way I'm wearing those things."

If you're on my Christmas list, guess what you're getting.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
Uggs are like Dansko clogs. At first you say, "No way I'm wearing those things." But you keep hearing everybody rave about how comfy they are, so you take another look and decide, "They're not that bad." So you buy a pair and soon you're not only wearing them, but you think they look pretty darned cute. Soon you're so enamored you buy them as gifts for your mother and friends who say, "No way I'm wearing those things."

If you're on my Christmas list, guess what you're getting.
As a matter of fact, I am wearing my black Dansko clogs right now. I put them on after I took my Uggs off. I also own two pairs of Berkenstocks, thank you very much.

I wear all these shoes because they are practical and comfortable. I can dress up when I want to but for everyday walking and running around and living, I wear these kinds of shoes...

Old 11-21-2007, 05:58 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Coldwine,

I am shocked! Why the fear (near hostility, really) of Uggs? I just put mine on with a pair of jeans and stood in the mirror. I looked like any normal human being. I'm not wearing them out to a party or anything, but I do wear them regularly as a replacement for slippers. They keep my feet warm and cozy. What other shoes do you have that do that? Please do not tell me you slip on a pair a stilettos when you get out of bed in the morning.

greenie
I wear socks and sneakers around my house and yard.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Coldwine,

greenie
Hah, no, I think I've already made it clear that I have very strict rules concerning when to wear stilettos (although tonight I did wear 4 inch stilettos to a nice event. But it was past 8!)

I just cannot stand the look of Uggs. I don't really judge other people for wearing them, but I myself would never buy them.

I honestly don't wear shoes for comfort. I have shoes that I work out in (my torn up sneakers), my heel/pump collection, and of course my Doc Martin collection. I think my steel-toed Docs, or "ass kickers" as they are sometimes called, are the closest thing I have to comfort shoes.

I have classic heels and Mary Jane's and also my Choo's/Manolo's/etc. I've worn them for so long it actually hurts more to try and wear flat shoes, Uggs would just about kill me

(... Do slippers count?)

Old 11-21-2007, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Hah, no, I think I've already made it clear that I have very strict rules concerning when to wear stilettos (although tonight I did wear 4 inch stilettos to a nice event. But it was past 8!)

I just cannot stand the look of Uggs. I don't really judge other people for wearing them, but I myself would never buy them.

I honestly don't wear shoes for comfort. I have shoes that I work out in (my torn up sneakers), my heel/pump collection, and of course my Doc Martin collection. I think my steel-toed Docs, or "ass kickers" as they are sometimes called, are the closest thing I have to comfort shoes.

I have classic heels and Mary Jane's and also my Choo's/Manolo's/etc. I've worn them for so long it actually hurts more to try and wear flat shoes, Uggs would just about kill me

(... Do slippers count?)
Doc Martins? Did you say Doc Martins? Up until now, I thought you were a cool chic. But no, not anymore. Doc Martins are soooo uncool. I haven't even seen a pair since like last century or something. Please, bury those things....I'll come over and hold a service with you.

greenie

Old 11-21-2007, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Doc Martins? Did you say Doc Martins? Up until now, I thought you were a cool chic. But no, not anymore. Doc Martins are soooo uncool. I haven't even seen a pair since like last century or something. Please, bury those things....I'll come over and hold a service with you.

greenie
I use them when I play paintball, actually. They're great for romping through the forest.

Also, I see Docs everywhere. I'm fond of my boots I refuse to wear boots that have heels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty