Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 01:24 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
It is HOT where I live, and I am not sweating to protect your purity.
Its 59 F in Georgia, which is quite cold to break a sweat even if you were working out in a jacket .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 05:04 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Its 59 F in Georgia, which is quite cold to break a sweat even if you were working out in a jacket .
Haha. Not all parts of Georgia re 59 today, and I don't live in Georgia any more. Telling me what to wear or not to wear is not something anyone is allowed to do. I would never go to church in shorts, but I might wear something that the OP would think is too revealing. It sounds as if I would need to wear a long cotton dress with a high neck and long sleeves to please him.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I would never go to church in shorts, but I might wear something that the OP would think is too revealing. It sounds as if I would need to wear a long cotton dress with a high neck and long sleeves to please him.
I would agree with the OP if he was against girls wearing clothes which are "out of place" revealing for the purpose of attracting attention in church. However, Yoga pants don't seem to cut this definition.

I am sure most people would be displeased if someone shows up to church in a bikini, since it is well out of place and the person wearing such clothes to church most likely does it with the intent to attract attention. There are equally comfortable alternatives which are more modest.

However, common place clothes like tank tops with knee length shorts or skirts are perfectly acceptable in most places of worship. Such clothes are not "out of place" revealing and are worn for comfort. Yoga pants, T shirts, jeans, mini dresses, ect... belong to this category.

No need to go long sleeves, though its the preferred option up here this Sunday (Predicted high is right around Freezing) .

Old 11-26-2013, 12:29 PM

293 posts, read 469,204 times
Teenagers dress like teenagers. College students dress like college students. Should every Christian girl dress like Amy Adams in the Master?

Old 11-26-2013, 03:02 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I am sure most people would be displeased if someone shows up to church in a bikini, since it is well out of place and the person wearing such clothes to church most likely does it with the intent to attract attention. There are equally comfortable alternatives which are more modest.
You keep bringing up wearing a bikini in church as if this is something people actually do...

Old 11-27-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
You keep bringing up wearing a bikini in church as if this is something people actually do...
Just giving an example of what is seriously out of place considering the situation at hand. I know most people don't do this and have some degree of modesty while going to church.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:14 PM

439 posts, read 426,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leco18 View Post
I don't think dressing like that is right, for doing church stuff, is it? Christian girls dressing like this? Is that Christian-like? I don't think it is!
You are correct, it's not right for them to dress like that when they are doing "church stuff". It's not right for them to dress like that period. No matter the age or gender. When attending a church you should always dress appropriately...IN AND OUT OF CHURCH! (I think people should dress modestly regardless of going church!) How you dress sets you apart from the world. You can still be stylish and modest at the same time. How someone dresses shows the level of respect you have for yourself, your parent(s)/legal guardian(s), your church, the opposite sex and God.

HOW IT EFFECTS:

Yourself - Dressing inappropriately gives the impression you need attention. Shows a lack of respect for your body, because your body is your temple.
Your Parent(s)/Legal Guardian(s) - Respect your caregivers. From personal experience, I've seen many people, both male and female, dressing inappropriately. The thought that always goes through my mind is, "Did the parents really let them go out dressed like that?" How you dress reflects onto your caregivers.
Your Church - Shows complete disrespect to your church, your pastor and his wife and any other leader you have such as a youth pastor or a teacher you sit under.
The Opposite Sex - Dressing inappropriately puts a target on the areas you're exposing or accentuating. Because we are all sinful beings, we have desires and impure thoughts. You are causing the opposite sex to desire you or lust after you. Especially the males. Their desires are much stronger than a females. They will think impure thoughts unintentionally. Immoral and lustful thoughts are sinful. Out of respect for the opposite sex, you should not cause them to sin.
God - If you consider yourself a church goer, you need to be mindful of how you dress when you step into God's house. Standing on holy ground is sacred and you should dress accordingly. God is your Creator, He gave you a wonderful body. Your body is to remain yours until marriage, then you share it with your spouse. Until then, cover up, don't wear tight fitted clothing and be modest yet stylish.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:31 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown0830 View Post
You are correct, it's not right for them to dress like that when they are doing "church stuff". It's not right for them to dress like that period. No matter the age or gender. When attending a church you should always dress appropriately...IN AND OUT OF CHURCH! (I think people should dress modestly regardless of going church!) How you dress sets you apart from the world. You can still be stylish and modest at the same time. How someone dresses shows the level of respect you have for yourself, your parent(s)/legal guardian(s), your church, the opposite sex and God.

HOW IT EFFECTS:

Yourself - Dressing inappropriately gives the impression you need attention. Shows a lack of respect for your body, because your body is your temple.
Your Parent(s)/Legal Guardian(s) - Respect your caregivers. From personal experience, I've seen many people, both male and female, dressing inappropriately. The thought that always goes through my mind is, "Did the parents really let them go out dressed like that?" How you dress reflects onto your caregivers.
Your Church - Shows complete disrespect to your church, your pastor and his wife and any other leader you have such as a youth pastor or a teacher you sit under.
The Opposite Sex - Dressing inappropriately puts a target on the areas you're exposing or accentuating. Because we are all sinful beings, we have desires and impure thoughts. You are causing the opposite sex to desire you or lust after you. Especially the males. Their desires are much stronger than a females. They will think impure thoughts unintentionally. Immoral and lustful thoughts are sinful. Out of respect for the opposite sex, you should not cause them to sin.
God - If you consider yourself a church goer, you need to be mindful of how you dress when you step into God's house. Standing on holy ground is sacred and you should dress accordingly. God is your Creator, He gave you a wonderful body. Your body is to remain yours until marriage, then you share it with your spouse. Until then, cover up, don't wear tight fitted clothing and be modest yet stylish.
I find it strange that people who are not Christain write such elaborate posts about this topic.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:10 PM

439 posts, read 426,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I find it strange that people who are not Christain write such elaborate posts about this topic.
I'm sorry, did I hit a nerve or something?

I am a Christian, even though that word sours in my mouth when I say it. So many people claim to be Christian these days, yet they don't live the life of a Christian. It gives us real Christians a bad name. No wonder there is such a hatred for Christianity in our world these days. And because there are judgmental eyes watching our every move and action, yes, I do think I deserve the right to make an elaborate post like that. We have to set an example to the world. We can't do that if our flesh is hanging out of every crevice or if we wear something 2 sizes too small or too short.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:00 AM

317 posts, read 528,178 times
Hey JBrown the Muslim women have the right idea being covered from head to toe yes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty