Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 06:20 AM

675 posts, read 1,700,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
Noses are evil disgusting creatures that take up your face, and ruin all your good feature. Noses are like big boobs, people will stare at them when talking to you.

I wish we all looked like Voldermort.
Yikes! If that's how you feel about your nose I'd recommend a therapist long before a plastic surgeon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Over time I realized what needed to change was me and how I viewed myself and once I came to accept the fact I was ok, the nose deal faded away... ......Today I can say I'm thankful I never went under the knife, when I look in the mirror I see my family members who are no longer with us, it a friendly reminder of them, a sense I'm never without them! .... Plus my children would not resemble me....
This. I've got a real Cyrano nose - not always the most attractive on a woman - and now that I have kids I'm so glad I never did anything to change it. It's my nose but also my kids' nose, how would they feel about themselves if I thought a feature that they share with me was too ugly? Plus now that I've lost my grandparents I love seeing a little bit of them when I look in the mirror, too.

Don't underestimate the power of a distinctive nose on an otherwise attractive person. It actually makes you, in a way, more attractive. It's easy to attract people if you look like the perfect ideal, but if you have this "flaw" and people are still attracted to you, how much more winning must you be? Think of Cindy Crawford's mole, Lauren Hutton's gap tooth, Barbra Streisand's nose, etc. In their heyday they were all on the top of the celebrity food chain.

P.S. WildCard you look awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 06:20 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,781,844 times
It's true. Appearances count, and facial appearance counts a LOT. The nose really does matter tremendously.

My mom, who REALLY didn't like to spend money, when I brought up the subject of my big hook nose as a teen, said that she and my father were prepared to pay for a nose job for me if I wanted it. I could tell that they had discussed it beforehand, and had decided NOT to broach the subject with me, out of sensitivity, but to wait for me to ask. I then decided against it, and I think that it was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I'm not the kind of person who fusses with my appearance, don't usually bother with makeup. But I've been self-conscious about my nose all my life, and I do think that it had a negative effect on dating opportunities, possibly even professionally. At this point in my life, I don't feel like it's worth going through with it. But I sure wish I had done it as a teen.

Recently, I saw a performance where the young actress was just fantastic. But she had an ugly nose, and for the first part of the performance, I couldn't even focus on and appreciate her performing - I was simply distracted by her ugly nose!

Now my own teen daughter is at the point of deciding on this. I know that she will make the same decision that I did, for the same reasons. She will feel that it's not right that she should have to surgically alter her appearance to please others, that people should just accept her as she is. Fortunately, her nose is a little less of an issue on her face than mine was on mine. She's also quite beautiful, even with the hook nose. But I so wish that I could convince her to have the nose job. It will make a difference in her life. I don't want her to repeat my mistake. But I'm unwilling to push her, because of course it is her decision.

I really do feel that the nose is crucial to someone's appearance, certainly more so than thin lips or flat buttocks, or small breasts.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:27 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Only to a shallow person, why would you or anyone want spend your time and life amongst such persons?? I've not once ever have a man say anything negative about my nose,ever ! Nor has it gotten in the way of job offers or living this life... Just from what your saying, it sounds like this goes way deeper than a nose issue...Unless you get to the heart that issue resovle , you'll never be fix....
You don't know what you aren't aware of.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:32 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Btw,if you don't have that much money,you can head to a 3rd world country and get it done for $2000. The Dominican Republic is one,and Brazil the other.

Speaking of 3rd world countries,Brazil gives it poor citizens free plastic surgery.
The reason: Why shouldn't the poor be beautiful too?

Old 11-11-2013, 01:09 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
You don't know what you aren't aware of.

If they did say or think something behind my back, so what! I'm married to a hot Italian with a perfect small straight nose, he love my nose thinks it's sexy... Plus a cute button nosed would never fit my wild twisted humor side..People need love themselves, flaws and all.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty