Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 10:17 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,664,093 times

Advertisements

Not that it has to do with the thread but personally i am repulsed by body hair. Has nothing to do with kids or anything else. Maturity imo comes from your attitude and other factors, not how much body hair you have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 11:23 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,617,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Not that it has to do with the thread but personally i am repulsed by body hair. Has nothing to do with kids or anything else. Maturity imo comes from your attitude and other factors, not how much body hair you have.
I agree 100%. I hate body hair too. It has nothing to do with maturity or wanting someone to look like an adolescent. At least with me.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:30 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,196,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I don't think the male form is being desexualized, just look at Dancing With The Stars, TV shows, films, etc. that always take every opportunity for a man to take his shirt off. It's all about men having a six pack now.....something we didn't hear much about in my day. It's men's legs which seem to have become taboo for some strange reason I will never understand.

I don't think today's young women are against men shaving and waxing. In my day men never dreamed of shaving their chests.....now it seems all men do it. WHY? It's effeminate, IMO.

And, nowadays, both men and women are expected to shave their pubic hair.....what's up with that?.......making men and women resemble pre teens? Kinda creepy.....why would you want your sexual partner to resemble a child down there? ICK.

People say men wearing mid thigh shorts is gay.....yet a man shaving off all of his body hair isn't?
^^^^Never found a man's legs taboo either. But what does surprise me is that men now feel it's
taboo to have body hair too (and I'm including their legs and by their naughty bits). As for women,
I've talked to some who found it repulsive to have some hair on their arms (and that hair looked
like light peach fuzz).

Will the Full Bush Trend Continue Into Summer? Why Waxing is Getting Even More Complicated*|*Bustle

Old 05-07-2014, 07:36 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,664,093 times
Some people wish it was the 80's; Some people wish it was the 70s.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:33 PM

15,582 posts, read 10,312,356 times
You can tell how old a man is by the length of his shorts. With each decade in age over 20, the length gets about 6 inches shorter. Boys wear shorts that look like baggy capris.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:48 PM

537 posts, read 729,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemba View Post
I have wanted to ask this for a while, but held back because I figured the answer would come in the other mens shorts threads. While the trend has been for men to wear long, baggy shorts to the knee and below, I have felt more comfortable in mid-thigh length or slightly longer shorts, but above the knee. I am NOT talking about upper thigh length. I have read several things online about men who choose to wear shorter shorts and the constant harassment they face for doing so, from people laughing to making comments to even taking pictures and posting them online. In most of the posts I have read the person claimed that it was a young female making fun of them. In my personal experience, I have overheard rude comments made from one person to another and have had people giggle. I would say that with 1 exception, the people were all female and usually late teens to about 30. I don't mean to bring race into it, but most have been Hispanic and Black females. Some of the posters on the sites that I read stated that also. The incident that took place today is what inspired me to ask this question. It was very warm today where I am, so I decided to wear mid-thigh shorts. I noticed in the parking lot of a business that a young woman was looking at me and when I was walking back into the store, I turned around and there she had her phone, turned sideways, up to eye level and taking a picture of me. I ask for respectful replies only, but unless I am mistaken, why is it that a lot of women have a real problem with men wearing regular shorts. Notice I didn't say all women because I know that it is certainly not the case.
It's because people don't have a mind of their own and think that everybody should have the herd mentality that they possess. They think everybody should dress the same, act the same, talk the same, etc.

I'm a woman and have no problem with men wearing REAL shorts. The things they wear today are like big balloon pedal pushers.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:50 PM

102,092 posts, read 107,197,582 times
I thought men wearing above-the-knee shorts was a regular thing. I don't know what you're talking about, OP. Cargo shorts for men a few inches above the knee are everywhere, and have been for, IDK, at least the last 20 years, roughly. Mid-thigh length? That's a little more iffy. That sounds like a length more appropriate for women. Are you older? If you're maybe 45+, especially 50+, that might be why people were smirking, considering it was mostly 20-something women, you say. Just a dumb young-people reaction. Plus the somewhat radically short length.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:31 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,893,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
you can tell how old a man is by the length of his shorts. With each decade in age over 20, the length gets about 6 inches shorter. Boys wear shorts that look like baggy capris.
I don't ever see above the knee snorts except on very fast growing little boys, or much older men.

But it really is up to the guy. I'm not offended by a man's legs, no.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:18 PM

6,220 posts, read 3,578,126 times
I don't know I like men's legs. The longer the shorts the frumpier and sloppier they look to me. They don't have to expose most of the thigh like the shorts from the 70's and 80's but should expose the knee. Otherwise I think of them less as shorts and more as cut-off pants.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:59 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,162,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemba View Post
The weird thing is that some of these women are old enough to remember when men really did wear short shorts and it was fashionable.
Yep, I am one of those women. My husband wore short shorts in the 80s and 90s. It's funny to pull out old pictures now and see that. He wouldn't be caught dead like that now. Now he wears shorts that come just to his knee or slightly below. They look much better!

I wore short shorts once too. Now I wear either Bermuda shorts or (more often) capris.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty