Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 11:21 AM

34 posts, read 80,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

I prefer the flannel pants and shirt, or the flannel pants with a flannel robe...and slippers, of course!
Maybe bring along one of your stuffed animal friends, too.
lol I dont know about all that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 11:54 AM

15,546 posts, read 11,971,143 times
Quote:
I agree with wearing nice pajamas out to stores, not those ghetto slobs in the example pictures.
But why? Would you not have more appropriate closes to wear out in public? Why would you even want to wear your pajamas out and about? Then they'll be dirty, and you can't actually wear them to bed. It just seems lazy to wear pajamas out to the store, like its so hard to take two minutes out of your day to actually get dressed and look somewhat decent.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:10 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,172,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
But why? Would you not have more appropriate closes to wear out in public? Why would you even want to wear your pajamas out and about? Then they'll be dirty, and you can't actually wear them to bed. It just seems lazy to wear pajamas out to the store, like its so hard to take two minutes out of your day to actually get dressed and look somewhat decent.
I agree wholeheartedly. It takes 30 seconds to slip on a pair of khaki shorts or jeans. Why don't guys do it. Loose Pajama pants (sometimes with the strings at front untucked ) in public make you look like a douche.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:21 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,761,477 times
There's also the real possibility that a some of the people you see at the grocery store in their pajamas aren't feeling well enough to get dressed. Sometimes you've got to pick up your prescription or get some Nyquil. Or you're feeling like crud but you've still got to cook dinner for the kids.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:22 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,624,962 times
My grocery store is less than a mile from my apartment. Every time I go I fix my hair, put on makep, and dress nicely. I just feel better having done these things. Besides, then I'm ready for the day if I go out again. I would never wear pajamas anywhere other than at home. I don't know what's up with that....laziness? Of course when you really think about it, some of the attire folks are wearing nowadays isn't much better....baggy pants showing your underwear, sleazy tops showing bra straps....

Old 11-12-2013, 12:35 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,615,221 times
Quote:
I agree with wearing nice pajamas out to stores, not those ghetto slobs in the example pictures.
Sorry, but there are no distinctions or nuances to be made here. You either are fine with pajamas in public or you aren't. There's no such thing as nice and then slob-like pajamas when it comes to wearing them outside of your own home.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:10 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,562,278 times
I live near an international tourist destination, Yellowstone National Park. Visitors stock up on snacks, souvenirs, etc. at our local Walmart and patronize all sorts of other stores. Needless to say, local people also shop at Walmart and the rest of the retailers. I can say that apart from very small children, young enough to carry Teddy bears, I have never seen anyone wearing pajamas. Perhaps the air here contains something that gives people self-respect. But this certainly isn't a formal area; cowboy boots and jeans abound. Am I in a strange area or are those who see the pajama people in their neighborhoods? I'm inclined to believe that the pajama phenomenon. is either regional or based on some other characteristic of the population; but I can't imagine what.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:15 PM

285 posts, read 425,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Well I prefer PJ's and robes...I'm old have earn that right~~
youre beautiful

Old 11-12-2013, 01:28 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,971,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
There's also the real possibility that a some of the people you see at the grocery store in their pajamas aren't feeling well enough to get dressed. Sometimes you've got to pick up your prescription or get some Nyquil. Or you're feeling like crud but you've still got to cook dinner for the kids.
It takes more effort to go to the store then it does to get dressed. If you are that sick that you can't even put on a pair of pants and a shirt, then you have no business being around other people and spreading your germs around. If you are that sick that you cannot even dress yourself then go to the doctor, not grocery shopping.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:39 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,883,738 times
I have been pretty sick but if I can leave the house, I am able to put on clothes and shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty