Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 01:46 PM

91 posts, read 231,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
Even if one can pad the butt and push bras up, the hips will be a dead giveaway. It's difficult to fake the hourglass figure.
So hips are defines if someone is curvy? Or is it an hourglass figure?

You do get there's a difference?

Previous post you mentioned that you had to be a C cup to be considered curvy by your own definition... That was my point that certain factors may not be known.

I actually agree with you though that the waist to hip ratio is what decides who's curvy and who's not....

But anyone with a pear skittle vase hourglass cello or bell type body shape would be considered curvy because of that.

I personally consider myself curvy due to this logic. And quite frankly with a push up bra most girls could feign an hourglass figure of they have a pear shape or any shape with wide hips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 01:57 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,580,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Not curvy. IMO if you have lovehandles, you are overweight or chubby and NOT curvy.

WELL, let me correct it. There is one curve,hanging out between the legs.
I had love handles when I was clinically underweight.

For some odd reason, fat accumulates there no matter what I weight and I've even had personal trainers say the only way I could get rid of it was by liposuction. Thus is life.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
"Curvy" is best exemplified by choice #3.

And if you don't choose option 3, you are obviously a homosexual.

I would tear that up.

I didn't know she'd be considered curvy... Her waist is pretty proportional to her hips. I thought curvy would be example 2's waist with example 3's bottom half.
That's more if what I'd identify my own body shape to be like. My bust size though is like example one's maybe a tad bigger. Lol so I'm all three basically.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

For some odd reason, fat accumulates there no matter what I weight and I've even had personal trainers say the only way I could get rid of it was by liposuction. Thus is life.
I used to not have lovehandles in high school. But I balanced out in my late teens.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:10 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,462,499 times
Curvy is Jennifer Lopez and Kim K.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:13 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,462,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
"Curvy" is best exemplified by choice #3.

And if you don't choose option 3, you are obviously a homosexual.

I would tear that up.
Choice 3 has a womanly figure. I think she is the most appealing. I cannot tell if she has an hour glass figure.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:25 PM

20,705 posts, read 19,880,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Then you either didn't eat healthy, have a medical condition or belong to the very few % of people who are just like that. There is always some exceptions.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:25 PM
hvl

403 posts, read 550,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyrue21 View Post
I'm just curious. I was reading a thread where some people said Christina Hendrick's body was shaped womanly or like a normal woman? I always thought womanly figures would be something like my own figure. For 1, Christina Hendricks hips aren't even all that prominent. I thought people like Shakira Alicia Keys Beyonce Jennifer Lopez lady gaga or even Kim Kardashian would be more of an example of what a womanly or curvy figure is. I was always told I had a womanly figure and I'm 116 lbs and 5'0". I sometimes got called chubby because I don't have a body like the above example like I used to in high school. I have lovehandles but my hips are as wide as kim kardashian's (32B-27-39). I don't get is womanly a different term than curvy? Is womanly another way to say chubby? Opinions?
There are no real definitions for those terms. Everyone uses them in their own way and they're kind of useless.

Christina Hendricks definitely looks curvy, shapely and voluptuous to me.
Christina Hendricks does have hips If i recall well. She has a very flat butt though but she's basically a very classically beautiful White woman. European beauty standards never cared for butts very much but they did emphasize breasts and hips and Christina has those in abundance.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:31 PM
hvl

403 posts, read 550,562 times
woman #3 is sizzling.
woman #2 is far behind woman #3 but she's still good looking.
I might find woman #1 hot is she has a nice personality

For some reason, in places like France and Italy they'd say that woman #3 is obese.
I'm glad my taste is more american.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Then you either didn't eat healthy, have a medical condition or belong to the very few % of people who are just like that. There is always some exceptions.
Not always I think you're thinking about muffin tops.

This women have figures similar to mine. Only my waist is a tad thicker

Not extreme but definitely not a perfect stomach.

This is what a 27" waist looks like.

Last edited by Lilyrue21; 11-11-2013 at 03:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty