Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 02:46 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,961,186 times

Advertisements

HUH? Looks near perfect to me

These are BIG lovehandles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 02:49 PM

91 posts, read 232,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvl View Post
There are no real definitions for those terms. Everyone uses them in their own way and they're kind of useless.

Christina Hendricks definitely looks curvy, shapely and voluptuous to me.
Christina Hendricks does have hips If i recall well. She has a very flat butt though but she's basically a very classically beautiful White woman. European beauty standards never cared for butts very much but they did emphasize breasts and hips and Christina has those in abundance.
She has a lot of breasts hips and tummy.... With a corset her breasts and hips look large but in reality they aren't that much bigger than her waist IMO. But then again I come from a family that's very hippy so that may be why average hips don't look that curvy to me. I always thought to have big hips your waist has to be a lot smaller. Not every white has a flat butt either. My cousin is all booty and she's white.

Last edited by Lilyrue21; 11-11-2013 at 02:58 PM..

Old 11-11-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
HUH? Looks near perfect to me

These are BIG lovehandles
Those aren't lovehandles... That's a muffin top.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:58 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,372,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyrue21 View Post
Those aren't lovehandles... That's a muffin top.
It's only a muffin top because she's wearing pants that don't fit. Under normal circumstances those are love handles.

OP, what exactly is the point of this thread? Are you hoping that strangers on the internet will tell you you're hot?

Old 11-11-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's only a muffin top because she's wearing pants that don't fit. Under normal circumstances those are love handles.
Well no matter size jean I wear don't get a spill. If your belly spills over your jeans then that's a spill. Plus IMO 28" waist is where muffin tops tend to start that stomach looks like 30". IMO.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post

OP, what exactly is the point of this thread? Are you hoping that strangers on the internet will tell you you're hot?
No I was actually just curious what curvy actually meant now I've gathered it's a varied definition. That's why Christina Hendricks can be considered curvy while many others would say beyonce was considered curvy and much smaller. So I guess I got my answer by varied answers on this thread.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:06 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,238,148 times
My last girlfriend was 5'1" with the following measurements: 34DD-27-42.

She was as close to perfect as could be, at least for me.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:07 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,727,802 times
Quote:
I'm just curious. I was reading a thread where some people said Christina Hendrick's body was shaped womanly or like a normal woman? I always thought womanly figures would be something like my own figure. For 1, Christina Hendricks hips aren't even all that prominent. I thought people like Shakira Alicia Keys Beyonce Jennifer Lopez lady gaga or even Kim Kardashian would be more of an example of what a womanly or curvy figure is. I was always told I had a womanly figure and I'm 116 lbs and 5'0". I sometimes got called chubby because I don't have a body like the above example like I used to in high school. I have lovehandles but my hips are as wide as kim kardashian's (32B-27-39). I don't get is womanly a different term than curvy? Is womanly another way to say chubby? Opinions?
IMO, the ladies you mentioned have what I call "thin-curvy" figures. They have a bust, hips but not a lot of heft on the arms and legs, so they are certainly not overweight.

I consider Hendricks to be more "thick-curvy" because even though she is a substantial woman, she is in shape. Obesity has NOT taken over the curves and made her shapeless. The curves and the toning dominate so she can legitimately be called "curvy" No, no, no way is this woman "fat" Nah-ah.

Womanly is not another way to say chubby, because chubby implies some excess of fat. I would think womanly is more where the woman definitely has curves, but they are toned, not jiggly or flabby..and I believe the waist and flat stomach is really makes the womanly figure stand out and be admired as the ideal as far as being/looking very feminine is concerned. An "hourglass" has a proportionately smaller part to its bigger parts, and on the female form that smaller part for the hourglass figure should be the smaller waist and flat stomach. It kind of annoys me to hear a woman with a large stomach or potbelly describe herself as "curvy" She's kind of flattering herself, really. I'm just saying.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:15 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,372,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Womanly is not another way to say chubby, because chubby implies some excess of fat. I would think womanly is more where the woman definitely has curves, but they are toned, not jiggly or flabby..and I believe the waist and flat stomach is really makes the womanly figure stand out and be admired as the ideal as far as being/looking very feminine is concerned.
I've always thought of "womanly" as specifically referring to lush, motherly, fertile-type body. She's got breasts and child-bearing hips. Not necessarily Venus of Willendorf, but not a skinny girl.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:49 PM
hvl

403 posts, read 551,803 times
Quote:
She has a lot of breasts hips and tummy.... With a corset her breasts and hips look large but in reality they aren't that much bigger than her waist IMO. But then again I come from a family that's very hippy so that may be why average hips don't look that curvy to me. I always thought to have big hips your waist has to be a lot smaller. Not every white has a flat butt either. My cousin is all booty and she's white.
Of course not all whites have flat butts, just like not all black people have round butts.
I just meant that the traditional euro beauty standard is/was in favour of flat or tiny butts.
That's changing among younger people, I think, which is cool with me lol.

Sounds like when it comes to hips you come from a family of women with very dangerous curves
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty