U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-30-2013, 08:16 AM
 
309 posts, read 439,700 times
Reputation: 1099

Advertisements

OP sounds like she's cold from the inside. More effective to look at the daily diet and modify it to add "warmth" instead of more chilling food choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-30-2013, 11:06 AM
 
4,750 posts, read 3,606,330 times
Reputation: 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlily Pad View Post
OP sounds like she's cold from the inside. More effective to look at the daily diet and modify it to add "warmth" instead of more chilling food choices.
Ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2013, 04:37 PM
 
309 posts, read 439,700 times
Reputation: 1099
For instance, ginger and honey tea. If you drink black tea, these can be added to it. If you eat raw vegetables salad, cut down on that, or replace them with cooked vegetable salad. Or at least try using other dressing such as sesame oil. If you eat meat, red is "warmer" than seafood or white meat. If you do not eat red meat or no meat at all, cook food with ginger helps, too.

Inspect the daily intake of everything, if you eat or drink routinely certain items, try something else to balance out the nutrients and minerals. No artificial sugar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2013, 04:47 PM
 
Location: Northville, MI
11,882 posts, read 11,567,037 times
Reputation: 6331
^^^^
The Original Poster should also consider turning up the heat. From my point of view, layering inside your own home is senseless. You are supposed to feel comfortable at home. I set my heat at a flat 67.5 F. Any lower and I am freezing with a single layer on. I prefer to warm up by doing karate punches & kicks if these conditions still feel chilly .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2013, 09:05 PM
 
Location: Lafayette, LA
3,485 posts, read 2,846,861 times
Reputation: 8031
Down or wool. Or a wool blend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2013, 11:13 PM
 
4,750 posts, read 3,606,330 times
Reputation: 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
^^^^
The Original Poster should also consider turning up the heat. From my point of view, layering inside your own home is senseless. You are supposed to feel comfortable at home. I set my heat at a flat 67.5 F. Any lower and I am freezing with a single layer on. I prefer to warm up by doing karate punches & kicks if these conditions still feel chilly .
Lol, my house stays at 72-F in the winter time and 66 to 68 in the summer time. My house is quite warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlily Pad View Post
For instance, ginger and honey tea. If you drink black tea, these can be added to it. If you eat raw vegetables salad, cut down on that, or replace them with cooked vegetable salad. Or at least try using other dressing such as sesame oil. If you eat meat, red is "warmer" than seafood or white meat. If you do not eat red meat or no meat at all, cook food with ginger helps, too.

Inspect the daily intake of everything, if you eat or drink routinely certain items, try something else to balance out the nutrients and minerals. No artificial sugar.
OOH! The artificial sugar ban is SO difficult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2013, 11:21 PM
 
Location: Northville, MI
11,882 posts, read 11,567,037 times
Reputation: 6331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Lol, my house stays at 72-F in the winter time and 66 to 68 in the summer time. My house is quite warm
I think you meant the other way around. People usually set their summer AC temps higher than winter heater temps. But regardless, do a little physical activity and you will warm up fast.

Wool lined or fur lined coats are the best for warmth in my opinion. I own a south pole scarlet coat lined with black fur on the inside. Its awesome .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2013, 11:50 AM
 
4,750 posts, read 3,606,330 times
Reputation: 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I think you meant the other way around. People usually set their summer AC temps higher than winter heater temps. But regardless, do a little physical activity and you will warm up fast.

Wool lined or fur lined coats are the best for warmth in my opinion. I own a south pole scarlet coat lined with black fur on the inside. Its awesome .
Nope, I just checked. My thermostat is at 75 right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2013, 07:10 PM
 
7,580 posts, read 4,492,286 times
Reputation: 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Nope, I just checked. My thermostat is at 75 right now.
You have my sympathy. I have our heat set at 75. I am freezing and everyone else in the house is sweating. I hate being cold in the winter. It is impossible to get warm. In the summer when I get chilled in the a/c I can go outside to warm up, but in the winter, it is just cold everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:42 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top