U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 06:47 PM

11,882 posts, read 11,573,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I don't think it's possible for a person to say their feet don't sweat. Everything sweats, whether we feel it or not. I cannot imagine a person's feet being enclosed in shoes and their feet never sweat.
Um, not really.

My arms & body almost NEVER sweat or warm up quickly for that reason. It could be in the 70's and I would still be comfortable wearing long sleeve clothes. However, my feet sweat like crazy when covered even if its below freezing outside (like today). My mom is the complete opposite. Her feet are always cold yet arms and body remain warm.

It might be hard to believe, but is the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 10:55 PM

12,408 posts, read 21,005,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I picked out a fresh and clean pair of cotton socks today morning and my feet have started sweating again. I too hate wearing shoes without socks, but why are my feet uncomfortable under socks all the time. Is there any kind of antiperspirant you recommend for sweaty feet.
Make sure your shoes are breathable leather or mesh. You might have to powder your feet to control the dampness -- that's probably what makes you itchy. You can also, when sitting at your desk slip your shoes off and let your feet dry up a little.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:05 PM

11,882 posts, read 11,573,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Make sure your shoes are breathable leather or mesh. You might have to powder your feet to control the dampness -- that's probably what makes you itchy. You can also, when sitting at your desk slip your shoes off and let your feet dry up a little.
Thanks for the Advice

Spoiler
BTW, are you my material science TA's mom. Her name is Tally. Sorry if I am mistaken .

Old 11-21-2013, 09:53 PM

12,408 posts, read 21,005,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Thanks for the Advice

Spoiler
BTW, are you my material science TA's mom. Her name is Tally. Sorry if I am mistaken .
Nope -- Tally (short for Tallulah) is the cat we picked up when she was about 2-3 weeks old from the streets. I had to wake up to feed her kitten formula every night for a week and rub her with a warm washcloth to make her "go". She's 12 years old now, and is the closest thing to a daughter I will have. Cats are like having two year olds forever. She spends a lot of her time glued to me.

Which is why I go by Tallysmom.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:18 PM

3,082 posts, read 2,495,741 times
Possum is the warmest, to dispute a claim a few pages back. I actually have a pair. I enjoy collecting weird items, but I don't much enjoy wearing warm socks. I do really like the feel of silk socks, but their lack of durability has irked me. Argyle is pretty, and I was tempted to buy some while shopping today. Other than that, socks are a nuisance for me, and I think people should go barefoot at home if the temperature allows it.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:23 PM

35,107 posts, read 41,770,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
If you use white vinegar in the liquid fabric softener dispenser of your washer, you'll get a lot of that excess soap out along the way. Vinegar is a rinse agent, and doesn't leave any odor in your clothes. I particularly like to use it for towels.

We use vinegar for every load of laundry.

For the record if I have to wear socks in the morning then take them off when I get home then end up going out again later, I put on a clean pair of socks.
I NEVER wear the same pair of socks after they have been on my feet once until after they are washed again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty