U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 03:39 PM

458 posts, read 553,490 times

Advertisements

Hell no!
White color jackets get dirty as hell during the winter time.
Try cleaning snow off your car while wearing a white colored jacket and see how long you can keep it clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 06:09 PM

3,068 posts, read 2,833,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00
Not sure what the problem would be....

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2da2nd View Post
Sorry I wasn't being clear. I was shopping today and overheard a comment from a woman to her son "don't buy that white jacket, only girls wear light color like that." That's why I asked since I wasn't born in the US.

@Duchamp: yeah, I agree w you. My clothes must be fitted tp the T lol. Where do you find those tweed suits like that? They look classy.

I have several spring jackets, one of which is light blue and another is white. I was born and raised in the US as were my parents, but I understand where you are coming from. Americans are hung up about a man wearing anything that is not drab as that may even remotely signify that he is gay. Well, think what you may; I like to chase women.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:12 PM

811 posts, read 1,071,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I do believe that the OP is talking about outerwear, a coat, when he said a puffer.
NOT a blazer.

BTW - surgeons don't wear white blazers either.....
Among men, a blazer is also called a jacket sometimes.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:39 PM

20,419 posts, read 38,751,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
Perhaps, but a puffer jacket (which the OP specifically asks about) is NEVER a blazer. It is a winter coat.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:45 PM

11,882 posts, read 11,551,526 times
I usually avoid wearing light colors because even minor stains and discolorations can reveal themselves quite a bit. Light color clothes which are worn outside need to be cared for extremely well.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:30 PM

14,652 posts, read 12,075,812 times
I have a light grey wool shell jacket, lined with Muslin, that I really like and wear a lot. I also have a caped, sky blue, wool greatcoat lined with Muslin as well, that I wear in really cold wet weather. I really like this coat! It's warm, holds out water, and covers to below my knees so it keeps out wind.

It draws attention, as its not a type of coat you see every day, but everyone who has commented on it has liked it, light color and all.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:33 PM

2,574 posts, read 4,799,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2da2nd View Post
Sorry I wasn't being clear. I was shopping today and overheard a comment from a woman to her son "don't buy that white jacket, only girls wear light color like that." That's why I asked since I wasn't born in the US.

@Duchamp: yeah, I agree w you. My clothes must be fitted tp the T lol. Where do you find those tweed suits like that? They look classy.
I've never thought light colors were only for girls, but I volunteer at an organization that has a huge festival each year in our town for which we have new tees and sweatshirts designed and printed each year. Last year, the white sweatshirts did NOT sell very well - in any size, for men OR women. A lot of people said they just felt light colors show the dirt too much. So this year they only had dark blue and brown ones made. They sold much better. Light colored tees are no problem. People expect to wash them more often, anyway. But jackets and sweatshirts, not so much.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:16 PM

1,953 posts, read 5,351,376 times
a man wearing a white blazer looks like Col Saunders from KFC or the people that stand outside of retail stores asking for donations for the homeless

the younger the person the more colorful the clothing , the older more mature should wear more neutral or dark colors

in some countries the color of a man's business suit is related to his rank or status in the business world, the CEO or higher ranking executives wear the dark suits

Old 11-19-2013, 03:39 PM

3,276 posts, read 3,856,511 times
Not white or very light for the only reason that dirt would show up really fast. Otherwise, I love all bright colours, light or dark.
My favorite coat is a forest green one.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:02 PM

264 posts, read 629,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Sure. Outerwear doesn't have to be any particular color. I see people wearing different shades and colors of jackets and coats all the time. I have a camel or tan or whatever colored mid length coat that I wear periodically. And black, and dark blue, and gray, and some others.

What on earth does LGBT have to do with your outerwear? Is there a secret society of LGBT-only fashions? Is it segregated into four distinct sub-fashions? What do Ts wear?
There is no such thing as a secret LGBT society, not that I know of, I just want to hear different opinions from different perspectives. Maybe the LGBT has a dress code to identify one another and I don't want to be mistaken. Not that I have something against LGBT, I just simple like women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSloan View Post
Hell no!
White color jackets get dirty as hell during the winter time.
Try cleaning snow off your car while wearing a white colored jacket and see how long you can keep it clean.
I agree with you on that. 3 years lived in Midwest taught me enough of that lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00
Not sure what the problem would be....

I have several spring jackets, one of which is light blue and another is white. I was born and raised in the US as were my parents, but I understand where you are coming from. Americans are hung up about a man wearing anything that is not drab as that may even remotely signify that he is gay. Well, think what you may; I like to chase women.
Thank you for your understanding. The US has different perspective when it comes to color for gender, so I just wondering why the mother say such thing to her son about what color is for specific gender only. I 2nd on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Perhaps, but a puffer jacket (which the OP specifically asks about) is NEVER a blazer. It is a winter coat.
I did meant a puffer as in a coat, but a blazer is also called a jacket
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty