U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 02:20 PM

4,835 posts, read 4,925,947 times

Advertisements

Yes lol. I like those. I have a Columbia fleece and also a North Face fleece jacket. They're both warm. I did not but it for the brand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 03:00 PM

581 posts, read 696,239 times
People are still wearing their North Face Jackets?

What else would you recommend that they do with them, other than the obvious which is to wear them? Pray, please do tell, enlighten us with your cogitations.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:28 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
31,291 posts, read 57,020,600 times
Why would anyone care what brand jacket people are wearing? Mine are mostly Columbia, but I get what I see on sale that I like.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:53 PM

14,545 posts, read 18,064,859 times
My favorite jacket is looking threadbare in the cloth front, and occasionally when we have a really cold night I sleep in it. I'm looking for one which looks a bit less worn but it must be warm and in budget, which is the problem. Sure wish someone who goes to the local thrift shop thought their nice warm, but 'out of date' coat wasn't 'in' enough...

Here people wear things till they cease to function.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:19 PM

6,145 posts, read 6,597,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The OP has stated that he is from suburban MD in other posts. Being "up to date" fashion wise is somewhat of a sub-culture in parts if the area. One reason one school system went almost 100% to uniforms several years ago.
He might care a little more for function over fashion if he lived somewhere that actually gets cold.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:22 PM

34,625 posts, read 43,826,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
He might care a little more for function over fashion if he lived somewhere that actually gets cold.
It will be in the 60's here tomorrow, 50 or so in the morning. My students will come to school with scarves, gloves, a few will be wearing long underwear, and down/fleece winter coats. They will then complain about being uncomfortably hot in class.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
It will be in the 60's here tomorrow, 50 or so in the morning. My students will come to school with scarves, gloves, a few will be wearing long underwear, and down/fleece winter coats. They will then complain about being uncomfortably hot in class.

If it gets into the 60's here tomorrow, plenty of people will be out in shorts and t-shirts. LOL I won't, though. I get cold a lot easier than I used to.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:34 PM

3,814 posts, read 3,929,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Hmmm it doesn't get cold in MD? It was 28 degrees here the other day and I didn't see as many NF coats as I used to about 5 to 8 years ago (hence the OP discussing whether or not NF is still popular or not in your neck of the woods ). Heaven forbid someone actually starts a thread on fashion and fashion critique in the fashion and style subforum. For all of the NF owners that say they don't give a crap, why would you bother to post then in the fashion forum if you don't give a crap about fashion? I get it I get it, the jeans + black NF fleece is safe and conservative. It is pretty much the suburbanite uniform in many parts still.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Hmmm it doesn't get cold in MD? It was 28 degrees here the other day and I didn't see as many NF coats as I used to about 5 to 8 years ago (hence the OP discussing whether or not NF is still popular or not in your neck of the woods ). Heaven forbid someone actually starts a thread on fashion and fashion critique in the fashion and style subforum. For all of the NF owners that say they don't give a crap, why would you bother to post then in the fashion forum if you don't give a crap about fashion? I get it I get it, the jeans + NF fleece is safe and conservative. It is pretty much the suburbanite uniform in many parts still.
Meh, 28 degrees in fall/winter is hardly what I consider cold. I'm sure if I actually paid attention, I would see plenty of NF here but I don't care what brand of clothing people choose to wear. Hell, I may buy some Carhartt gear this year. I will probably need it.

Last time I checked, what is considered fashionable is largely subjective. I'm not sure why someone who likes jeans and fleece jackets and a more casual style shouldn't be allowed to post here. Some people like that style, others don't.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:44 PM

2,880 posts, read 3,567,172 times
Yep I still wear one, it's cold where I live~ Besides cold weather never goes out style lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty