U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 04:58 PM

6,191 posts, read 15,718,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Thank god you're here to keep everyone in their place.
I live to serve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 05:02 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,554,962 times
LOL I'd say naturally ugly is worse as it basically means one has failed to transition to ""fake pretty"". Most people are to a certain extent ""fake pretty"" even celebs. If you see their paparazzi pics at the park & their red carpet pics you question the whole notion of ""natural beauty""

Old 11-17-2013, 06:23 PM

10,604 posts, read 14,663,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
Which is worse???
Naturally ugly but it's a false choice.

Fake pretty infers you have enough of the basic requirements to not be "ugly" and therefore, you are average.

If you look at all the pop stars without makeup that much is obvious!

Naturally ugly would have to be pretty BAD to not be able to glam it up to "average" and that would mean some sad bone structure like totally no chin and bad symmetrics and bad teeth etc. Like those tiny chicklet teeth with huge gums. Talking serious stuff to be "naturally ugly".

Old 11-17-2013, 09:36 PM

4,287 posts, read 3,280,393 times
Quote:
Which is worse???
Fake pretty is worse. I respect honesty and I don't like fakes.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:27 PM

3,015 posts, read 2,870,007 times
Quote:
Which is worse???
Being a natural fake who is pretty ugly

Funny story not sure I ever related this on C-D. In my teens at my first 'payroll' conventional retail job I would often run errands next door to the neighboring convenient plaza deli store for things.

There was a female clerk who worked there who was always very pleasant courteous and was downright physically unattractive - face wise. Body wise she was just about average non descript but her face was homely in a 'Three Stooges' - you marry her (then veil is pulled back and by default Curly gets her cause the others all backed away) way.

Well, at some point in time, I thought she quit as no one saw her for quite a long time. Then sometime months later I'm doing my errand run for goodies and I start talking to this 'new' attractive female clerk. As I'm talking she seems to know more about me than I recall telling her so I sensed something was a little off in my recall and at some point she says, Oh I used to work here but was in a car accident and was in hospital for an extended period. Needless to say, her plastic surgery for her auto accidents made a drastic improvement. So much so that she was quite attractive physically.

So, I guess the moral here is, if you are ugly inside (fake pretty) no amount physical enhancement will make up for the toxic person you may be as it doesn't camouflage the real you (personality / mindset), whereas an ugly person externally may indeed be a beautiful person inside and something drastic could make it vastly better. So you really never know the fickle finger of fate.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:34 PM

2,173 posts, read 1,029,544 times
fake pretty girls are disgusting to me.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:05 AM

6,191 posts, read 15,718,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
Being a natural fake who is pretty ugly

Funny story not sure I ever related this on C-D. In my teens at my first 'payroll' conventional retail job I would often run errands next door to the neighboring convenient plaza deli store for things.

There was a female clerk who worked there who was always very pleasant courteous and was downright physically unattractive - face wise. Body wise she was just about average non descript but her face was homely in a 'Three Stooges' - you marry her (then veil is pulled back and by default Curly gets her cause the others all backed away) way.

Well, at some point in time, I thought she quit as no one saw her for quite a long time. Then sometime months later I'm doing my errand run for goodies and I start talking to this 'new' attractive female clerk. As I'm talking she seems to know more about me than I recall telling her so I sensed something was a little off in my recall and at some point she says, Oh I used to work here but was in a car accident and was in hospital for an extended period. Needless to say, her plastic surgery for her auto accidents made a drastic improvement. So much so that she was quite attractive physically.

So, I guess the moral here is, if you are ugly inside (fake pretty) no amount physical enhancement will make up for the toxic person you may be as it doesn't camouflage the real you (personality / mindset), whereas an ugly person externally may indeed be a beautiful person inside and something drastic could make it vastly better. So you really never know the fickle finger of fate.
This is so true.
Way back in the 1970s, I had a good friend who was, frankly, physically unattractive. Somewhat overweight, bad teeth and a somewhat horse-shaped face. But she was extremely confident, friendly and open personality, just a sort of sparkly and positive person. And you know what, she never lacked for dates and friends. She just transcended her appearance. She was a dating fool, actually. She accentuated her positives, downplayed her negatives (appearance-wise) and her personality made her attractive and apparently desirable to men.

At the same time I had another friend who was really gorgeous - slim, nice figure, long thick hair, beautiful face. But she was painfully shy, not at all confident, extremely introverted. It didn't matter that she was gorgeous - she never dated, did not seem to attract anyone's attention and was always on the fringe of everything. I don't recall her ever getting dates or being happy, actually.

Of course looks matter! But appearance can be transcended, I think. And regardless, by the time a person is over 40 or 50 or 60...you've lost the "looks" advantage and you still have several decades of life left. So you'd better have something else going for you than your appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty