U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-18-2013, 10:41 PM
 
Location: Temporarily, in Limerick
2,898 posts, read 5,344,401 times
Reputation: 3424

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Gals look gorgeous in deep blue shorts as well. Haven't you seen one of those hot babes wearing deep blue denim shorts. I expected outfits like the one below to be quite common in So. Cal.
Sure, many wear those. I do, too. I prefer light blue jeans & guess I'd call your pic either jean shorts or cutoffs. When you said 'deep blue shorts' sans pic, this was my vision (polyester came to mind, for some reason):



No judgment, nothing wrong if that's one's style of choice. Look comfy enough. Just not my fave style on men or women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-18-2013, 11:12 PM
 
Location: Northville, MI
11,882 posts, read 11,551,526 times
Reputation: 6331
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
Sure, many wear those. I do, too. I prefer light blue jeans & guess I'd call your pic either jean shorts or cutoffs. When you said 'deep blue shorts' sans pic, this was my vision (polyester came to mind, for some reason):



No judgment, nothing wrong if that's one's style of choice. Look comfy enough. Just not my fave style on men or women.
I didn't mean those, I was referring to belted Khakis. Those look like swimming trunks and I would never were them for casual wear .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2013, 11:48 PM
 
3 posts, read 1,191 times
Reputation: 10
i like it green shorts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2013, 12:36 AM
 
Location: Ohio
15,515 posts, read 13,956,259 times
Reputation: 21503


My favorite kind of shorts..... I wear them all summer long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2013, 12:46 AM
 
Location: Temporarily, in Limerick
2,898 posts, read 5,344,401 times
Reputation: 3424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
My favorite kind of shorts..... I wear them all summer long.
Do you cut them yourself out of an old pair of jeans? Some girls do a nice job of cutting boys jeans as shorts. I haven't been successful at making my own... I normally cut them crooked. I just buy them when they're on sale for $3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2013, 01:20 AM
 
Location: Ohio
15,515 posts, read 13,956,259 times
Reputation: 21503
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
Do you cut them yourself out of an old pair of jeans? Some girls do a nice job of cutting boys jeans as shorts. I haven't been successful at making my own... I normally cut them crooked. I just buy them when they're on sale for $3.
Sometimes I have cut them from an old pair of jeans, sometimes I have found jean shorts that go all the way to the knee and cut them off......the last few years I have found them that way.

I either wear them fringed or with a cuff.....I like them either way.

As far as getting them straight when you cut them.....I always just eye-balled them and trimmed tiny bits at a time until I was satisfied. I would stand in front of the mirror and mark where I wanted to cut with straight pins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2013, 01:30 AM
 
Location: Temporarily, in Limerick
2,898 posts, read 5,344,401 times
Reputation: 3424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
As far as getting them straight when you cut them.....I always just eye-balled them and trimmed tiny bits at a time until I was satisfied. I would stand in front of the mirror and mark where I wanted to cut with straight pins.
I never once thought of that. I take the scissors, run at them like a loon & chop off he legs in one fell swoop. Do you think that might be my problem, Annie??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2013, 02:05 AM
 
Location: Ohio
15,515 posts, read 13,956,259 times
Reputation: 21503
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
I never once thought of that. I take the scissors, run at them like a loon & chop off he legs in one fell swoop. Do you think that might be my problem, Annie??
A problem? I wouldn't say that.

I think you are a purist of the hippy variety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2013, 04:18 AM
 
Location: Temporarily, in Limerick
2,898 posts, read 5,344,401 times
Reputation: 3424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I think you are a purist of the hippy variety.
Ahaha. Thank you, Annie. I shall wear that label proudly.

Oh, & should we ever cross paths, you'll be able to spot me... by my crooked cutoffs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2013, 04:44 AM
 
33,118 posts, read 34,076,089 times
Reputation: 15570
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I don't ever wear shorts unless I'm exercising, and even then, rarely.
I too rarely wear shorts as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top