U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 02:11 AM

175 posts, read 236,905 times

Advertisements

OP sounds bitter.

If 1 person is really attractive but has the personality or intelligence of a paper bag, and 1 person is below average looking (classed as ugly) but is confident, has high self esteem, is charismatic, driven, ambitious and has an awesome personality guess which one will have more relationship success? I'll give you a hint - its not the first one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 06:20 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,603,836 times
A lot of ugly people are very depressed and don't want to be here just as much as others don't want them here

It's one case where painless euthanasia should be available to those who cannot live with their appearance but who are guilted into staying. I feel that many would take that option rather than a lifetime of loneliness and rejection.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:53 AM

428 posts, read 378,950 times
If that is the case then why so many less attractive guys in my college get laid all the time ? Lol. I have been asked out by lots of attractive girls in my college but i have no interest in relationships at all. I am not super attractive either.You know what matters the most, your PERSONALITY. And if you think you have no chance of getting an attractive girl just because you are less attractive then you are my friend live in denial. Women love MONEY. When i ask my friend about his secret of getting laid so many times , he always say " money ". He is rich and he spend lots of money in his girlfriends and that is why he is attractive to girls. Ugliness don't define YOU. I love those people who are good from heart. Who cares how they look like ? Beauty fades over time.Cheers man.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:28 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,421,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Everyone acts like ugliness isn't a big deal. People act as if ugliness doesn't play a major part or hindrance in less attractive people's lives. People get treated on how they look. Attractive people get more privileges and get away with alot more things in general then their less attractive counterparts.

Superficial beauty is ingrained in our society to be the most important quality in people.

Why do people deny this? Is the truth to harsh to bare?

Less attractive men have less active sex lives, fewer friends and on average make less money.
This statement is objective.
Whats my point?

The truth is most people care about what someone looks like then what they have to say. As long as your not a total nut job, or mentally handicapped the better you look the better your life will be as long as you have common sense and some wit about you.

If your one of those 30 year old virgins maybe the problem isn't your game, maybe the problem is in the mirror.

In fact alot of people HATE ugly people just for the mere fact your ugly. They do not want to be associated with them, talk to them, touch them, or even acknowledge them. Women especially hate ugly men especially the really attractive women.

What society also doesn't tell you is that someone who is deemed ugly is permanently ugly which is also a lie. Unless you are physically deformed EVERYONE has the potential to look good. EVERYONE HAS UNIQUE CHARACTERISTICS AND AN INNER BEAUTY THAT CAN BE BROUGHT TO LIFE WITH PROPER MAINTENANCE. Imagine Hallie berry with acne all over her face, discolored teeth, discolored skin, and overweight with stretch marks. She has to maintain her image. Cosmetics has come a LOOONg way. I'm not talking nose jobs or lipal suction. I'm talking about braces or teeth whitening. Hitting the gym and using the proper facial cleaner products.

The point is....society is focused on how you present yourself and what you look like. Now bring on the flames and denial.
I could add some stories from my own life but you made your point and I agree.

The question for me is not whether such discrimination exists but to what extent and how many people practice it to what extent?

Since you are bringing it up, I guess that you don't discriminate persons for friendship, work, and etc based on looks. Kudos to you.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:29 AM

23,061 posts, read 24,959,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't know anyone who hates ugly people because they are ugly. Maybe high school kids but beyond that - I don't think so. Is life easier if you are more attractive? Yes. Is life doomed if you are not attractive? Only if you let it be.
And to add to that I rarely see anyone who I'd call outright "ugly." Not everyone is a swimsuit model, but most people fall into the giant bell curve of average for looks. And besides, most of the time when someone is ugly it has more to do with their personality than their appearance.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:30 AM

2,038 posts, read 2,076,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach234 View Post
i disagree.

beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

what i consider ugly may not be your ugly.
what you consider beauty may not be my standard of beauty.

for example these two

therefore, you have no point.
Hey I know that guy, that's Sugey!!!

Old 11-20-2013, 09:31 AM

1,661 posts, read 2,055,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
There's an old expression...

pretty is as pretty does.

I can't speak for all of society, and yes I know there are plenty of superficial folks in it who put too much importance on physical looks, but I personally live by that expression above.

I find folks attractive based on who they are, not what they look like. I am not the only one.
I think the expression is actually "Stupid is as stupid does" and its from the movie Forrest Gump

Old 11-20-2013, 09:48 AM

772 posts, read 844,813 times
Princewilla speaks.

So, why are you looking at the relationship forum when you don't want a relationship?

The secret you say to getting women is MONEY. Superficial men with money CAN get superficial women. This is no SECRET.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:01 AM

2,761 posts, read 4,240,301 times
Quote:
Everyone acts like ugliness isn't a big deal. People act as if ugliness doesn't play a major part or hindrance in less attractive people's lives. People get treated on how they look. Attractive people get more privileges and get away with alot more things in general then their less attractive counterparts.

Superficial beauty is ingrained in our society to be the most important quality in people.

Why do people deny this? Is the truth to harsh to bare?

Less attractive men have less active sex lives, fewer friends and on average make less money.
Whats my point?

The truth is most people care about what someone looks like then what they have to say. As long as your not a total nut job, or mentally handicapped the better you look the better your life will be as long as you have common sense and some wit about you.

If your one of those 30 year old virgins maybe the problem isn't your game, maybe the problem is in the mirror.

In fact alot of people HATE ugly people just for the mere fact your ugly. They do not want to be associated with them, talk to them, touch them, or even acknowledge them. Women especially hate ugly men especially the really attractive women.

What society also doesn't tell you is that someone who is deemed ugly is permanently ugly which is also a lie. Unless you are physically deformed EVERYONE has the potential to look good. EVERYONE HAS UNIQUE CHARACTERISTICS AND AN INNER BEAUTY THAT CAN BE BROUGHT TO LIFE WITH PROPER MAINTENANCE. Imagine Hallie berry with acne all over her face, discolored teeth, discolored skin, and overweight with stretch marks. She has to maintain her image. Cosmetics has come a LOOONg way. I'm not talking nose jobs or lipal suction. I'm talking about braces or teeth whitening. Hitting the gym and using the proper facial cleaner products.

The point is....society is focused on how you present yourself and what you look like. Now bring on the flames and denial.
People will deny your claim.
But, not much can be done about it. If someone is unattractive, typically a major major change in their appearance will change their beauty.

If someones grill is flat out unattractive, they will have to be better than most people in personality, temperment, smarts, and social skills.
Also, if mommy and daddy tell the ugly ducking their whole life how beautiful they are, and they never blossom into a swan, they may never actually know how unattractive they are.
It's a catch 22.
Unattractive person, "I'm a good person, with social skills and smarts and personality. Why can't I get a date?"
Attractive person, "work on your game brah"

Meanwhile, attractive person stands there while women chase him. And yet, attractive person denies or is clueless that not everyone gets pursued like them. Especially if it is a guy. Hot guys typically seem totally clueless as to how the game actually works. And they will argue this till their grave. "I have game brah! Step up!"

An unattractive guy needs probably triple the game as an attractive guy to attract women.

In a fairy tale, nice world, an unattractive guy would approach a woman, and she would reject him nicely and without embarrassing him.
But, due to some guys and their over-persistence combined with the social anxiety that many people have but hide, they sometimes reject guys very rudely to get the point across.
So if you are unattractive, it's a catch 22. If you do nothing, chances are, you wont date. If you approach often, expect a lot of rejection, sprinkled with the occasional rude comment/rejection.

At the end of the day, society sells beauty. Men and women all want attractive partners. Nothing new there.

And simply, if you aren't considered attractive, don't be co-dependant, cause you will never be satisfied that way.

I sometimes wonder if people fail to realize how rude they can be. I'm sure I've been there without realizing it. We probably all have.

Last edited by AverageGuy2006; 11-20-2013 at 10:40 AM..

Old 11-20-2013, 10:02 AM

16,898 posts, read 13,615,487 times
Quote:
Whats my point?

Huh? I see lots of women who are less attractive, greasy hair, mustach, 200+ lbs and have loving husbands. I am in shape, no facial hair and I am single.

The only difference for me is that I get away with speeding tickets and my boss makes perverted comments all day. No pay raises though.

I think more overweight and unattractive people act snippy and mean towards attractive people and not vice versa. Why would an attractive person hate less attractive people? Doesn't make sense.

I don't mind being around less attractive people. I just don't like when overweight people eat all day and then complain about being overweight. Or guys with big beards wonder why they can't find a date.

I even go that far saying, that less attractive people have more friends - because they can't rely on looks, they are more funny, more reliable and have a better character = much better people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty