Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 12:44 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
At the end of the day, society sells beauty. Men and women all want attractive partners. Nothing new there.
What defines "attractive" is highly individual, and for some people does not involve physical attractiveness. Or not generally-agreed upon norms of attractiveness. Not everyone goes around holding the people they meet to a standard, and rejecting the ones who don't meet it. That's just not the way it works for a significant chunk of the population.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 11-21-2013 at 01:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 04:15 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,312,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
I think ugly people are frowned upon in today's age because there are plenty of ways to correct "ugliness". People are just lazy do not take the initiative. If you are overweight get on a diet, workout and work towards a goal. If you are physical deformed look into getting reconstructive surgery. If you have bad teeth, go to dentist get corrected, so on etc. People can tell by simply looking at others if they TRY or not. It isn't the sight that is ugly, it's the fact that they do not try that is ugly (maybe a little of both). Happiness can overcome ugliness, if other people accept each other for who they are and are happy they will have no problems living the lives they do.

There's also mental/emotional ugliness, but that's a different conversation.
Health club dues and membership fee: $800 per year
Simple rhinoplasty: $4,500
Tooth straightening, whitening, 8 veneers: $15,900

People who accept others as they are: Priceless

Old 11-21-2013, 06:03 PM

50 posts, read 101,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by non-creep View Post
Otherwise known as the United States of America.
You wish. It's spread around.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:27 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,014,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I agree with your premise that attractive people receive better treatment in general, but will add some clarification: what one person finds attractive, another may not so much.

Could it simply be self-confidence? People tend to feel good when they look good and our perceptions of the world is altered based on how we feel.

Piece of meat? Haha, that phrase always reminds of "The Butter Shave" episode of Seinfeld:

Kramer Turkey Scene from "The Butter Shave" - YouTube

Why is it a lie? Could it be perhaps that you have a dull or accusatory personality? I mean, if you talk to "everyday" women and they all tell you the same thing...and your response is that they ARE ALL clearly lying...

Or perhaps, like all of the other guys on here who claim women are "liars", the problem is you, not them.
There lying because all of the guys they date or date are either attractive (no homo)or make alot of money.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:31 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,037,055 times
Im gonna be real with you on this. A few years back while riding a bus from a job interview from the courthouse. I encountered a woman yelling and cursing at her 13 year old daughter. It was kind words f sad but it did hit reality from my observation and experience. The lady said why are you crying becausw you are fat? She said when you get older plenty of men like to @#&* fat women, and fat women always can get a man. But I live in NYC and most men have sex with anything, not to sure about parts of America like the sunbelt were men seem to be more shallow. Even though the mother was harsh to her daughter, she did make a good point. But as for average men, average men will struggle just as much or even more than fat or unattractive women.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
Dude, you live in a highly superficial, anti-cerebral, anti-intellectual culture. What the heck did you expect?
Very true.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I hear your pain and I get the point of the rant but this:

"Women especially hate ugly men especially the really attractive women".

...is BS.

If you are to apply this line of thinking, the other way around is probably much closer to reality.
"Men, especially, hate ugly women. Or fat."

In fact, even those men who are not successful and not attractive themselves feel, somewhere, deep down, that they are entitled to a "cutie".

Show most women a heavy paycheck and a "winner/alpha male" type of attitude and they couldn't care less about how "physically cute" the guy is.
I have to completely disagree with this statement. Ugly women by far get better treatment then ugly men. The statistics even indicate so. Financially okay ugly women are pretty much screwed because on average men get paid more then women.

Dating, relationships and social life ugly men have it the worst. Women tend to get men more attractive or at least as attractive as them. Women have more options then men period on all levels. It's much easier for an ugly women to "get some" then an ugly man.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Im gonna be real with you on this. A few years back while riding a bus from a job interview from the courthouse. I encountered a woman yelling and cursing at her 13 year old daughter. It was kind words f sad but it did hit reality from my observation and experience. The lady said why are you crying becausw you are fat? She said when you get older plenty of men like to @#&* fat women, and fat women always can get a man. But I live in NYC and most men have sex with anything, not to sure about parts of America like the sunbelt were men seem to be more shallow. Even though the mother was harsh to her daughter, she did make a good point. But as for average men, average men will struggle just as much or even more than fat or unattractive women.
Exactly. Ugly men struggle with relations'hips, love and social life and ugly women struggle with money.
Heck at my job the janitor is some old fat hispanic lady and one of the detail ladies is some brutish overweight hispanic chick.
LMAO it just so happens that the sweet jobs cashier went to some sexy asian lady. All she does is tell jokes with the service advisor all day and she makes like 14$ an hr.

All the office ladies are sexy and they make 15$+ an hr/ot doing absolutely nothing all day.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Let's just say, being an unattractive woman is a lot more detrimental than it is for a male.
When it comes to finances yes but when it comes relationships no.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Dude, you live in a highly superficial, anti-cerebral, anti-intellectual culture. What the heck did you expect?
Okay not to go on asian women rant but thats another reason why I would date them over thee other races. Asian women typically favor intelligence, financial status, stability, social etiquette, and outgoingness over pretty eyes, a nice chest, height, and strong shoulders. etc. etc.

They care about what you can present to a conversation, what you drive and if you know how to have fun over superficial looks. As long as your not butt ugly you will turn them on with a master's degree, a sharp suit, a silver tongue and a 80,000 mercedes.

If you really think about it.....they want you for you. There are some asian women who are gold diggers but most want a man with brains, money, respect and who knows how to have a good time. Thats why ALOT of white men are dating asian women and vice versa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty