Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 07:31 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times

Advertisements

Ugly women have it easier relationship wise than ugly or to some extent even average guys. But don't expect an unattractive woman to walk down the aisle anytime soon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 08:34 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Ugly women have it easier relationship wise than ugly or to some extent even average guys. But don't expect an unattractive woman to walk down the aisle anytime soon?
You said it earlier, men will have sex with anyone. But they do not value that person enough for a relationship. I don't know how "easier to get sex" = better relationship outcomes.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:02 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Whew,you average people don't know the half of it!

I get treated very badly customer service because of my looks.

Its the little things that add up that makes it seem like attractive people hate ugly people

Old 11-22-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Im gonna be real with you on this. A few years back while riding a bus from a job interview from the courthouse. I encountered a woman yelling and cursing at her 13 year old daughter. It was kind words f sad but it did hit reality from my observation and experience. The lady said why are you crying becausw you are fat? She said when you get older plenty of men like to @#&* fat women, and fat women always can get a man. But I live in NYC and most men have sex with anything, not to sure about parts of America like the sunbelt were men seem to be more shallow. Even though the mother was harsh to her daughter, she did make a good point. But as for average men, average men will struggle just as much or even more than fat or unattractive women.
I really wish people stop equating fat=unattractive.
I think the main thing that determines ugly is the face.

You really thing very ugly face skinny women get more male attention than fat,attractive faced women?

Old 11-22-2013, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I wonder about guys who complain they are too unattractive and can't get dates. What kind of women do they go after? I see lots of sloppy overweight unattractive people in relationships. But often they are in relationships with other sloppy overweight unattractive people. It's all about being reasonable in your expectations and going after/dating people that are on the same level with you. If you're an overweight coach potato who spends his leisure time eating Cheetos and watching TV, then that's the kind of woman you should go after. I also find it interesting that VERY rarely does a woman ever start a thread here complaining she's ugly and can't get any guys. The ladies here seem in general to be MUCH less focused on looks than guys? Hmm.

There IS someone for everyone, but you have to be reasonable. Make the most of what you have. Not everyone can look like a model, but most people don't sit around being bitter about it.
I was thinking this. Maybe the OP is going after supermodel types?
Why doesn't he go for average or unattractive women?

Old 11-22-2013, 03:31 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I really wish people stop equating fat=unattractive.
I think the main thing that determines ugly is the face.

You really thing very ugly face skinny women get more male attention than fat,attractive faced women?
I see lots of overweight women with partners. There's an overweight girl at work who is very pretty and has a very handsome boyfriend (his picture is on her desk).

Being ugly sucks for both males and females.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:24 AM

50 posts, read 102,037 times
The op is right.

But If the "main thing that determines ugly is the face" and "being ugly sucks for both males and females", then it's just a matter of how our society thinks ugliness is.

Beauty and ugliness change with time. In the past, they were connected to moral, virtue and behaviour and so on.

The truth is, there are many beautiful women out there that when you get the chance to known them they became quite unattractive or ugly: it's something i have learned with time. Easy, dumb, shallow girls with only pretty faces are not interesting. Sometimes they think they are interesting because they dress well or are popular, but over time that is just appearance: they are not interesting at all.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:00 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I was thinking this. Maybe the OP is going after supermodel types?
Why doesn't he go for average or unattractive women?
Me sainted Pappy, officer and gentleman of the US Navy, offtered me these wordz of wisdom when I was but a lad. "Always remember son, there are NO unattractive women. Big, little shor tall, they are ALL delightful". So, being very revering of my Dad, I have always treated the ladies equally. After all, a ladys a lady. I am as likely to hold the door open for a harried housewife in sweats as I am a supermodel with an entourage. A smile and a thank you from ANY lady is fee enough for any help I offer.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:59 AM

20,763 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Okay not to go on asian women rant but thats another reason why I would date them over thee other races. Asian women typically favor intelligence, financial status, stability, social etiquette, and outgoingness over pretty eyes, a nice chest, height, and strong shoulders. etc. etc.

They care about what you can present to a conversation, what you drive and if you know how to have fun over superficial looks. As long as your not butt ugly you will turn them on with a master's degree, a sharp suit, a silver tongue and a 80,000 mercedes.

If you really think about it.....they want you for you. There are some asian women who are gold diggers but most want a man with brains, money, respect and who knows how to have a good time. Thats why ALOT of white men are dating asian women and vice versa.

Huh??? Are you drunk? You want an Asian gold digger who wants you for your money and not for you?

Old 11-22-2013, 10:03 AM

17 posts, read 20,315 times
This is a very interesting topic!

Like the OP and some of the other posters, I went through my own personal Ugly Duck to Not-So-Ugly Duck transformation just this year. I did nothing different other than take make-up and hair styling classes. I lost about twenty pounds, but they were more cosmetic pounds than anything else; I got all puffy after being on steroids for several months and it was a quick loss. I also have systemic acne that causes large cysts to appear on my face that are controlled, not cured, and I have Keloid scars from a severe breakout when I was in my early teens.

People wouldn't give me the time of day, so I had to rock out with my personality.

The minute I started putting on makeup every day (found a brand that doesn't make my face look like an oil slick in less than 10 minutes and doesn't cause my already temperamental acne to flare up) and found a hairstyle that suited me, you'd think I was a freaking model the way I am be treated.

I never thought there was a difference; I figured it was just a perceived difference because I had noticed my more attractive friends getting freebies or people treating them differently, but when I saw it in action for myself...I was the one getting drinks bought for me by random guys on Girls Night Out, people rushing to open a door for me when I'm carrying nothing more than my iPod or carry groceries out to my car, or getting an extra pastry or a free up-size on my drink at SBux with a wink and smile from the Barista...

I don't think it's a hate thing. Jealousy? Sure. I'll never forget the Girls Night we had about a year ago and we all went to a bar. We were all seated around the table having a great time (there were five of us) when the waitress comes over with a tray and four drinks that coordinated with what everyone else was drinking except for me. The waitress was red in the face as she tried to explain to me that she told the gentlemen who bought the round that there were five of us, but he specifically wanted to buy the two blondes and the two red heads a drink, leaving me out. We all laughed about it and we moved on from it.

As I said, I never hated my more attractive co-workers or friends, but I was extremely jealous of them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty